Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hello, I think something is broken with the "Violet Booty Call". The game doesn't progress. After the scene, I see I have no quests to do, and I can continue to call Violet. Am I missing something? :(
Go to bed.
When you wake up, click on everything in every room in your home.
Click on every door of every house you have access to.
Click on every location on the map (motel, estate, bridge, homes, apt building, warehouse, Fox Club, bar, hospital, park, mall, diner, store, school, etc).
Click on every door in the school, the store, the diner, the mall.
Click on every tree, window, door, etc in Priscilla's backyard.
Click on every NPC standing, sitting, whatever in every scene at every time frame of the day.
And then go to bed, again.
Repeat.

Be systematic, you'll find something.
if you just want to see the whole gallery you can use the gallery unlocker
You should be straight forward in stating it's not just "the gallery unlocker" it's your gallery unlocker. Saying "the" even with the link gives an implication this is something that could be considered official/authorized. It is not. I think it could be a useful tool - but if there are ever any questions or problems - people should know you are directing them to your work and are available for troubleshooting/help.
if you mean a way to share your save with someone then yes.
if you just want to unlock the whole gallery then use this one.
Same with these - you should make it clear you wrote these.

Reactions: APoc1

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
but it is clear in the post that I am the modder. should I add a disclaimer in the description?
I am not talking about the OP for your threads of the mods/utilities - I'm talking about when you link to it from here (or anywhere) that you should say "try my xxxx" or "if you want to do that, I wrote this utility xxx". If there is one thing that can be learned from this thread (and others) rarely do people read the OP - they go straight for the download link.

It's a suggestion of being transparent from the start that it's your creation - not that you are a user/player who has no vested interested how well the creation works. The former clearly shows you are promoting your work. The latter implies a neutral/objective person giving a recommendation.

iury

Dec 27, 2021
I am not talking about the OP for your threads of the mods/utilities - I'm talking about when you link to it from here (or anywhere) that you should say "try my xxxx" or "if you want to do that, I wrote this utility xxx". If there is one thing that can be learned from this thread (and others) rarely do people read the OP - they go straight for the download link.

It's a suggestion of being transparent from the start that it's your creation - not that you are a user/player who has no vested interested how well the creation works. The former clearly shows you are promoting your work. The latter implies a neutral/objective person giving a recommendation.
got it. I will refrain from suggesting my tools from now on

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I don't think not providing your patches is what he was getting at. In the link title you should "my bug fix..". so that people don't get the wrong impression and think the Dev has provided the patch. because people will assume it is a Dev thing and if they have issues they might hassle the Dev. Its a common practice among thee modders from what I have seen

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That was not my suggestion. There is not a need to get defensive.

I said to be honest and upfront when you tell people they can try your tools ... by telling them that they are your tools.

I also said I thought your tool could be useful. I didn't disparage it, I did not judge it.

That way people who read your post to go to your tools know you are the creator promoting your work (and that is a good thing).
They also know that you are not an unbiased person recommending a tool. An unbiased recommendation holds higher value in the eyes of a reader. So if you present yourself in a way that looks like you are unbiased, then that can imply deceit.

iury

Dec 27, 2021
I don't think not providing your patches is what he was getting at. In the link title you should "my bug fix..". so that people don't get the wrong impression and think the Dev has provided the patch. because people will assume it is a Dev thing and if they have issues they might hassle the Dev. Its a common practice among thee modders from what I have seen
yeah, I gave a thought and see the point. if I were the dev I would be pissed with players reporting bugs from an unofficial patched game

Reactions: APoc1

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
but it is clear in the post that I am the modder. should I add a disclaimer in the description?
maybe pack a readme file with it.
and most mods/patches have their own thread so people can share any issues, thoughts or requests without flooding the main thread. it'll help you keep it current without waiting on moderators

iury

Dec 27, 2021
maybe pack a readme file with it.
and most mods/patches have their own thread so people can share any issues, thoughts or requests without flooding the main thread. it'll help you keep it current without waiting on moderators
but they are their own threads already

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes