3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Sampi

Dec 22, 2022
i liked the game so far, until i reached to the castle gates and it says that i dont have the letter on my bag, but when i checked the OH SURPRISE, IS THERE. is that meant to happen or something? or did i left something out? i just want to progress in the game because i really like it but that is the far as i can go (im going to say now, that i have the lasted update, so i dont think is a error of a previous version)
Captura de pantalla (789).png Captura de pantalla (790).png Captura de pantalla (791).png
here some proofs that im not crazy lol

andypandy00

Aug 11, 2023
i liked the game so far, until i reached to the castle gates and it says that i dont have the letter on my bag, but when i checked the OH SURPRISE, IS THERE. is that meant to happen or something? or did i left something out? i just want to progress in the game because i really like it but that is the far as i can go (im going to say now, that i have the lasted update, so i dont think is a error of a previous version)
View attachment 2999005 View attachment 2999007 View attachment 2999009
Yeah, same thing happened with me first time playing, you're just soft locked because you can't progress unless you trigger dialogue from picking up the letter after this scene.
Actually remembering the letter breaks it, so just restart and use the skip function, should only take a couple minutes to get back to here without the letter.

Should definitely be patched, either adding new dialogue for this scene if you did remember, or making it so you can't pick up the letter early. Kind of a really big oversight to me, but game is still pretty early in dev, so it'll probably be fixed once the main sequences are done.

DeadPotato

Developer of Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice
Game Developer
May 8, 2018
View attachment 2999005 View attachment 2999007 View attachment 2999009
Yeah, same thing happened with me first time playing, you're just soft locked because you can't progress unless you trigger dialogue from picking up the letter after this scene.
Actually remembering the letter breaks it, so just restart and use the skip function, should only take a couple minutes to get back to here without the letter.

Should definitely be patched, either adding new dialogue for this scene if you did remember, or making it so you can't pick up the letter early. Kind of a really big oversight to me, but game is still pretty early in dev, so it'll probably be fixed once the main sequences are done.
Thanks for playing the game! It's definitely on the TO FIX list.
This bug is weird because it only happens SOMETIMES, and not ALL THE TIME. Rest assured I'm looking into this issue.

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Update News #43 - NPCs and New Scenes!

Hey! It's been a long while, everyone's been busy doing their own thing, but we're still working on the game, whenever we can, don't worry too much! I haven't been able to show off progress because a lot of things are too early or too rough to be shown, but here's some of the things being added to the game (or coming soon!)

New Locations and Backgrounds
A brand new bathhouse location, it's still barebones at the moment, and I'm not fully sure if it'll be ready in the next update, but the background assets are complete! I'll talk more about it in another post if I feel like it's ready to be included in an update.

NPCs added to Maps!
The streets are not barren and empty anymore! Coming to the next update are new minor NPCs, residents of the city, travelers, merchants and the like! You'll be able to talk to them, and some of them might have something interesting, like special dialogue or events, even questlines! I'm currently working on a scheduling system for them.

Minigames!
A collectible card trading game that you're able to play in the tavern! This is already complete ever since version 3.0, I'm not sure when to release this one, maybe I should add some rewards to it, so there's actually a point to playing the minigame...

But yea that's all for now. I'll be posting some more sketches and more rough WIP stuff in a supporters only devlog soon (in a few days), so look forward to those! I can probably show off a rough sketch of a H scene we're working on.

- DeadPotato, Overclock Studios

update post 43 1.jpg update post 43 2.jpg update post 43 3.jpg update post 43 4.jpg

Varisha

Boomer
Donor
Jun 6, 2017
chapter 2, I go in bazar, no notebook to buy and there isnt a library to get books

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
chapter 2, I go in bazar, no notebook to buy and there isnt a library to get books
That's all the content for now in version 5. Thanks for playing tho!
The story content will continue in version 6 which is coming soon.

AGGA MOMENT

Mar 15, 2019
So I found this game while going through latest updates and I was surprised to see that it's still in development cause it's been 3 years at least since it got updated. I'm not sure how that works exactly but I believe that you could open a ticket and maybe that way get your game at the top of latest updates so it's not buried under hundreds of threads anymore?

Reactions: bobberttt

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
So I found this game while going through latest updates and I was surprised to see that it's still in development cause it's been 3 years at least since it got updated. I'm not sure how that works exactly but I believe that you could open a ticket and maybe that way get your game at the top of latest updates so it's not buried under hundreds of threads anymore?
Hmmm maybe, I unno how this works.
Maybe once v6.0 is ready and out I'll see if I can do something bout it.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes