VN - Ren'Py - Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Obanama

Tainted Haritage is one of those game that truly deserves more attention. There are so many games on here that I really don't think deserve their popularity, meanwhile this gem just flies under the radar. The animation is great, the girls look amazing and the whole story experience is just fun, no bullshit rpg elements, just a fun story where Weird Shit happens.

I wish the dev the best of luck in the future and I hope to see more updates for this game soon!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

dddkingddd

i just played this for the first time yesterday and finished it in one sitting, needless to say i was heavily invested in the mystery of what's going on. its a shame this is only a side project, i feel like despite all the content there is so far, the story is only just beginning.
    i do have a few nitpicky gripes with it but they're mostly just a matter of preference (not a huge fan of tentacles tbh). also, i'd have expected our protag to have a more existential reaction to seeing his dead mother. i mean, he had more of a reaction to finding out the maid is his aunt, and no reaction at all to waking up to see his stuff on his sister's face (though if he freaked out, it would've just been awkward lol).
    either way, the main plot is an interesting concept, i love how the characters are written, certain choices still feel inconsequential (safe for a swift game over) but i do appreciate the variation nevertheless. i'm excited for what comes next. hoping we could eventually take laurie outside on a date, get her some new clothes, watch a movie, improve her bedroom or just get her one that isn't basically a janitor's closet. anyways, good shit good shit (y)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

packor

Version: 0.4
    I've not played a Recreation game before. I usually don't like to get into linear VN's, but I really enjoyed this one...

[Story]- Weird shit is definitely going on. I've legit yelled "omgh" and "wdf" multiple times through the story. It has mystery, a solid storyline, and a good amount of humorous moments. The intrigue and progression are well done. It feels like reading a novel. A FANTASTIC NOVEL. The story feels a bit short for v 0.4. It seems like it's only 1/20 of the story(or less) so far. Hope I'm right.

[Gameplay]- Linear storyline for the most part. The dialogue may or may not affect the future in later releases. I did not like one aspect of the hotel exploration, because you can miss scenes if you found the "correct" route before you went to the "extra" areas. I wouldn't get rid of it, but it probably could use some tweaking. I did not go back TOO much, so I'm not sure if you miss scenes with dialogue options, but it seems like you would. Some of the backgrounds look a little weird(dining room and hallway), but it may be intentional.

[Scenes]- It has some lighting issues sometimes, just like HS. The scenes are not the best, but I'd say they're pretty good. Some scenes consist of multiple scenes cut together or cut into, and doesn't transition smoothly, and doesn't look very good. All the girls look great. At v 0.4, the story isn't very far, and currently you only have 5 partners(out of 10 introduced).

[Sound]- There is no audio atm. Not a complaint, just a heads up.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 0.4 version
    PRO:
    - cg and animations ok
    - story presents (funny, unusual, crazy... too few games have some madness in story)
    NEUTRAL:
    - posibly future development ll require code/gameplay rework, cuz current code make hard to make harem things like in other "harem" games
    CONS:
    - code. yeah, it simple, it work, but use current code as base for future harem features development ll hard or/and make game bugged.

in current state game have not so much content(near 15-25%), but have good potential. few versions later i ll check that game for content and code. if u looking crazy/funny story- spare a hour for that game.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

slocal

Fun story with the potential for more.
    The craziness of how each storyline has piled on top of the previous leaves the MC spiraling out of control (not that he started with much). The overall effect is akin to what you'd expect from any time/dimension-travelling trope.
    Through 0.4 it's good, and I hope it continues on track (I will try to revisit the rating again).
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Sharingan33

I'll keep it simple: this is a game with one of the most complex plot i played (by far); probably only one other game come close to this, but by review rules i won't mention it. The renders are very good and detailed, i can't complain; the strong point of this game is of course originality, but since there are mentions about Sigmound Freud and psychology i really hope this is not game where the story was "all in his head" or "everything was only a dream", i would be really pissed off in that case (this trick is used often in films, you know what i'm talking about). For this reason i'll only give 4/5 stars, i hope i won't be disappointed by the developer.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

dean_athallah

I don't know why many of you guys like it. Maybe I'll try playing it again tommorow.

The story jumps from one point to another at a really fast pace making it very hard to understand the whole plot. Sadly, I played only until the intro, when mom collapse, then I stopped because there's too much stuff left unexplained, and my mind hurts a bit. The art is okay, but it is still HS, which is a little bit of a turn off.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Reann Shepard

Weird Shit is Going to Happen [v0.4]
    TL;DR: the story is basically what it says on the tin, things happen that are random and sometimes make absolutely no sense, but that’s part of it’s charm and the reader isn’t overburdened by information and is easy to follow whilst making one wonder where the story will go next

Gameplay - Minor & Quasi-Openworld
    There are some decisions that the player can engage with but these are either simply for flavour (not affecting relationships or game progression), provide some Q&A or are to decide between engaging in sexual activity. As a result the story is rather on-rails, but given how the story progresses adding any gameplay elements would just feel like pointless busy-work, so it still provides active engagement for the player whilst still getting the story across that the developer wants to tell.

Story - Haphazard but easy to follow
    The story starts out very bleak but considering how it develops, one could argue that it’s almost a side dressing as things get progressively layered. The random events that happen do actually have intersecting points, as the lore from the characters in this world (or worlds, unclear for now) seems to overlap, with certain races and social stratas are familiar to the denizens whilst being unfamiliar to the MC and his family. It’s an experience, and it could probably be best described as using a tabletop RPG rulebook on magical teleportation spells, and rolling the dice on both when and where the transportation occurs.

As the VN is still currently in its early versions, there’s still more of the story to be revealed, but if the developer continues with the slow layering of various story elements it shouldn’t be difficult to follow. It is, however, at risk of becoming oversaturated with characters so I can’t imagine that too many more characters will be introduced (and there’s a character that’s been there from the very beginning that is still a mystery).

Characters - Various & Diverse
    Currently the cast consists of 10 women and the MC (the grandmother has yet to be revealed so isn’t counted). Each character gets their own “introduction scene” but the reader isn’t overwhelmed with narrative exposition, with details being revealed during later encounters which makes them feel more organic and not simply peppered in for flavour or background noise (and allows for secrets to be revealed, which compels the reader to want to learn more).

The characters haven’t had much time to shine but practically none of the interactions are pointless busywork, either conversing or driving the plot forward in minor ways. Personally, I find the weakest character to be the sister as she seems to be somewhat stereotypical as a “doting, overinvested sibling”, however her behaviour is explained and one can’t expect every single character to be a homerun.

Lewdness - Fairly Common & Animated
    The VN almost starts off with a sex scene, however it feels more like a showcase of things to happen rather than how things are always going to be. The MC has a decent habit of managing to walk in on women masturbating without them realizing (or in one case oral sex), or is woken up after being molested in his sleep (whilst having a dirty dream, which may have caused the molesting or been influenced by it, unclear as of yet).

Most of the sex feels very casual, however it is never forced on either party and feels more like a recreational activity than for any other reason. The animations are very smooth (benefits of the Honey Select models) with increasing tempo in stages and most scenes have two angles to choose from (typically in the first person).

Artstyle - Honey Select Renders
    For a number of players, these models will seem quite familiar as it uses the Honey Select game models. Whilst there aren’t many variations in character models in terms of body types, every character looks and feels different, making it very easy to put names to faces. None of the characters have ridiculous body proportions (which I, personally, find distracting) and feel rather balanced, all things considered, with older characters having a certain amount of sag which is to be expected, showing that the developer paid a fair amount of attention to detail in this regard.

The main menu animation could do with a bit of a tweak though…

Sound - N/A
    The VN uses no audio of any kind, so whilst your eardrums won’t be blown out, you may want to find your own suitable background music for your reading experience.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

indoq

This is one of the best games I've played from F95. The story is interesting, the characters are interesting. It's a well written story, well, it keeps me interested anyway. A story so weird, interesting and strange, that it would be a good story for a publisher, a story well enough written to work in a game without +18 content.

Oh, and I've been laughing a lot as well, don't know if the humor is intended or if I have a sick sense of humor.. Any way, the game is on my watchlist and I think it's worth checking out.

Don't let the 0.3 scare you, it has a lot of content. Or should I say, "Weird shit".
  10. 5.00 star(s)

DiTo

Version 0.3

This is a unique game. A very unconventional approach to how the story develops in this game. The concept, the characters, and the writing are all great. The story itself so far is a bit hard to comment on since there are currently more questions than answers to what the story actually is due to the unique approach to how the story develops, but it looks very promising. I am definitely looking forward to seeing future updates.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

John64

This shit is pretty good. When it appeared I didn't play it, because didn't like some of the models and... some badly rendered monster crap on some of the screens. But after some reviews and comments decided to try it - well, the dude definitely knows who to write a VN! It's really interesting. Both in terms of dialogues and the plot in general. And though I would definitely change some of the models (especially all "the little ones", I prefer taller - maybe MC can cast "a spell" on them to make them grow a bit? :)), but it surely worth a try.

PS. And I would advice to change some of the screens in the description (monster stuff). Because that was one of the reasons I decided not to try it at first... :)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Valronn

Ok i have never played a game with crazy story like this, loving it so far and iv got more of this version to play, i usually play these games with the aim to fap at some point but i cant stop playing for the story, so many suprises and crazy twists i cant wait for more. The renders and animations are top quality and the characters are interesting and do look great.

I wont mark it down for no sound as im not sure if its just my version that has none but this game is more enjoyable then alot of over rated games on this site. You wont want to skip text on this one!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

clairdelune

I really liked the history and the renders, this is the first EVER game that almost makes my brain explode xD this is REALLY a weird shit lmao, but I loved it<3.
    Already waiting for the next update!

Great work dev!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

erg1986

The plot is great, the girls are cute. The writing is actually good, I did not feel the need to skip any line. Everyone has a unique character traits, interesting backstory, the main plot is a mystery but it is interesting so far. And graphics are also good.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

BoltonGuy35

Wow I new this was going to be different to BM and was prepared for a gripping story and wasn't expecting much when it come to renders and animations. Yes the graphics and animations are not on par with BM but I was really shocked at how great they were and loved them.

Anyway it's unfair to be comparing and this game as it deserves it own credits by its own rights and the story definitely lives up to the title lol...
    I was left wanting more and needing to know more about the mystery that is happening to the family. This is only a side project? But would be great enough as a full time project and I can't wait to see how the story unravels in the coming updates.
    Love this devs work and it's not about the lewd content for me it's more about the story that is gripping and leaving me wanting more, But the lewd content is also a nice bonus wink wink :)
    Anyway to sum up (as I could ramble on all day) I would highly recommend this game especially if you like reading a story that has a bit of mystery behind it, You won't be disappointed.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

tonny

I like the story very much, even tho it's hard to figure out, but the title fits perfect to the story and Im all in for some weird shit :D There is some monsters in there to, which I love :)

I really like the girls too, one for each taste and it got pretty nice animations and some very hot scenes :) I hope to see some more monsters tho :D
  17. 4.00 star(s)

wrarar

story: is good, but hard to follow.

draws (cg): really good.

gameplay: is ok.

scenes (erotic ones): hot.

characters: i already forget them.

conclussion: with that tittle, i was expecting that in my first 5 minutes in the game, a neko-loli start to shit in my chest, while singing (very slowly) "All I Want for Christmas Is You" from Mariah Carey. but that doesnt happen, is just pretty standar shit only...yeah, a complete dissapoint.

psdt: its needs some work on the story, specialy on the characters, but you can see a good path on this game.
  18. T
    4.00 star(s)

Thialf

My thoughts on v0.1.1, 4K version:

Again a solid game from @recreation!

The story is, once again, an excellent example of how to make incest fresh and interesting.
    In this case, there is a kind of "supernatural" angle, which is not explained but left to the player to find out.
    Intriguing and I am really curious to see where it is going!

Art, well, HS is generally not really my thing, but for a HS game it's pretty good.
    The game does have plenty of animations though, that makes up for it!
    The character designs are pretty good and diverse considering it's made in HS. Also the sex scenes are pretty hot so far.

Game performance, well, it didn't crash and I didn't notice any bugs. It is quite slow though, especially when using rollback. My computer is pretty decent and is generally able to handle any game, so a Renpy game shouldn't be a big problem.

Overall: 4/5

I detract half a star for use of HS (I get why you use it but still...) and half a star for (minor-ish for me) performance issues.
    The story could become good enough to warrant 5/5 despite this, but at 0.1.1 it's still a bit early to say. Probably I'll revise later.
    Definitely going to watch this one though!
  19. 2.00 star(s)

bsjfan69

Graphics are ok but the story is stupidly convoluted and the game is laggy as fuck and crashes constantly (hard to believe seeing it's a renpy game but it's true). Nothing of value here so far, maybe in a year or two when there's actual content and the dev fixes all the crashes and performance issues.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Welldough

Unfortunately I don't have much time to write a long review but I really want to leave my 5 stars here.
    There isn't that much content yet, but what is there looks amazing! Story looks interesting and different to most games here. And the graphics is great.
    A slightly lower-res version would be good though, as I'm having trouble getting smooth animations on my (not that old) laptop.