MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
This isn't a "game" - it's a VN on a game engine. There's some alternative choices, but for the most part, you will have to progress in the set storylines in order to complete it. It's not going to change simply because you decided to use MySpace 2002 font sizes.

If that's not your thing, fine - delete it and move along so something else.
Then why do I have options if none of them do anything?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You have to go see what Mrs. Thompson (Clara) and Walter are doing in order to progress the story - you're in the middle of a quest line that requires you to move that direction right now.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
they are supposed to make you more invested in the story, besides there are supposed to be another couple of routes that will be available in future updates, will still probably still be linear, but it's be 3 VN's instead of one.

Reactions: Count Morado

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
You have to go see what Mrs. Thompson (Clara) and Walter are doing in order to progress the story - you're in the middle of a quest line that requires you to move that direction right now.
That doesn't answer my question. Why are there options, if clicking them only results in the game smacking your fingers and going 'NO! That is NOT what you're supposed to chose!'? Glassix did it right - when you are locked in a storyline, it just removes all the other options.

Jackaljax

Jul 13, 2020
Guys. Need help pls I can't start this 3 quests.

It's time to invite gerda over to keep me company tonight.(only scene I have with her it's a sex scene and spend the night there)

Well, let's meet Priscilla at the movies tonight. (she don't appear the the mall)

Let's play something new. (can't find Clara)

Can anyone pls help me with this? Thank you
"Let's play something new." Go to your laptop
"Well, let's meet Priscilla at the movies tonight." Go inside the mall, she should be inside

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
That doesn't answer my question. Why are there options, if clicking them only results in the game smacking your fingers and going 'NO! That is NOT what you're supposed to chose!'? Glassix did it right - when you are locked in a storyline, it just removes all the other options.
whats your argument? that options are better than no options? I don't think you'll get much argument here, but options = lots more work, illusion of options = less work.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Oh, that I agree with you on.

Like the sandbox characters that exist in 4 different locations at the same time of the day (how can Priscilla be in the hall, in the mall, in the park, and at her pool in the same morning?).

Or like how when I had to click on Becca in the hall to advance a quest, there was the "Quest Becca" hiding behind the "Sandbox Becca" and I only had a sliver of pixels for my mouse to play hide-and-seek with in order to get the right one.

There are many things like that in this version (and hold over problems from previous versions).

He won't do it, but Uberpie should do nothing in the coming 2 months but fix all his loopholes, plot incongruities, coding bugs, and make sure there is proper logical structure in sandbox appearances (only one per time frame, none if a quest version is required to move story along, etc) as well as fix other issues with the code that have been prevalent for over two years.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
whats your argument? that options are better than no options? I don't think you'll get much argument here, but options = lots more work, illusion of options = less work.
If there is a choice for the player to click, I expect that choice to do something. If it doesn't do anything, it shouldn't be there.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
He won't do it, but Uberpie should do nothing in the coming 2 months but fix all his loopholes, plot incongruities, coding bugs, and make sure there is proper logical structure in sandbox appearances (only one per time frame, none if a quest version is required to move story along, etc) as well as fix other issues with the code that have been prevalent for over two years.
Sounds like my opinion on Lab Rats 2 and Vren in general... :p

• Haha

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
"Let's play something new." Go to your laptop
"Well, let's meet Priscilla at the movies tonight." Go inside the mall, she should be inside
You just quoted and answered a question from 26 months ago -- from version v0.14.3a. You need to come back to the future.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 1781565

my map dont work, help !
These are old quests -- searching the web for videos using the following words
  • "I need to think" taffy tales
the first video listed in the results

• Red Heart
Reactions: qdt0249

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
If there is a choice for the player to click, I expect that choice to do something. If it doesn't do anything, it shouldn't be there.
so you skipped over my reply about other routes in the future plans? ... never mind I've no interest in being Ubers PR manager, this whole update was a train wreck, I'm mostly waiting to see if he fixes it or ignores it.

• Yay, new update!
Dec 15, 2017
This game really need a good hint system. I am completely lost without any actives quest and did not even know where and when to find thing to start the new quest.

And some roll back so people could re-read the previous text, please.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
so you skipped over my reply about other routes in the future plans? ... never mind I've no interest in being Ubers PR manager, this whole update was a train wreck, I'm mostly waiting to see if he fixes it or ignores it.
I don't consider 'coming up eventually maybe one day if I can be bothered' to be a valid excuse for bad game design. Not to mention this game was in dev for over 4 years now. But okay, never mind then.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
This game really need a good hint system. I am completely lost without any actives quest and did not even know where and when to find thing to start the new quest.

And some roll back so people could re-read the previous text, please.
Great suggestions that have been shared time and again for a couple years. The developer, Uberpie, never comes here to read them. The writer, lostraven, comes in regularly - I'm sure he's passed these along several times.

All bugs and suggestions should be posted in the developer's discord linked in the OP - along with saying a prayer and buying lotto ticket, one of those may pay off one day.

And really, that's what everyone should be doing for every game/VN/etc they find on here - unless you KNOW the developer is active on F95 or said something different, go to the developer's website/discord/whatever and if they have public access for suggestions/bug reports - do it there ... not on F95.
HELLO EVERYONE I'M NEW THOSE WHO HELP ME WHERE I FIND THE SAVINGS ON PC
A search for the word "SAVE" in this thread using the search box at the top right of every page will result in you finding out that the saves are within your Windows Registry - not a file.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
привет, у кого есть андроид версия?
Я умею читать по-русски.
I know how to read Russian.

This is an English-Only thread.

Also: he's right, you know.

11 of your 12 posts on this site are all repetitions on the same thread within this thread in the past 3 days. Go outside.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes