fhdsjfkdslads

May 8, 2018
Just a quick FYI: the save data from previous versions IS compatible with the new one on Windows (don't know about other OS).

HowTo: regedit.exe, branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\UberPie\TaffyTales.
Find the needed key named
"wholeGameStateversion (older version)_h(some digits)"
and rename it to
"wholeGameStateversion 0.89.8b" (or whatever).

Tested it on version 0.89.8b with save data from 0.68.2a.

Saves time from skipping through 95% of content to find out that your favorite characters only got 5-10 minutes of new content between them in the last year and a half.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Just a quick FYI: the save data from previous versions IS compatible with the new one on Windows (don't know about other OS).

HowTo: regedit.exe, branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\UberPie\TaffyTales.
Find the needed key named
"wholeGameStateversion (older version)_h(some digits)"
and rename it to
"wholeGameStateversion 0.89.8b" (or whatever).

Tested it on version 0.89.8b with save data from 0.68.2a.

Saves time from skipping through 95% of content to find out that your favorite characters only got 5-10 minutes of new content between them in the last year and a half.
Possibly. However, you may be missing more than you think you are - 68.2 was the old version of the game before the new faux sandbox mode was introduced in 85.1 along with storyline changes and reconfiguring of a few of the quest routes. You might think it is working fine, only to find that there are problems in replay or other situations/variables down the line. That's why there wasn't a preloaded save in 85.1 - because of those changes weren't found fully compatible form v0.68.1 to v0.85.1 by the developer, themselves. Otherwise there is usually a preloaded save available that starts at the beginning of new content (like there was for 89.8).

Also, with the game being split into two separate versions/games in the next release (at least that is how it is represented by Uberpie) - it may not be the solution you are looking for.

Any fuckery you do within your Windows Registry is your prerogative - however, when people get to the Dunning–Kruger level of knowledge, they are at risk of bricking their computer-
: Exercise extreme caution when using the Registry Editor. If you edit the registry incorrectly, serious problems might occur that could require a complete reinstall of the operating system and result in data loss. Avoid any edits suggested by unofficial sources. For added protection, before making edits based on officially published Microsoft documentation, be sure to back up the registry. Then you can restore it if a problem occurs. For more information see How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.
PS: We've known for quite awhile that the save data is saved in the Windows Registry and have shared that information ad nauseum.

Last edited:

fhdsjfkdslads

May 8, 2018
Possibly. However, you may be missing more than you think you are - 68.2 was the old version of the game before the new faux
First of, you cannot brick a Windows installation by changing values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE branch.

Second, I think the location of the game's save data is stated by the author himself. The point was not that it's there, but that it is compatible and easily transferable.

You are basically saying not to mess with anything and play as intended. I'm saying - fine, but here's another option. It worked for me and saved me time, IMO it will just as well work for you if the need arises.

An aside about storyline and reconfiguration changes:
A cursory glance at save data from 0.68.2a and from 0.89.8b does NOT reveal major changes. Actually, it seems there are no changes in data structure at all. That in itself very strongly implies compatibility, even if some actual restructuring of quests took place.

And IF there are changes, they all must be trivial just by virtue of the game being basically linear. It's just a bunch of scenes and the flags for their availability, and some flags for major decisions. No need to overcomplicate simple matters. The reason why the author didn't provide a compatibility option is a mystery, but it's definitely not because it's difficult.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
First of, you cannot brick a Windows installation by changing values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE branch.
I didn't say as such. To expand on what I did say: once a person reaches a certain level of cock-suredness without the applicable knowledge and experience - they may decide they can do other things in their Windows Registry because "it's not difficult" and fuck things up by trying other suggestions they find on the internet (or their own tinkering).

Or, the TL;DR version that was in my original post "when people get to the Dunning–Kruger level of knowledge, they are at risk of bricking their computer"

I guess I wasn't clear. People should not fuck around in their Registry simply on the advice of others; it opens a Pandora's Box - hence the reason for the warning from Microsoft (and others).

A developer and their coder should know more than someone who takes a cursory glance at the player preferences saved in a Windows Registry about whether or not simply just changing the HKEY value(s) would work - otherwise they could have avoided the grief they got for weeks in Patreon and their Discord after the release of v0.85.1 for not providing a preloaded start point (particularly after that release being delayed for a few months). However, Uberpie has had knowledge issues in the past - but why take the chance?

Ghost'Xo

Formerly 'Ghost''
Oct 24, 2020
So I've been saving updates and haven't played in awhile and I was planning on playing again when the next update comes out but I just read the the Counts FAQ and the update for march 31st and seen it said the next update will start the NTR route, but what I don't understand is, is the next update just going to focus on NTR or is it going to have a bit of both? If it's just NTR then ill start playing now instead of waiting.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Mia, if I'm not mistaken, is described as the mc's crush.
Huh, that's weird. What version number of the game did you play? Must have been a pretty old one. I first started playing this with version 0.69 and even then I swear it was Stacey that was mentioned as the MC's crush.

Maybe over time the dev has been slowly rewriting things for the sake of the two separate versions of the game. Who knows?

It would at least explain why sometimes I feel like random parts look like someone else wrote them. Those random parts don't seem to have a pattern of logic from what I've seen. I thought maybe it was because newer scenes have a new writer or better proofreading but it's too inconsistent for that to be the case.
It'd make more sense if maybe the writer is going back to those scenes and doing rewrites and in the process taking some more time and care in proofreading.
Idk, I'm probably wrong. I just always thought that was weird and wanted some reasoning behind it.

Reactions: Count Morado

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
So I've been saving updates and haven't played in awhile and I was planning on playing again when the next update comes out but I just read the the Counts FAQ and the update for march 31st and seen it said the next update will start the NTR route, but what I don't understand is, is the next update just going to focus on NTR or is it going to have a bit of both? If it's just NTR then ill start playing now instead of waiting.
Copy pasta from my previous post couple pages ago

its not going to matter soon the game is getting split into two entirely separate downloadable games , the non NTR version is not supposed to have any inkling of NTR while the cuck version will be all cuck or something like that . Everyone gets what they want...

So when the update hits play which ever version suits you.

Reactions: Count Morado

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Huh, that's weird. What version number of the game did you play? Must have been a pretty old one. I first started playing this with version 0.69 and even then I swear it was Stacey that was mentioned as the MC's crush.
I honestly might be misremembering things. I could have sworn the mc said he had a crush on mia, but I might just be mixing her up with stacy, cause I remember her being mentioned as a crush too.

Reactions: allanl9020142

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Update news!
Hello everyone,
We’ve been working hard on the latest update, all within March, we've managed to add 5 new updated locations, 4 new animations, several new items, over 50 CGs and over 200+ pages of script.
Well, it’s been a productive month, to say the least.

We’re also working on improving the open-world elements of the game, starting with introducing over 30+ more mini-talks where you can interact with characters and things as you move around the world, and hopefully, we have a few other surprises waiting for you all too!
Suffice to say, we’re very excited to show you all the latest updates. We think some particular fans are going to be especially pleased:)
For now, though, it’s back to work.
Thank you all so much, as always, for your support,
Without you, none of this would be possible,
-The Taffy Tales Team
‘If only all gardening was done by scantily clad busty women… A man can dream.’

Personal thoughts : " We think some particular fans are going to be especially pleased:) " IT'S US ? NTR LOVERS ?

View attachment 2508055
Notice how Uber changed from monthly updates to the so called "mega" updates which took him a quarter than came back to regular updates that gets released only 2 times in a year & images are AI generated, shabby.

Reactions: DarkWarden

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
I honestly might be misremembering things. I could have sworn the mc said he had a crush on mia, but I might just be mixing her up with stacy, cause I remember her being mentioned as a crush too.
his crush was always that skinny blond bimbo
mia was the red head that principal pounded

in the ntr router darnell will run through stacy and principal on mia
regular route you'll get both of them and make them your pet.

Ghost'Xo

Formerly 'Ghost''
Oct 24, 2020
Copy pasta from my previous post couple pages ago

its not going to matter soon the game is getting split into two entirely separate downloadable games , the non NTR version is not supposed to have any inkling of NTR while the cuck version will be all cuck or something like that . Everyone gets what they want...

So when the update hits play which ever version suits you.
I have no problem with NTR, what I was wondering is when the updates come out, will it be for both? Or for just one route/game per update?

Timendo

NTR Connoisseur
Donor
Jan 31, 2018
I have no problem with NTR, what I was wondering is when the updates come out, will it be for both? Or for just one route/game per update?
Since the 2 routes system is a new things nobody knows, for sure there will be NTR in this update, but we can't say just based on images that there will be non-NTR content (probably tho because a lot of people will be angry if there's only NTR content this update)
And after this update ? They'll let us know probably

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ghost'Xo

CoA1306

Mar 26, 2023
Okay so when having to set up the cameras i cant set the camera up in the shower because the is no shower so im really confused what to do please someone help

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Okay so when having to set up the cameras i cant set the camera up in the shower because the is no shower so im really confused what to do please someone help
did he redraw this?I don't remember , if he did click around it's in there

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes