Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Can you guys not see the night and day difference between the AI face of Mary & Peter as compared to original ?

Is it just me ?

Uberpie got such huge support after he got kicked of Patreon, and this is the shit he delivers.
And who are these cuck Patreons who don't even ask for the bare minimum of touch-ups on the fuking FACEs and bodies of characters ?

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
Can you guys not see the night and day difference between the AI face of Mary & Peter as compared to original ?

Is it just me ?

Uberpie got such huge support after he got kicked of Patreon, and this is the shit he delivers.
And who are these cuck Patreons who don't even ask for the bare minimum of touch-ups on the fuking FACEs and bodies of characters ?
It looks fine to me. I see your point on the freckles, if I were uber I’d add freckles externally, but mary looks close enough. Then again, me personally I spend more time reading the dialogue than looking at the art. As long as there’s enough similarity, it’s fine for me. I mean at a glance I could tell who each character was.

Anyway for the love of god and all that is holy, please Uber give us lewd routes for ryoko. It is a crime that such a pretty character has been neglected for so damn long since she was introduced. I will give you my first born son.

succhiale

Mar 25, 2024
I think the colors are chosen too brightly. The color scheme is very different from all the previous arts. I really like Peter and Tiffany's bodies, Tiffany's face looks like her face from seasons 1-4, but not like her face from season 5 (I don't know why I feel that way). I would have lowered Mary's eyes a bit lower so that they look at 1 point with Peter's eyes - in this position the eye is blocked by the pout of the glasses, which for me personally looks a bit weird. Peter's face okay. Mary's body is okay too. I also have a question about the girls' legs - they're either in tights or that light. Nice background.

Vanheller

Dec 30, 2021
Holy shit I'm glad I stopped my support, MC looks so dumb :KEK:
I have become your predecessor that must deal with that shit LMAO. No wonder you stopped supporting UberPie :KEK:. When I saw MC face, I just fucking laughed at how noticeable the AI art is. Uber don't even bother changing the art style.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

Is it just me ?
It's just you (about Mary) - this image has familiar angles for Mary's face that the AI could generate from (instead of assembling what the algorithm's plot) and is pretty decent. Just missing a mole/freckle/beauty mark.

v0.8.1 / teaser
1718242524840.png 1718242535926.png

Peter's face is not on model.

v0.8.1 / teaser
1718242435586.png 1718242449668.png

Tiffany's face is pretty close to on model.

v0.8.1 / teaser
1718242337343.png 1718242350956.png
Question, I downloaded the old version,Season 1-4 (v0.89.8c), why is there no netorare route?
Because the netorare route is currently not developed in v0.89.8 (Seasons 1-4)

Bringbigdick

May 1, 2017
Nobody dissapointed of the glossy AI Character Art? All those glossy skins are so not natural that it is a really turnoff for me.

And yes the old Art-style without too much AI was way better.

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
Nobody dissapointed of the glossy AI Character Art? All those glossy skins are so not natural that it is a really turnoff for me.

And yes the old Art-style without too much AI was way better.
Everyone keeps asking if no one is disappointed by the AI art, clearly a lot of people are disappointed. It is apparent if you read most recent messages on here.

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
It's just you (about Mary) - this image has familiar angles for Mary's face that the AI could generate from (instead of assembling what the algorithm's plot) and is pretty decent. Just missing a mole/freckle/beauty mark.

v0.8.1 / teaser
View attachment 3731285 View attachment 3731286

Peter's face is not on model.

v0.8.1 / teaser
View attachment 3731283 View attachment 3731284

Tiffany's face is pretty close to on model.

v0.8.1 / teaser
View attachment 3731277 View attachment 3731278

Because the netorare route is currently not developed in v0.89.8 (Seasons 1-4)
It’d be more fair to compare with their post-S5 models, as I’m pretty sure what Uber did was paste those on top of the AI generated image

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Anyone know that why my map is greyed out. Am stuck in the park and can't leave now
That's because you did something you weren't supposed to at the time. A gray map usually mean an active task - so that a player doesn't fast-travel out of the place they need to complete the task. But sometimes it happens when players do something that the developer didn't code properly for.

See possible reasons: https://f95zone.to/threads/taffy-tales-s5-v1-07-3c-uberpie.9861/post-11543370

In the end, save early and save often, and then reload a previous save when something happens. This is a game in development, things break. Hell, in fully released games, things break.
It’d be more fair to compare with their post-S5 models, as I’m pretty sure what Uber did was paste those on top of the AI generated image
The Season 5 models are AI images which are more off model than any of Uberpie's old drawn work. Also, no, those faces do not appear photoshopped into that preview image. If anything, perhaps Uberpie actually took time to edit an AI generated image, which is what he should be doing all along.

However, if he edited the faces of Mary and Tiffany to appear more like their intended character models, why wouldn't he do so for the MC? I mean, yeah, Uberpie is lazy - but even that wouldn't explain taking time to only edit 2 of the 3 faces - especially when the MC's face is one that is burned into the player's memory because it is almost always shown throughout the game. So having an off-model MC would be worse.

So, I disagree with your assertation that comparing to Season 5 is more appropriate - because the argument was that the faces in the preview do not match the "original." If you look at the posts of the person I responded to, they prefer Seasons 1-4 art over the Season 5 art - so their argument is that the preview image doesn't match the Seasons 1-4 faces. And the v0.8.1 examples are damn near the closest that one can get to "original." Season 5 is not "original," but instead are AI generated, for the most part.

In two of the three faces of the preview image, the faces are some of the better on model work Uberpie has presented for those two characters (even when it was done by Uberpie's hand - who has always been terrible about consistency if not having the chance to trace a previous work --- their own or someone else's).

Reactions: harem.king

succhiale

Mar 25, 2024
The Season 5 models are AI images which are more off model than any of Uberpie's old drawn work. Also, no, those faces do not appear photoshopped into that preview image. If anything, perhaps Uberpie actually took time to edit an AI generated image, which is what he should be doing all along.

However, if he edited the faces of Mary and Tiffany to appear more like their intended character models, why wouldn't he do so for the MC? I mean, yeah, Uberpie is lazy - but even that wouldn't explain taking time to only edit 2 of the 3 faces - especially when the MC's face is one that is burned into the player's memory because it is almost always shown throughout the game. So having an off-model MC would be worse.

So, I disagree with your assertation that comparing to Season 5 is more appropriate - because the argument was that the faces in the preview do not match the "original." If you look at the posts of the person I responded to, they prefer Seasons 1-4 art over the Season 5 art - so their argument is that the preview image doesn't match the Seasons 1-4 faces. And the v0.8.1 examples are damn near the closest that one can get to "original." Season 5 is not "original," but instead are AI generated, for the most part.

In two of the three faces of the preview image, the faces are some of the better on model work Uberpie has presented for those two characters (even when it was done by Uberpie's hand - who has always been terrible about consistency if not having the chance to trace a previous work --- their own or someone else's).

I actually agree with Redelin - it's more appropriate to compare it to season 5. I realize that you were responding to a specific person who mentioned seasons 1-4, so you presented the comparison from them as well. I meant in general - in my opinion, it's more logical to compare it to season 5. After all:
1) Season 5 is the last season in the time period. This means that at least it is fresher than the others and logically should be more technically executed (that's leaving out the fact that a lot of people don't like AI). Also, since it's the last one, we can see UberPie's latest plans for the characters, I mean, for example, suddenly he decided to revise the appearance of the same Tiffany (who I really like in season 5). This is purely an example, I hope I was able to get my point across.
2) A remake is a remake to replace the old with the new. Conditionally, we have 3 drawn figures, figure 1 was drawn first, so it is not very realized. Figure 2 was after it, it is already better, but it is not figure 3, which at the moment is the peak of creativity. Yes, you'll say that AI is hard to count as creativity, but then there's no point in comparing overall, because all new art is AI. So when redrawing figure 1 it is logical to compare the quality to figure 3 and not to the old figure 1, I hope I was able to convey my position.
Also about the faces - Tiffany's face is different from both season 1-4 and season 5. But this is in my opinion, don't take it as 100% truth.
I think Peter's and Tiffany's faces were created in some new style, as well as the background, couch, table (maybe Uber changed the checkpoint AI). I think Mary's face was made on top of the finished art using one of the old checkpoints. Well, Mary and Tiffany's modeling also looks like using an old checkpoint, unlike Peter's modeling. I don't know, maybe I'm already paranoid, but I can clearly see where the drawing styles differ. I could be wrong though, it's just a guess.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I actually agree with Redelin - it's more appropriate to compare it to season 5. I realize that you were responding to a specific person who mentioned seasons 1-4, so you presented the comparison from them as well. I meant in general - in my opinion, it's more logical to compare it to season 5. After all:
1) Season 5 is the last season in the time period. This means that at least it is fresher than the others and logically should be more technically executed (that's leaving out the fact that a lot of people don't like AI). Also, since it's the last one, we can see UberPie's latest plans for the characters, I mean, for example, suddenly he decided to revise the appearance of the same Tiffany (who I really like in season 5). This is purely an example, I hope I was able to get my point across.
2) A remake is a remake to replace the old with the new. Conditionally, we have 3 drawn figures, figure 1 was drawn first, so it is not very realized. Figure 2 was after it, it is already better, but it is not figure 3, which at the moment is the peak of creativity. Yes, you'll say that AI is hard to count as creativity, but then there's no point in comparing overall, because all new art is AI. So when redrawing figure 1 it is logical to compare the quality to figure 3 and not to the old figure 1, I hope I was able to convey my position.
Also about the faces - Tiffany's face is different from both season 1-4 and season 5. But this is in my opinion, don't take it as 100% truth.
I think Peter's and Tiffany's faces were created in some new style, as well as the background, couch, table (maybe Uber changed the checkpoint AI). I think Mary's face was made on top of the finished art using one of the old checkpoints. Well, Mary and Tiffany's modeling also looks like using an old checkpoint, unlike Peter's modeling. I don't know, maybe I'm already paranoid, but I can clearly see where the drawing styles differ. I could be wrong though, it's just a guess.
I don't know why this is an argument.

My response was to a person who was complaining about the vast difference between the original character models (Seasons 1-4) to AI generated models (Season 5, specifically the image in the preview that was presented). There would be no reason to compare Season 5 to the preview image - that was not the premise presented.

The person who posted does not like the AI generated art in Season 5. That is their premise. They want Uberpie to make the art look more like Seasons 1-4.

Discussing "remake" and comparing the preview image to Season 5 art makes no sense in this conversation. That is a completely different conversation. You (and maybe Redelin) are attempting to bring in a different premise through your response.

The original premise:
She's doesn't even look like Mary.
Sticking to that - I answered with examples to show that:
Mary and Tiffany's faces are as on-model as one could have expected (if not more on-model) had Uberpie hand-drawn or traced them. If he used AI to generate them, great! If he went in and edited the art to be more on-model - even better because it shows he is finally caring more about consistency and his output than just simply dropping in the art without revision.

If you want to see how badly he can go off-model with Mary or Tiffany - go look at Seasons 1-4 of Mary sleeping in bed as the MC disrobes her or Tiffany on all fours on her bed while she is webcamming someone.

I think you are misreading Redelin's post because they, too, think Mary and Tiffany are pretty-much on model.
its still much more in line with their actual look.
Finally, you're talking backgrounds and lighting and tones and fabric print - that was not part of the conversation that I was responding to, you've added on with that. Yes, backgrounds and lighting and tones and fabric print, etc have altered and that's due to the AI generation. I agree - but that's not what the conversation was about. It was about whether the faces looked more like the original or not.

Reactions: succhiale
3.50 star(s) 348 Votes