nkdrdr

May 3, 2020
Damn just finished v0.95 , idk, somehow both routes disssapointing af in terms of content/animation, hope next update will be better

Hans_Olo

May 18, 2019
Is Tiffany supposed to be renamed "Sister"? Because, if you just give her an ordinary name, you get stuff like "you're Peter's Tiffany" which is something nobody would say irl. But if you name her "Sister", then you end up calling her "Sister" all the time, which also nobody does, especially when they're not her brother. That whole thing doesn't make sense.

Best incest hideup I've seen so far is in "A Town Uncovered". At the beginning the game asks who these people are to you, you type "Mother" and "Sister", a PSA appears that they don't advocate incest, but then the game is patched and your sister is even your twin. Too bad the art sucks and it's buggy af.

Reactions: silentshadow

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is Tiffany supposed to be renamed "Sister"? Because, if you just give her an ordinary name, you get stuff like "you're Peter's Tiffany" which is something nobody would say irl. But if you name her "Sister", then you end up calling her "Sister" all the time, which also nobody does, especially when they're not her brother. That whole thing doesn't make sense.

Best incest hideup I've seen so far is in "A Town Uncovered". At the beginning the game asks who these people are to you, you type "Mother" and "Sister", a PSA appears that they don't advocate incest, but then the game is patched and your sister is even your twin. Too bad the art sucks and it's buggy af.
When Uberpie put out the first release, the game was called "Family Tales" with a school setting and Mary was "Mom" and Tiffany was "Sister". Then Patreon told Uberpie he needed to make changes or he would not be allowed to promote it on their site. So, it became "Taffy Tales" with a college setting and he defaulted things to Mary and Tiffany, adding the option to rename the women. Pretty much he did a Find/Replace poorly (as is his modus operandi).
Yes, it is as incongruous as someone being on this site for 4 years and all 17 of their posts are in the most recent 3 weeks, all about 1 game.

Reactions: SGGG and locco1234

Hans_Olo

May 18, 2019
When Uberpie put out the first release, the game was called "Family Tales" with a school setting and Mary was "Mom" and Tiffany was "Sister". Then Patreon told Uberpie he needed to make changes or he would not be allowed to promote it on their site. So, it became "Taffy Tales" with a college setting and he defaulted things to Mary and Tiffany, adding the option to rename the women. Pretty much he did a Find/Replace poorly (as is his modus operandi).
Yes, it is as incongruous as someone being on this site for 4 years and all 17 of their posts are in the most recent 3 weeks, all about 1 game.
I know about the WHY since I started playing Summertime Saga a couple of years ago. I was just bamboozled about the HOW, although, like you said, their "modus operandi" is being lazy about everything programming. So much in this game is really annoying, from bugs (I had to play Season 3 (the Mary update?) like 4 or 5 times to make it work properly) over the grammar (at least every second sentence has a typo. Spell check exists!) to storyparts that suddenly just disappear (do we just ignore the chest, powertool and knocking Mary unconcious stuff that happened in Season 3?)

I think they playtest it like, once, and then think:

99704_rg9ffexxx51hx2t_full[1].jpeg

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I know about the WHY since I started playing Summertime Saga a couple of years ago. I was just bamboozled about the HOW, although, like you said, their "modus operandi" is being lazy about everything programming. So much in this game is really annoying, from bugs (I had to play Season 3 (the Mary update?) like 4 or 5 times to make it work properly) over the grammar (at least every second sentence has a typo. Spell check exists!) to storyparts that suddenly just disappear (do we just ignore the chest, powertool and knocking Mary unconcious stuff that happened in Season 3?)

I think they playtest it like, once, and then think:
450×360 jpeg
32,5 kB

View attachment 3057942
I very nearly agree with your playtesting assumption.

There is no "Season 3" at this time. Simply Seasons 1-4 are encapsulated in v0.89.8. The new version convention is being reverse engineered and I doubt Uberpie has made any definitive designations of which update goes to which season.

The releases are:
v0.95.7 (Season 5) - a so-called mega update -
v0.89.8 (Seasons 1-4) which includes content for:
  • v0.89.8 (mega update)
  • v0.85.1 (major bugfix of v0.82.4)
  • v0.82.4 (mega update)
  • v0.68.2 (mega update)
  • v0.47.5 (mega update)
  • v0.22.0
  • v0.17.0
  • v0.14.3
  • v0.11.2
  • v0.10.5
  • v0.9.2
  • V0.8.1
  • v0.7.1
  • v0.6.1
  • v0.5.1
  • v0.01
And then the standalones that aren't in any of the above:
Maybe each of the mega updates are the seasons, which would be a logical assumption - except that v0.82.4/v0.85.1 was mostly content added to the beginning of the story line with revisions and additional characters and little at the end. So is that Season 1 and then v0.47.5 content (and everything not changed by v0.82.4/v0.85.1) is Season 2? Or is v0.22.0 Season 1 with the inclusion of revamped content from v0.82.4/v0.85.1?

Until there is actual demarcations of what each of the first four seasons are - I think it would be best to not attempt to use season head-canons as canon in the thread. Simply refer scenes by their updates if known or use the section headers in the gallery (even though v0.82.4/v0.85.1 isn't even referenced in the gallery for v0.82.4 through v0.89.8 because very little was added in terms of lewd scenes - it was mostly creating a fake sandbox environment that is still faulty and rewrites).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I just assumed it was Season 3 (where you can play as Mary and the MC), because after that came the animation update, which I assumed was Season 4. But you understood what I meant. ;)
I guessed. Actually, the MC switch is from v0.47.5, not v0.68.2 - which could most likely be either Season 1 or 2, depending upon how Uberpie breaks it out. It would be a tough fit to make it Season 3. The intro update/animation update was v0.82.4/v0.85.1. This all goes back to my original point to stick with using the version numbers until Uberpie unfucks it, if ever.

SGGG

May 9, 2020
You may say you don't enjoy NTR content, But God damn are you everywhere in NTR threads defending it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The problem is that there are many people complaining about the NTR.
There was also Mary with Darnell in the gym, but there was only one thing and you could choose that option for NTR or for not NTR (like with Danny). in the game. There hasn't been a big shout out about his scenes yet or have I missed something?

Most of the 90% who complain are not Patreon members. I've been supporting for 3 years and I only complain when there's something really wrong like bugs or there's something wrong with the content (like art or dialogue).

But everyone is upset just because of the NTR Netorare (jap. 寝取られ) thing since this update (Season 5)!

Imagine paying money to this dude for him to just use AI CG lol. What a waste.
It wasn't until July that I realized it was AI art. But since I've now checked, the maker already made an attempt on January 2023 and didn't mention that he was using this art because he knew what would happen...

I also wrote a message about praise and criticism etc. When I wrote afterwards that a new graphics engine was used, he said: "I changed my style, that there were people who wanted to see something new from the character and thought I'll try it like that and I'll have a reinforcement for my team to do it (he didn't tell me any names who he was, he wasn't even a user name, he wanted to give it to me for the prize)

The best thing was when I wrote again in October and said: "This art is interesting. But I also agree that it is AI art?"

After that no one wrote me a message and suddenly Danny no longer has 6 fingers but 5 fingers! I'm sure Danny Finger corrected my question?

He has blocked me ever since. The truth hurts, but it's fair! Of course I'm still his subscriber because of the game!

greeting
SGGG

Meanwhile

Jun 29, 2017
Then you have missed it people have been complaining about NTR netonare for awhile and begging the dev not to add more. NTR has a very small but extremely vocal fanbase and will dish out money to see it in whatever project they like. The issue comes to when devs start adding it in to games that didn't innitialy advertise that. It also makes no sense to make a horse dick MC get cucked. We will see if he starts losing more patons when he starts adding more NTR as that is what typically happens to these games. Then he will have to double dowm on the NTR for those who stayed.
"The issue comes to when devs start adding it in to games that didn't innitialy advertise that."
LOLWUT? The dev made it clear he is gonna add cucking/NTR in the game since the absolute start of development and people were complaining about it already then, 5 years ago! I am not defender of NTR, but acting like the big NTR hating group for this game is not as annoying (if not even more) than NTR fans is silly, and they have been pretty vocal about it too, so no wonder if that was one of the reasons this path haven't been started implementing until so much later.
"It also makes no sense to make a horse dick MC get cucked."
Well you can't make MC being hung in dominant path and then magically have the small dick in cuck path without it looking like bs. And IMHO I think big dick guys getting cucked is at least some kind of unusual idea for that kink, the trope of "uhhhh my dick is small and bull's dick is big hurr durr and because of that I am about to be cucked" is tired and overdone to death.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The issue comes to when devs start adding it in to games that didn't innitialy advertise that.
This game started with netorare (under the incorrect genre of cucckold) announced back in 2018 when it was first released and the subject has arisen frequently every year since.
1699134543122.png
The developer's vision has always been to include these genres. The fact is that a small subgroup of the group of people who do not like netorare/ntr has continuously bullied the developer into thinking that if he followed his own vision (whatever it is, and however sloppily he does it) that they would create a huge scene, quit subscribing and/or brigade the threads and badger him for "cucking" them.
It also makes no sense to make a horse dick MC get cucked.
This shows a lack of understanding human motivations, interests, desires. Not every person wants a horse dick up inside them. It's a fucking trope. Literally, a "Fucking" trope. Not everyone is a size queen.
We will see if he starts losing more patons when he starts adding more NTR as that is what typically happens to these games.
You have absolutely no proof to back up your claim to what "typically happens to these games." There may be some games that do lose patrons - there may also be games who gain them. No one has actually collected data to make a substantiated claim. You're blowing smoke out.
In fact, in Uberpie's case - the most recent update that includes the netorare/ntr route shows his biggest jump (in both numbers and percentage) in patreons of any update he's previously released.
1699135186254.png
We'll have to wait and see how that holds out - but you are definitely coming from a biased viewpoint and feeding into your own beliefs rather than attempting to look at everything with an unjaundiced eye.

Hans_Olo

May 18, 2019
This game started with netorare (under the incorrect genre of cucckold)
Okay someone has to help out the old fuck that is me with these terms.
I was under the impression that NTR means, the MC is involved with a person who is in a relationship, or the MC (mostly female then) is in a relationship themselves and is cheating on their partner.
And cuckold when the MC is cheated on.

So why is the term cuckold wrong for the "NTR" route?

kalik

Oct 14, 2017
This game started with netorare (under the incorrect genre of cucckold) announced back in 2018 when it was first released and the subject has arisen frequently every year since.
View attachment 3061241
The developer's vision has always been to include these genres. The fact is that a small subgroup of the group of people who do not like netorare/ntr has continuously bullied the developer into thinking that if he followed his own vision (whatever it is, and however sloppily he does it) that they would create a huge scene, quit subscribing and/or brigade the threads and badger him for "cucking" them.This shows a lack of understanding human motivations, interests, desires. Not every person wants a horse dick up inside them. It's a fucking trope. Literally, a "Fucking" trope. Not everyone is a size queen.
You have absolutely no proof to back up your claim to what "typically happens to these games." There may be some games that do lose patrons - there may also be games who gain them. No one has actually collected data to make a substantiated claim. You're blowing smoke out.
In fact, in Uberpie's case - the most recent update that includes the netorare/ntr route shows his biggest jump (in both numbers and percentage) in patreons of any update he's previously released.
View attachment 3061244
We'll have to wait and see how that holds out - but you are definitely coming from a biased viewpoint and feeding into your own beliefs rather than attempting to look at everything with an unjaundiced eye.
I'm not quite sure what your objective is but the stats you quote are deceptive. Below is more reflective of UberPie patreon subscription status and trend.
1699175222562.png 1699175398578.png

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm not quite sure what your objective is but the stats you quote are deceptive. Below is more reflective of UberPie patreon subscription status and trend.
View attachment 3062057 View attachment 3062060
You are the one being deceptive.

We're using the same site, - you just prefer to look at 1 year and 6 months when I was looking at a longer time frame. I even expanded to view the graphic I originally used because using the smaller version makes it looks even more apparent that the recent update smashed Uberpie previous records. I was attempting to show less bias - but hey, if you want to play your little games:
1699195091764.png
  1. is the v0.95.7 update that includes the netorare (ntr) route
  2. is the v0.82.4/v0.85.1 update
  3. is the v0.68.1 update
As you can plainly see - what I stated is what we see. I also stated in my initial response to you that, yes, time will tell about whether the trend will hold. It's still too early to tell. As you can see - after any update, there is always a dip because a decent number of people subscribe in the month of an update just to get the update, then they pause their subscription until the next update. As for the Patreon Adult Games rank - as you can see, he aint hurting there, either. Staying right around that Top 20 of over 6000 adult game creators on Patreon.

If you are going to use data, use it ethically - not simply a smaller snapshot to attempt to prove your falsehood. That's like looking at a one winter that is below normal temps and days the world is on its way to freezing over. You need to take a wider look at trends and other factors.
Curious what will happen when red completely takes over Peter
Peter will eventually gain control over red in the main route, not the other way around, to become more assertive on his own. The story narrative is already going in that direction in the main route.
Okay someone has to help out the old fuck that is me with these terms.
I was under the impression that NTR means, the MC is involved with a person who is in a relationship, or the MC (mostly female then) is in a relationship themselves and is cheating on their partner.
And cuckold when the MC is cheated on.

So why is the term cuckold wrong for the "NTR" route?
A cuckold is a willing participant in the relationship, it creates positive feelings. They get off on their partner having sex with others - either simply the idea of it, or having the partner talk about it, or watching it (video or live). This would better be understood as Netorase.

Netorare is when the person is unwilling, it creates negative feelings. They become sad, jealous, angry, or otherwise upset when they learn that their partner is actively having sex with another person (or people) and uses it to belittle them.

So, yes, people who think they are being insulting by calling someone a cuck is actually showing their own stupidity on the subject. But hey, that's usually the case with bullies, isn't it?

3.50 star(s) 350 Votes