Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
What a bizarre perspective. Why should a creator not strive to make a living producing adult games vs. any other form of employment? There are clearly many games out there that are financially successful.

"Game like this"? What does that refer to? Take Over, specifically, or all adult games? I'm not the creator, who seems a cheerful and balanced-worldview sort, so I won't speak for him. Personally, though, I find your comments either uninformed or insulting.

I think this game has great promise, though still rough. I don't know his particular living expenses and it varies from creator to creator, but games take time to build critical mass. That's actually good, because the creators then have time to refine their product and make it more professional.

Suggesting someone "go back to their day job" is a bit crude and premature.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Games like this should be side projects only , ones that you do in your sparetime only. It should be fun and getting a small pocket change as result is the goal I would go for.

But then again. I never worked on a game project. I still think if you get 300-500 dollar a month.. it is more then enough to pay for the game assets and the time you put it in.
Should this and should that - don't project your opinions on other people. There's plenty of people out there that spend their time doing things with a lot less prospect for making a living on than creating adult games.

There's many people on patreon that makes a living making adult games. Once you hit about 2k/month you should be fine if it's a solo person project.

And if you like these games, why would you want a developer to spend a couple of hour of their free time on it, instead of working fulltime on it?

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

stronkie

Jan 29, 2018
It is just an opinion. I do not mind people investing time in making great games. I am more then happy to play and support them anyways

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
For the poll I think it's a shake that making Emma "significantly bigger" reduces her size... I'm happy with her currently but if you have an option for bigger it doesn't make sense to get smaller.
I'd also like to see a "bigger" for the others where they are perhaps half way to Emma, not just a minor difference as in alternative 2 now.

That said, great game and great work!
Well transformations are optional, the image examples of Emma weren't related to this poll, just examples of how you could change her in the future. This wont be available soon tho (Emma's TFs), so there is time for think about it.

Hm , please correct me if I am wrong. If you are making a game like this for getting to live for a day by day basis... I would really hope you do have an daytime job that covers those bills.. I think game making like this. Esp in the state most games are in (nothing but amateur quality (do not get me wrong , they are still great)). But I think you should reconsider and go back to a normal dayjob.

Games like this should be side projects only , ones that you do in your sparetime only. It should be fun and getting a small pocket change as result is the goal I would go for.

But then again. I never worked on a game project. I still think if you get 300-500 dollar a month.. it is more then enough to pay for the game assets and the time you put it in.
So you suggest me to just quitting the game? :p Well thats not encouraging.

A lot of people live by doing games, I am not sure why it should be a side project only. I already have another game that's doing over $800, so I have no doubt thats possible with this game too (and for that matter I think this game may even have more potential, really).

I dont find these comments insulting but I find them odd. I realize that my games arent amazing, and I am not a super profesional as others may be (although of course I want to keep improving and getting better, not to just produce mediocre games), but I am not aiming to be the next Fenoxo earning over $30k either haha. Considering how many patreons are doing great (aka over $3k), aiming to earn half of that isn't too much IMO, but if I go back and take a dayjob I will definitely never earn that amount by doing my game, because with 4-5 days a month I really cant make any meaningful update in months.

AsTr

Nov 29, 2017
IM IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME ESPECIALLY CAUSE DIMITRI LOOKS LIKE PAZ FROM MGS... hope they continue adding more scenes

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Hm , please correct me if I am wrong. If you are making a game like this for getting to live for a day by day basis... I would really hope you do have an daytime job that covers those bills.. I think game making like this. Esp in the state most games are in (nothing but amateur quality (do not get me wrong , they are still great)). But I think you should reconsider and go back to a normal dayjob.

Let me give you a bit of a different perspective. Making games like this is not much different than creating content for Youtube, (still "amature" as you put it, compared to TV level production), But still something many people do for extra income & some for a full time career. Patreon's role is similar there especially with how meager Youtube's monetization, (or demonetization I should say), is these days. Personally I wouldn't rely on making these kinds of games for full time sustainable income either, just as I wouldn't rely on youtube ad revenue. That isn't the point though. The point is they, as the content creators, are the ones whom decide what their monetary goals are. If they produce consistent content & that is of high enough quality to please their patrons, then the money they earn is rightfully earned & deserved regardless of whether it's $2 a month or $20,000 a month. They should only be called into question if they take funds from their Patrons but fail to produce content or communicate with their paying base. & even then, there is a lot to consider on the back end. I saw some idiot post a video recently ranting about how Phillip DeFranco is a millionaire & is suckering his viewers to pay him even more by setting up a Patreon. What the idiot failed to account for was the fact that DeFranco has an office lease to pay for, a staff of about 16 people with all employer related expenses, cost of equipment & supplies to produce his content, (you ever look at how much a tricaster costs?), & numerous other expenses, oh by the way did I mention Youtube adsense has all but dried up?

My point is, when I see people complaining that ANY content creator is being paid too much, it strikes me the same as that idiot ranting about DeFranco. We, as laypeople consumers, do not know the backend cost in time & actual funds to create their work, we don't have any moral authority to dictate to them what their monetary goals should be just like anyone else & if they would like to make a little income from the time & effort that they put into creating content for us to consume & enjoy, that is perfectly reasonable. So I personally think it's a bit shortsighted & callous to criticise them for making what you might feel is more than enough to simply create the game.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
It is just an opinion. I do not mind people investing time in making great games. I am more then happy to play and support them anyways
Understandable. Just in the future, please consider how that opinion may come across to others & make sure that you do the legwork to make sure your opinion has a legit basis. That can mean the difference between coming across as someone whom knows what they are talking about vs something that seems ignorant, uninformed & offensive.

RunMonkeyRun

Nov 13, 2017
Well transformations are optional, the image examples of Emma weren't related to this poll, just examples of how you could change her in the future. This wont be available soon tho (Emma's TFs), so there is time for think about it.
Thanks for the answer. Now that I look on my computer instead of my phone the images makes more sense. I misunderstood the poll as well as the pictures before. Thanks, again for a great game and keep up the good work!

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
the game is getting better and better from update to update really unbelievable good scenes it's fun to play the game AND what's good is that the old saves will not work as it happens more and more in games that can not use old saves anymore. Thank you for the really good game. I'm so glad to have the next update

Aug 16, 2017
This game is pretty dope bro am I missing something though or can you not do the body transformation thing if you already sent them before you unlocked it?

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
This game is pretty dope bro am I missing something though or can you not do the body transformation thing if you already sent them before you unlocked it?
yeah thats the case, you can cheat it to activate it _gene_ideal = True
It doesnt really has content beyond WIP sprites that I have for the proportions, today the poll is finishing tho so I'll work in the actual final models later!

Aug 16, 2017
Cool thanks, and I really like that the game is not a grind, but since you can corrupt some of the girls pretty fast you will miss out on a lot of scenes if you jump ahead, and some interactions are mutually exclusive I think such as the reactions from mom&sis for each others actions at dinner, like if you corrupt mom you won't see her shocked reactions if you later corrupt sister or vice versa. Maybe it would be cool to show the scenes gradually the first time they would trigger, so if you haven't ever seen one of the previous scenes yet in that save it could trigger so that you see that one first even if you would normally see a later scene in its place?

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Cool thanks, and I really like that the game is not a grind, but since you can corrupt some of the girls pretty fast you will miss out on a lot of scenes if you jump ahead, and some interactions are mutually exclusive I think such as the reactions from mom&sis for each others actions at dinner, like if you corrupt mom you won't see her shocked reactions if you later corrupt sister or vice versa. Maybe it would be cool to show the scenes gradually the first time they would trigger, so if you haven't ever seen one of the previous scenes yet in that save it could trigger so that you see that one first even if you would normally see a later scene in its place?
Well 0.2 and even 0.3 were significantly more grindy, which is why for balanced I'm giving significantly more resources than before.

I agree that you could truly just rush it, although to be fair there is nothing forcing the player to do so, a little bit of restrain to see the many scenes available would be good :p

What I can do tho is to have a document with a list of all the scenes so people can track what they have seen so far and what they havent.

Also yeah maybe I could had a control to do that but the problem there would be that if you rushed through the game it would be very weird and inconsistent, and long term it would be really out of place. It also would slow the game significantly for those who are starting a new save and want to skip through the content they already know.

Reactions: oshire

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I have found, with a little experimentation, you can access everything in the game. I think.

Several times, I believed I was at the end of content and, while aimlessly just building serum supply, I would choose something else and - voila - I would get more content.

So, yeah, perhaps a overview of sorts on available content would help.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I have found, with a little experimentation, you can access everything in the game. I think.

Several times, I believed I was at the end of content and, while aimlessly just building serum supply, I would choose something else and - voila - I would get more content.

So, yeah, perhaps a overview of sorts on available content would help.
I'll think I'll release a "guide" with 0.4, its probably a good idea.

It may not be super complete tho but I have everything well organized IMO so I dont think I'll miss many if anything, but yeah since the game isnt that linear it can be messy

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes