yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
Why is the suspicion raised when doing research and production at the lab depending on Katy's corruption?

Code:
"I knew I was taking a chance trying to do this while people were still around...
$ suspicion += 15 * ((100 - katy_corr)/100)
(several places is laboratory.rpy)
I'm thinking it should be dimi_corr, that would make more sense.

A few other things I noticed:
In house_events.rpy line 284 [Roommate] should be [Roommate1].
In house_events.rpy line 886 "to fast" should be "too fast".
In house_events.rpy line 890 "her face hands." should probably be "her face."
In house_events.rpy line 892 "as she cans" should be "as she can".
In katy.rpy line 2096 roommate should be [roommate]
In katy.rpy line 2025 landlady should be [landlady]
In katy.rpy line 2002 [roomie] should be [roomie1]
In katy.rpy line 2000 "did you found" should be "did you find"
In celia.rpy line 341 "in the lips" should be "on the lips"
In dimitria.rpy line 866 'scene black bg' should be 'scene bg black' (no background is shown).
In dimitria.rpy line 2365 the text is repeated twice.
In screens.rpy line 103 "Day Research points:" should be just "Research points:".

Last edited:
Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Why is the suspicion raised when doing research and production at the lab depending on Katy's corruption?

Code:
"I knew I was taking a chance trying to do this while people were still around...
$ suspicion += 15 * ((100 - katy_corr)/100)
(several places is laboratory.rpy)
I'm thinking it should be dimi_corr, that would make more sense.

A few other things I noticed:
In house_events.rpy line 284 [Roommate] should be [Roommate1].
In house_events.rpy line 886 "to fast" should be "too fast".
In house_events.rpy line 890 "her face hands." should probably be "her face."
In house_events.rpy line 892 "as she cans" should be "as she can".
In katy.rpy line 2096 roommate should be [roommate]
In katy.rpy line 2025 landlady should be [landlady]
In katy.rpy line 2002 [roomie] should be [roomie1]
In katy.rpy line 2000 "did you found" should be "did you find"
In celia.rpy line 341 "in the lips" should be "on the lips"
In dimitria.rpy line 866 'scene black bg' should be 'scene bg black' (no background is shown).
In dimitria.rpy line 2365 the text is repeated twice.
In screens.rpy line 103 "Day Research points:" should be just "Research points:".
yeah i probably did that by mistake

Emmdoz

Dec 27, 2019
Hey guys I’m probably just dumb, but I’m playing on android and on the intro screen where you’re supposed to type in your name, it doesn’t accept anything. Usually on other games that ask for a name, I can just type in whatever then just press the enter key, however in this particular instance, the keyboard just keeps popping back up and I can’t progress past this point. It’s possible that this Has been solved already, or it’s just a bug on my end, but like I said I’m probably dumb. Any help appreciated, thanks

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Hey guys I’m probably just dumb, but I’m playing on android and on the intro screen where you’re supposed to type in your name, it doesn’t accept anything. Usually on other games that ask for a name, I can just type in whatever then just press the enter key, however in this particular instance, the keyboard just keeps popping back up and I can’t progress past this point. It’s possible that this Has been solved already, or it’s just a bug on my end, but like I said I’m probably dumb. Any help appreciated, thanks
I think someone else mentioned this, but I dont have an android device to test it and I have not made any significant change to this in years so, idk really what it could be.

yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
I don't know if you are aware, but there is a problem with calculations in the game.
If you use integers the result will be an integer in RenPy (Python 2.x), this is problematic for divisions.

Example from the game:
Code:
$ used_supplies += 10
$ suspicion += used_supplies * ((160 - corr_police)/100)
With used_supplies = 10 and corr_police = 0 this will be:
10 * 160/100 = 10

To avoid this you can force one of the numbers into a float, say you use 160.0 instead of 160, then it will be:
10 * 160.0/100 = 16.0

The example calculation will always result in 10 until corr_police is over 60, then it will always result in 0, probably not what was intended.

Another example:
Code:
#"You sleep pacefully. Freedom and suspicion has changed."
$ suspicion -= (12 - (10 * ((100 - corr_news)/100)))
This will either result in -2 if corr_news == 0 , or in -12 if corr_news > 0.

EDIT:

This is how I would do it to make it work:
Code:
$ suspicion -= int(12 - (10 * ((100 - corr_news)/100.0)))

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterL

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I don't know if you are aware, but there is a problem with calculations in the game.
If you use integers the result will be an integer in RenPy (Python 2.x), this is problematic for divisions.

Example from the game:
Code:
$ used_supplies += 10
$ suspicion += used_supplies * ((160 - corr_police)/100)
With used_supplies = 10 and corr_police = 0 this will be:
10 * 160/100 = 10

To avoid this you can force one of the numbers into a float, say you use 160.0 instead of 160, then it will be:
10 * 160.0/100 = 16.0

The example calculation will always result in 10 until corr_police is over 60, then it will always result in 0, probably not what was intended.

Another example:
Code:
#"You sleep pacefully. Freedom and suspicion has changed."
$ suspicion -= (12 - (10 * ((100 - corr_news)/100)))
This will either result in -2 if corr_news == 0 , or in -12 if corr_news > 0.

EDIT:

This is how I would do it to make it work:
Code:
$ suspicion -= int(12 - (10 * ((100 - corr_news)/100.0)))
wasn't aware of this, will definitely look into it and fix it tho its a lot of stuff.

I wanted to go over all of the management after the next update, so I will probably revisit the math too

Reactions: yoda123

yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
wasn't aware of this, will definitely look into it and fix it tho its a lot of stuff.

I wanted to go over all of the management after the next update, so I will probably revisit the math too
Nice, I just went ahead and fixed it everywhere in my files to see the effect, didn't take all that long (love how you've structured the files btw). It makes the game a bit more challenging and fun when those calculations work, the players are getting way too little suspicion as it is now.

This will be a great game when done and polished, keep up the good work (y)

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev
Jul 22, 2017
so you already finished Ljijana's and Jovanka's story? There is a few more things after that, but if you can be more precise i can check it out, altho im about to go to sleep

you did not cheated right?
Only cheat I ever used was materials BUT that was at the start of the game & yes I finished both of there stories and it even states that they are a part of the group I guess you could say. But there names are no longer in the HQ. It stated that there was a news anchor person going to be next but there's nothing in HQ saying anything nor a building to click that has me do it.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Only cheat I ever used was materials BUT that was at the start of the game & yes I finished both of there stories and it even states that they are a part of the group I guess you could say. But there names are no longer in the HQ. It stated that there was a news anchor person going to be next but there's nothing in HQ saying anything nor a building to click that has me do it.
okay if it says something about the anchor you need to check the tv station, you can find it in down town then mid town

Jul 22, 2017
okay if it says something about the anchor you need to check the tv station, you can find it in down town then mid town
When I click on Down Town it only gives me Office Buildings, Library, The Club, To the Chemical Plant, Church, To the Police Station.
I have also clicked on everything else on the map and gives me nothing.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
When I click on Down Town it only gives me Office Buildings, Library, The Club, To the Chemical Plant, Church, To the Police Station.
I have also clicked on everything else on the map and gives me nothing.
uhmmm okay, maybe is a bug, i will need to check

Don't you have a choice to visit "mid town" inside of the down town menu?

Hans98

Aug 3, 2018
Is there a love path for Vera? I achieved a Trust of more than 1000. Does the Scene with Dimitria Change or is there a new Scene if i raise the trust further more?

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes