matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Guys please can somebody share full save please my svaes become all broken and start from begining its like hell

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
MaraTDuoDev I found a bug when I am having sex with Emma and Vera in the park during the FOLK INC takedown mission.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/folk/corruption/sc17/vera/10i.png'>:
  File "game/folk arc.rpy", line 2347, in script
    show expression "locations/folk/corruption/sc17/vera/10i.png" with disf
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/folk/corruption/sc17/vera/10i.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/folk arc.rpy", line 2347, in script
    show expression "locations/folk/corruption/sc17/vera/10i.png" with disf
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1356, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1481, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2227, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "E:\0 9 TO PLAY LATER\Take Over\TakeOver-0.38-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/folk/corruption/sc17/vera/10i.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200-SP0
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Take Over 0.38
Tue May 25 22:36:07 2021

May 3, 2017
Here is a quick and dirty incest patch for 0.38

I only modified the names file and did a quick search for 'landlady' and 'roommate' in the rpy files.
Found 2 files that accidentally didn't use the variables. So fixed that.
Let me know if this causes any errors.
I have not done a thorough testing but it 'should' work.

Edit : Fixed a bug. oops.
in Katy files all roomie must be change roommate. because the mc adress his sister as brother.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Guys please can somebody share full save please my svaes become all broken and start from begining its like hell

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Incest patch that works for every version of the game, if you load an old save, just go to your house, select 'Misc. Choices', select 'Browse Internet' and select 'Update names' to apply, for new games, it's applied automatically.

Installation: replace existing names.rpy in the 'game' directory.
Tristim I'd like to thank you for quietly getting on and producing a simple and universal solution...

Thank you! :)

7767 - please consider adding this to your main post (y)

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
Tristim I'd like to thank you for quietly getting on and producing a simple and universal solution...

Thank you! :)

7767 - please consider adding this to your main post (y)
…To be fair, while replacing that file should indeed do the trick for the general purpose, the reason why this approach wasn't taken by others is that it doesn't properly cover the entire game. In particular in case of pk2000's patch (and likely others as well), most of the changes are due to the fact that people normally do not call their own mothers by name (which is something that happens extensively in the game scripts if you only replace names.rpy).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
…To be fair, while replacing that file should indeed do the trick for the general purpose, the reason why this approach wasn't taken by others is that it doesn't properly cover the entire game. In particular in case of pk2000's patch (and likely others as well), most of the changes are due to the fact that people normally do not call their own mothers by name (which is something that happens extensively in the game scripts if you only replace names.rpy).
Actually, it isn't that uncommon to call your family by name rather than by relation here. Even with parents. I personally don't, but I know quite a few who do.

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
Actually, it isn't that uncommon to call your family by name rather than by relation here. Even with parents. I personally don't, but I know quite a few who do.
I dunno where's the “here” you're talking of, but I'm positive it's not a widespread thing. (If you're not actually pulling my leg, as I've never seen anyone actually doing so neither IRL nor in fiction. Specifically in case of one's own parents, it's a bizarre thing to just call them by name in pretty much any culture I'm in any way familiar with… the only exception being “There's no way I'm gonna call this woman my mother!” kind of situation.)

Reactions: Jstain

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I dunno where's the “here” you're talking of, but I'm positive it's not a widespread thing. (If you're not actually pulling my leg, as I've never seen anyone actually doing so neither IRL nor in fiction. Specifically in case of one's own parents, it's a bizarre thing to just call them by name in pretty much any culture I'm in any way familiar with… the only exception being “There's no way I'm gonna call this woman my mother!” kind of situation.)
No, no "estranged parent-kid" situations but normal relationships. "Here" is the more northern part of Germany, and it certainly is a more recent thing and not necessarily the majority, but as I said not uncommon either. But yeah, a big shift from my parents who still used honorifics with their parents in their youth. Blame the generation of 68 or whatever. Maybe it's an effect of there being others present and every other reference is on a first name basis so to fit in, I don't know.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Ignorance is a bliss came to my mind. If I recall it correct, then it was common here to used the name of the person instead of mom and dad here around half a century ago.
Can't speak for all of my countries folks, but I tend to believe some of them would stick to this. As for Cartageno, I know he is not that far away from myself, so I think we have a few things in common.

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I do it all of the time, with all of my older relatives, and specifically my parents. I haven't been a child in a long time. I don't act like a child around them.

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
I do it all of the time, with all of my older relatives, and specifically my parents. I haven't been a child in a long time. I don't act like a child around them.
…What does not talking in a weird way have to do with “acting like a child”? 0_o

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
…What does not talking in a weird way have to do with “acting like a child”? 0_o
I would say neither is calling your parents "mom and dad" acting like a child, nor is calling them by their names "weird" as such. It may be in some places and cultures, in others it's not.

Reactions: c3p0
3.70 star(s) 81 Votes