Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Spikes and skulls are a classic femme punk look. No I'm not remembering an embarrassing phase from high school why do you ask

But yeah, futas usually have that strong dom energy but that's not really the core of being boyish. How you present yourself makes a difference but more than that it's an attitude thing. More people have played the original Nier now so maybe you might get the reference when I say this but Urka comes off kind of like Kaine to me. She's not 'girly' but she presents herself with a feminine attitude and energy despite being gruff and violent and unrefined (some traits people might associate with boys). This is another point of reference that might go over some people's heads but with lesbians there are some butch ones, obviously, but if you're around them it's still clear that they're feminine even if they're not presenting in a typical girly way. Their attitude and the way they treat other people isn't anything like a boy or a man.

To be a tomboy you need an attitude that has some boyish qualities in there, not just a certain look. Honestly I think the closest is Trudy.
Oh, I know what a tomboy should be by "definition" (basic generic description) but it also changes by personal views, and culturally.
For example, I'm from Argentina. Goth-Punks never did a big impact here, so their "culture" is very scarce. I've met a couple gothies (very friendly cool cats actually -or at least I found them entertaining-) but punks (as the very stereotype, common in UK or USA, with spiked hair, piercings, tattoos and trashy attitude) never even seen one, we simply don't have a culture that "encourages/support" a punk attitude.
Same goes for feminine/masculine attitude. There are "normal" levels of them (more or less what you describe, or is generally "accepted"), but then we go to the full extremes in other cases (girls are really really "girly, and guys try to be the macho-est macho in the world).

I do agree with most of what you say and understand. I was just mentioning which ones looked tombotish for me.

Tho I don't have the slightlest idea of what Nier is, much less who is Kaine. I have zero manga/hentai culture :p

All you need is 4 magic since there isnt that many checks for it.
Magic 5 let's you control the golem without fight (and access all her content, which it's really useful to get "free" stuff, like the Ghost), as well as resist Alma (the Warlock) making all her options easy available too.
I think there's also a couple other checks that require high magic, so it's worth investing on magic at least ti'll 5.

Reactions: Twiton

bbrt456

May 11, 2020
This game runs in Java. It has a built-in RTE, but that is broken AFAIK. If you have Java installed on your system, you can run the jar directly. For me the 'official' Java of Oracle stopped working after I upgraded to Mojave, but after deleting everything Oracle related and installing a Zulu OpenJDK build of Java 8 (made by Azul) , the game ran just fine. I then used the RTE files of the Zulu OpenJDK to fix the built-in RTE. Mind you, I'm still on Mojave, so YMMV.
So I went with the suggested method of just running it with Java, installed JDK 1.8. However no when I try to run the java through java in commandline or just trying to open the .jar, it has a DesktopLauncher quit unexpectedly error.

I've tried searching this up but can't find a working fix. Have you ever encountered this error? and if so what was the fix?

• Thinking Face

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
After I defeated her the first time I got this bug as well. I thought it might've been a bug that happens since she's already been defeated. Her erection animation also seems to be missing
This bug happens half of the time when fighting boss, idk how they overlooked it, but anyway. It goes like this: if you bring her life to 0 first time, she then uses "demonic strength" spell to bring her hp and stamina back, and then you get to phase 2, which is essentially just phase 1 all over again (she doesn't even get her bleeding removed) . The thing is, she has to que and perform that spell as distinct action, and she has to be standing to do that. If she's lying you can beat her as much as you like, but she won't die staying at 0 hp. She then stands up and use the spell. BUT if she bleeds out to 0 hp at phase1 while you're grappling or sexing, or she's busy with trudy, she never queues that spell later on and fights with 0 hp forever. That's when you need to load and try again so that she can use the spell cleanly.

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
So I just beat final boss with level 1 thief (without start boosts), and it made me think that this game generally lacks challenge. I think few difficulty levels would be nice.

• Thinking Face

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Demon King (Queen?). I didn't get to that castle specifically, cause i just wanted to se how it will go, so i just cheated her encounter from the town, but argument is still valid.
"Can" you get to the castle? As far as I've seen, it's not implemented yet, at least in the free version.

• Hey there

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
How about a difficulty switch, harder means higher enemy HP and damage
Unfortunately that wouldn't be enough. It doesn't matter, how much dmg they deal if they can't connect a single blow because you evade/parry/block every dangerous attack. And it doesn't really matter how much HP they have, cause you literally wipe the floor with all of them, when they manage to get up back on feet you trip them again.
I think if they had higher stats, it would help a little, cause you won't be able to dodge and trip as effectively.

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
So what tactic did you use to defeat her with starting gear and no skills?
Never said anything about having no gear or skills, I had my starting 5 skills, and you can literally swipe all necessary gear from the shops right away, even those ridiculously expensive shield and armor that would take you billion years to grind if you'd have to buy them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
And now do that without cheating aka go there without warp...... this game is obviously balanced around you to move in map not to cheathing like teleporting to enemy to you or you to them, so you doing with cheating does not prove anything.

Reactions: zero1234

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
And now do that without cheating aka go there without warp...... this game is obviously balanced around you to move in map not to cheathing like teleporting to enemy to you or you to them, so you doing with cheating does not prove anything.
And i'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just sharing opinion that more difficulty options would be great. Speaking of doing whole run on lvl 1, I'm pretty sure it won't be hard for someone who played this game before and knows how to manage food and what checks come with what encounters. But the main point i wanted to share, that Demon King should be hardest fight in game, and it is, but you don't really need all that hero journey to defeat her, you can do that right away, which is kinda anticlimactic if you ask me.

Mar 10, 2021
Unfortunately that wouldn't be enough. It doesn't matter, how much dmg they deal if they can't connect a single blow because you evade/parry/block every dangerous attack. And it doesn't really matter how much HP they have, cause you literally wipe the floor with all of them, when they manage to get up back on feet you trip them again.
I think if they had higher stats, it would help a little, cause you won't be able to dodge and trip as effectively.
A difficulty switch should do that. The game isn't hard because people don't come to this forum to grind.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
So I went with the suggested method of just running it with Java, installed JDK 1.8. However no when I try to run the java through java in commandline or just trying to open the .jar, it has a DesktopLauncher quit unexpectedly error.

I've tried searching this up but can't find a working fix. Have you ever encountered this error? and if so what was the fix?
Did you install the Zulu OpenJDK from Azul, or the JDK from Oracle ? The first one works for me, the latter does not.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
but you don't really need all that hero journey to defeat her, you can do that right away, which is kinda anticlimactic if you ask me.
Hum, dude.
You made anticlimatic for yourself.

Buffed and rushed up to last battle, ignoring pretty much the whole game... dialogs, exploring/discovering, battling, questing, unlocking etc lol
It's like those people that deconstruct a Rubrik cube, and then re-construct it as fast as possible to see how fast they do by memory. Fun as a choice, but not really the "original" reason/idea of the game.

Healslut (another game. Highly recommendable -and the other game that features a dommy futa orc on par with Urka-) has a feature at game start, which lets you skip scene by scene to reach the point of the story you want. It's basically an option to avoid having to start from zero with an update or to try different specific paths without having to start over.
It wouldn't make sense now that I know the game, to pick the exact choices ti'll the end, and say "game too easy, needs to be harder"

A level 1 wizard, with gear he could choose, a battery of potions and scrolls, and knowing beforehand were it is, can effectively bring down a dragon in D&D in a couple rounds without even losing a HP.

ToA is meant to be played, as obvious it sounds.
You might not make it due a bad end, or a wrong choice, or because you exhaust your potions, or don't have enough stats, or you missed this thing that gives you that other thing. Too corrupted/defiled, or got the Tiara of Control, or too much of this or that red "skill" and you don't have even the option to fight.

The whole point of ToA is to be entertaining, both in game terms and in erotic content.
Not to use an optional cheat, to get exactly what you need to defeat the last boss, ignoring everything else *shrug*

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes