mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I called it a VN since it has (or will have) very basic branches. (+ choosing Trap or no Trap), Kinetic Novels don't even have that.
It's not a sandbox because you are limited to doing everything in a very specific order (non intuitive), which makes it a VN with extra walking IMO. A Sandbox would have choices about what you do and when you do it.
hmm... we need a term for something that is between a pure KN and a VN.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It's not a sandbox because you are limited to doing everything in a very specific order (non intuitive)
Yes, a common fail mode for sandboxes is when they make it absolutely linear. Which is why I call them kinetic sanboxes. They look like a sandbox at first glance. the world is open, there is a map, you navigate from place to place, and there are stats you raise and money to farm.

But then you find out that it isn't a sandbox. you can't just go to a side of a box and play. You have to do things in exact order. It is like a compromise between VN and sandbox that combines the worst features of both with none of the benefits.
I call such a thing a kinetic sandbox.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
+Priscilla and Becca are probably hanging out at Priscilla's house or something. (95.0%; 0.89.8)

I can't find anything at Priscilla's. Does anyone know what to do?
I've personally answered this at least 10 times in the past 4 days - the latest was here on the previous page: #25,510
i dont see report of violet last seen bug mary don t appear at the park
What are you asking? Post screenshot of your task list and event completed percentage.
View attachment 2102685
there is no hint and game at %63.5 someone can help me please?
See #9 and #8 here #25,511. Also I recommend #1. Also, download the update v0.89.8b.
Im stuck
Search ball with becca?
And
Deal with blue balls?
See #8 here #25,511. Also I recommend #1.
The search for the ball with becca question has to have been answered in this thread over 50 times, it seems about every 5 pages it gets asked. If you searched the thread. In the dialogue before that task became active - Becca tells you the ball landed in priscilla's back yard. Use the map to go to Priscilla's/Gerda's house. Click on Becca.
Where do you go to take care of your blue balls when at school? Yup, bathroom stall.
same here , almost all of tiffany scenes are black images.
i'm using linux version , i will try another time in my windows partition to see if the problem presist
Same problem.
You two and MrJay should go to the discord and report it as a #bug-report ... I'm guessing that there is something about your computers or OSs that the developer is unaware of.
so we get 6 months before he got caught by police? lol
Yes/No. Have you ever seen movies that do those kind of teaser scenes at the beginning? Sometimes they end the same, sometimes they end differently. Also, there is currently no time limit for this story - you could play past 200 days with not penalty.
Yes, a common fail mode for sandboxes is when they make it absolutely linear. Which is why I call them kinetic sanboxes. They look like a sandbox at first glance. the world is open, there is a map, you navigate from place to place, and there are stats you raise and money to farm.

But then you find out that it isn't a sandbox. you can't just go to a side of a box and play. You have to do things in exact order. It is like a compromise between VN and sandbox that combines the worst features of both with none of the benefits.
I call such a thing a kinetic sandbox.
There are choices in this title which offer alternate experiences - so kinetic novel is out and virtual novel is in. It is a compromise between VN and sandbox - so it wouldn't be kinetic sandbox, it would be virtual sandbox. And that makes more sense knowing that Taffy Tales isn't a full sandbox game - but sandbox-like, or .... virtual sandbox.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
There are choices in this title which offer alternate experiences - so kinetic novel is out and virtual novel is in. It is a compromise between VN and sandbox - so it wouldn't be kinetic sandbox, it would be virtual sandbox. And that makes more sense knowing that Taffy Tales isn't a full sandbox game - but sandbox-like, or .... virtual sandbox.
you are right that the choices make the kinetic thing inappropriate.
but virtual sandbox and sandbox-like don't seem to clearly communicate that things must be done in linear order.

... actually. why not just go with linear-sandbox or linear sandbox-like
LSL

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
you are right that the choices make the kinetic thing inappropriate.
but virtual sandbox and sandbox-like don't seem to clearly communicate that things must be done in linear order.

... actually. why not just go with linear-sandbox or linear sandbox-like
LSL
You do you, man. You do you. Linear =/= VN. Linear = KN. You have already agreed this isn't a KN, ergo you shouldn't use linear. Yet you continue this path no matter what. You do you. This has become more off-topic than about TT.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
View attachment 2102940

Love the game but wtf is this? also bugged at tiffany pc password...
You are the first to report this problem in this thread. You're only at 55.9%, the place where new content starts - you shouldn't have access to Tiffany's room yet, that doesn't happen until later.
  • What version (a) or (b) are you playing?
  • If version (b), did you play version (a) at all before using version (b)?
  • I see you used the save and cheat codes that the developer provided. Did you use any other save editors or unlockers?
  • What are your system specs: OS, CPU, RAM, Graphics Card and are your OS and drivers up to date?
Four questions, looking for four sets of answers.

satn-sama

Oct 20, 2021
Umm. The last time I played, I got upto that 'Mary-all-night' scene with HornedMC-- any new content in 89.8b? I heard there's going to be comic-con stuff last time I checked.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
same here had game stopping bugs so used gallery mod-not sure it was worth the time spent :(

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Umm. The last time I played, I got upto that 'Mary-all-night' scene with HornedMC-- any new content in 89.8b? I heard there's going to be comic-con stuff last time I checked.
What "mary all night" scene? If you last played v0.85.1a or earlier - yes there is new content. Read the changelog in OP or the last few pages of this thread or #6 here #25,511.
same here had game stopping bugs so used gallery mod-not sure it was worth the time spent :(
I ran into ZERO bugs with the new content in v0.89.8b (video here:#25,509). I ran into one missing background and a misordered task list item in the new content in v0.89.8a (video here: #25,052). I have a decade old Windows 10 computer with no post-OEM hardware, OS and drivers are kept up to date.

"same here" what? If you are finding bugs, then you need to go to the discord if you are having so many problems and report it. Otherwise they will never get fixed and you'll see them the next version you play. I would guess it has to do with certain computer specs that the developer isn't aware of. As for a gallery mod, people use it at their own risk.

Last edited:

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
You are the first to report this problem in this thread. You're only at 55.9%, the place where new content starts - you shouldn't have access to Tiffany's room yet, that doesn't happen until later.
  • What version (a) or (b) are you playing?
  • If version (b), did you play version (a) at all before using version (b)?
  • I see you used the save and cheat codes that the developer provided. Did you use any other save editors or unlockers?
  • What are your system specs: OS, CPU, RAM, Graphics Card and are your OS and drivers up to date?
Four questions, looking for four sets of answers.
how about better programming by dev,over 4 years now on this game - i played for hours only to hit bugs-used gallery mod which killed the immersion yes my fault but coding was not,as for specs i7 8700k,32gb ddr 4 corsair rgb ram,1080ti.asus maximus formula mb running win 10,i quote this to give you a reply :)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
how about better programming by dev,over 4 years now on this game - i played for hours only to hit bugs-used gallery mod which killed the immersion yes my fault but coding was not,as for specs i7 8700k,32gb ddr 4 corsair rgb ram,1080ti.asus maximus formula mb running win 10,i quote this to give you a reply :)
Thanks for the reply. I recommend going to the developer's discord and reporting the issues you found, because nothing can be "better programmed" if they aren't aware of the problems you are having. If it works for their computers during their internal bug testing, and the bug testing done by their $20 subscribers... then to them it works until someone tells them it isn't working.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I got stuck in the bathroom during the nightmare sequence at the school and cant rollback. What can I do?
The only nightmare sequence is nearer the beginning of the full game. You go to bed, have the nightmare, and wake up -- you can't go anywhere.

If you mean the "Where's that noise coming from?" near the end of the game -- How? Again, you go in the front doors of the school and then when the scene's over you end up in front of the school. That should have been the last task you completed to get 100% and went home (or nearly the last task).

Either way, you will need to load a previous save you made in order to continue.

If you mean something completely different - please post a screenshot showing your task list and percentage of events completed.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Please tell me there will be more Danny content in the next update...
Good question, you could join the developer's discord to keep abreast. The next update's focus is to start the development of the completely separate NTR (Netorare) storyline route. See #12 and #13 here #25,511.

SeedSpreaderEnt

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
The only nightmare sequence is nearer the beginning of the full game. You go to bed, have the nightmare, and wake up -- you can't go anywhere.

If you mean the "Where's that noise coming from?" near the end of the game -- How? Again, you go in the front doors of the school and then when the scene's over you end up in front of the school. That should have been the last task you completed to get 100% and went home (or nearly the last task).

Either way, you will need to load a previous save you made in order to continue.

If you mean something completely different - please post a screenshot showing your task list and percentage of events completed.
I am not that far into the game. Unsure what happened. I went to sleep then woke up in the school and clicked on the bathroom. here is my current list of tasks

SeedSpreaderEnt

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022

Looks like someone on the discord server had a similar issue. I guess it is the knife girl scene

Also, I didnt save. Is there an autosave I can access of a save code?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I am not that far into the game. Unsure what happened. I went to sleep then woke up in the school and clicked on the bathroom. here is my current list of tasks
You said you got there during the nightmare sequence, now you are saying something different. Either way, whatever happened in your gameplay should not have happened. I notice you aren't using either the save code (to start at new content) or the cheat code (to get max cash, skills and ability to skip minigames).

You can try this: Save to a new save slot. Exit the game. Restart the game. Load the save. Are you able to leave the bathroom? If not ...

Did you use any save editor or gallery unlocker? You do so at risk of fouling up your game and/or your computer.
Are you playing v0.89.8 (a) or (b)? If (a), download and play (b). Did that fix it?

I see the map grayed out that usually means you are in the middle of a quest. What quest were you last working on before you went home to bed?

If we can't figure out the fix, you will need to go to a previous save and start from there. Know that there are 162 save slots available. You should be able to save every night before bed or every morning after getting up in a new save slot and not run out. This also gives you the ability to step back through any problem you might run into without losing much progress. Remember, this is a game that is in development and each user's experience may find new problems.
Looks like someone on the discord server had a similar issue. I guess it is the knife girl scene

Also, I didnt save. Is there an autosave I can access of a save code?
Thanks for checking on discord. No autosaves. See my final paragraph above.

SeedSpreaderEnt

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2022
You said you got there during the nightmare sequence, now you are saying something different. Either way, whatever happened in your gameplay should not have happened. I notice you aren't using either the save code (to start at new content) or the cheat code (to get max cash, skills and ability to skip minigames).

You can try this: Save to a new save slot. Exit the game. Restart the game. Load the save. Are you able to leave the bathroom? If not ...

Did you use any save editor or gallery unlocker? You do so at risk of fouling up your game and/or your computer.
Are you playing v0.89.8 (a) or (b)? If (a), download and play (b). Did that fix it?

I see the map grayed out that usually means you are in the middle of a quest. What quest were you last working on before you went home to bed?

If we can't figure out the fix, you will need to go to a previous save and start from there. Know that there are 162 save slots available. You should be able to save every night before bed or every morning after getting up in a new save slot and not run out. This also gives you the ability to step back through any problem you might run into without losing much progress. Remember, this is a game that is in development and each user's experience may find new problems.

Thanks for checking on discord. No autosaves. See my final paragraph above.
No, none of those worked. I am using 89.8b and I am not using the gallery or save editor.

Looks like I will start over

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes