taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I like the Urka stuff okay an all. However I am very happy that they are enhancing my personal more liked characters like female/male Goblin's, the warlock, Centaur's and such.

Urka is okay, but not the end all be all for me.

I want or just hope they keep expanding the variable dialogue, and Image's for all the existing characters, and expanding the random battle dialogue, and pruning, and tweaking the interface. This is all good stuff for me the more variable in the Dialogue the less repetitive, and boring the game becomes to me.

Mostly just what they have been doing. Sure fast and more is great, but not quantity over quality.

I am just a leech anyway so I am happy with all of it, as it is a very unique nitch that they are filling with this one.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
You really do seem to like you want to finish the game, which is a sentiment that's rare from the developers. I know a lot of work has been done as I played year to year.

What I want to know is that, do people really prefer weekly updates instead of biweekly instead? As in has it ever been put to a vote?
I could poll people about it, but I know that I personally like (both as a creator and a fan) knowing that something is going to happen every week as a routine. As a creator, it helps me focus on a deadline and push myself to pick a few scenes among the larger number that I write each week and finish them (and also gives me some relaxation time the day after a weekly goes out), and as a fan, I have something to look forward to or expect each week. Sometimes I don't even notice that a creator has a weekly schedule (always streams a particular game on Friday, or always drops a new video on Monday) until I find myself naturally anticipating it.

I think most patrons that receive the weeklies also understand that the updates are weekly, and wouldn't mind troughs and crests, but it does lead to the occasional rando seeing a weekly changelog and confusing it for something else, or people assuming that the weekly represents the sum total of everything we did that week, and that we never have something on the back-burner, as was the case with the UI work, which we've been juggling along with the regular updates for months now.

Jul 21, 2018
I've always kept front-end work at an arm's distance personally, but I've got a fair amount of experience working with UI/UX people and managing front-end devs. Apparently someone's making an erotic game with React, now? What a world! (more power to 'em, though)

Urka and Alma will get their day in the sun (or moon, since we'll be doing time-based alternates of those screens; we already have the night-time camp and Silajam scenes, but don't have a framework for putting them in on the fly yet). We just ran out of time for the Camp UI timebox. We wanted to put Urka stretching while showing off hanging dong-bulge emerging from her tent, and Alma might be sticking her leg out through the portal (or sitting on it, haven't decided yet).

Once we're finished with this month's work, which is the culmination of many months (out-of-view) work... I'll be posting the Beta roadmap, closing out what's left of the Alpha roadmap. I figure I'll work on the Beta roadmap while also doing more personal playtesting, ironing out the rough edges and finding where in the old content we can fill out. I didn't want to do that before because Alis had no extra bandwidth while working on the UI and animation backlog, and I want to be able to just add artwork here and there where we could use it, too, while we're at it.

This is a bit of a personal want, since it's definitely one of my favorite encounters in the game, and not following the game's community I don't much know, but is the spider encounter one that will eventually get its own day in the sun? It feels really incomplete and ultra basic, having only I think 2 real scenes, and the whole thing just feels placeholder. One piece of art, etc. I assume she's not terribly popular, but I'm curious if anything is coming down the line eventually, not in the 'right now' sense.

Reactions: Fyo

teewee

Sep 21, 2017
We had considered that, but it can look a little cheap, even animated. It'd give it a bit of a Professor Layton/Danganronpa vibe, though.
pirates complaining about a game getting updates?
lol @ entitlement.

I'd say make it endless the updates are nice and it's better than doing something like others devs try to do,get bored, go try make something else and it turns out shit.

stick to whats good, if people continue paying then they like it, if forum trolls on a pirate forum complain...eh, well fuck their opinion.
they'd probably go complain to blizzard about WoW never being "finished" after 20 years development, but people choose to keep playing/paying for it.

Dec 7, 2017
pirates complaining about a game getting updates?
lol @ entitlement.

I'd say make it endless the updates are nice and it's better than doing something like others devs try to do,get bored, go try make something else and it turns out shit.

stick to whats good, if people continue paying then they like it, if forum trolls on a pirate forum complain...eh, well fuck their opinion.
they'd probably go complain to blizzard about WoW never being "finished" after 20 years development, but people choose to keep playing/paying for it.
I think a decent number of people here are patrons. I just come here to talk about stuff and lurk, mostly. In fact, using some of the stuff shared on here as "demos" is why I'm paying for a lot of the stuff I'm paying for. I liked it, so I decided to support it.

That's not the same for everything, of course... but it's certainly the case with this game and a couple with similar content.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
This is a bit of a personal want, since it's definitely one of my favorite encounters in the game, and not following the game's community I don't much know, but is the spider encounter one that will eventually get its own day in the sun? It feels really incomplete and ultra basic, having only I think 2 real scenes, and the whole thing just feels placeholder. One piece of art, etc. I assume she's not terribly popular, but I'm curious if anything is coming down the line eventually, not in the 'right now' sense.
Yeah, while we don't have new art planned for her, I do plan to expand her sometime soon to give her a repeatable encounter.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I think it would be neat that if you seduce the Quetzal rather instead of defeating her in battle to be able to return and warship her. Also with arachne - if you get egged and escape rather then beat her, would be neat if you could return and get egged again.

guleed yusuf

Mar 24, 2018
ok im confused. so im doing to quest for the were wolf hunt. i have beaten the warlok and got the diary and got trudy to sleep with the wereslut to get the fallice. i then go to the madam in the brothel and she gave me something to then find the origin ?? like we know the warlok is the one that created it and now im stuck since i tried again to get the sample with trudy and i got nothing from the madam it still says im close to finding the issue . please i need help

mygfishung

Aug 19, 2017
I absolutely want to finish this game and start working on a new one. Both Alis and I want to work on something that isn't fantasy again (that line on our page is outdated; since last year we've worked on just ToA). That's why we've been working on the UI, because we can't possibly ship a game with placeholder interfaces? Or did people think "green" was the final UI for the quest log? I have no idea what some people want from us - they say "oh, just finish the game", but that's what we're doing. People say "work on the existing content" and we've literally added one character in an entire year because we've been focused on adding more content for existing characters. If filling out the art and animations and adding scenes for new characters isn't "finishing" them, what is? The part where we ring a gong and say "Goblins are done forever" is never going to happen, even when we finish the game.

We laid out our plan in a post to finish the remaining character animations and finalize the UI (while still adding new art and scenes and features based on patron feedback), and that was a schedule we had planned out day by day all the way out to October since the beginning of this year. We got ahead of that schedule and pulled in animation work and UI work, and now we're looking to close out both of those pushes this month, two months early. With every character animated, UI work done, and more backgrounds, we're now going to shift focus to basically just sex artwork, sex animations, and the remaining characters we need to add to finish the game. We'll also be adding more interactions between characters and rounding out the content, and working on things like balance, polish, etc.

If we just wanted to keep working on the game forever, we wouldn't finish the UI, or give every character, even the unpopular ones, their own animation, because who is clamoring for that? All anybody wants is more content for their favorite character. The last thing I wanted to do was animate the remaining characters because every time we do people whine about it, but I ignored it because we want to finish the game. If all we wanted to do was please people and drag it out, there'd be an Urka update every week, and you'd be able to marry her five different ways.

We drop a weekly every week. We'd love to do more involved updates that take multiple weeks, but then people complain that a weekly doesn't have much content. There's no way to win.

And, for (hopefully) the last time, the version number is not a progress bar. There will be no version .4. If you're waiting for version .99, that's not gonna happen. Major version .3 will be the last major version before release, 1.0, and major version .3 drops at literally the beginning of next month, because we're hitting a major milestone. I'm honestly debating numbering it as version .9 instead, but I don't want to contribute to that particular misapprehension.
I like your plan and direction mentioned here and I agree that it is impossible to please everyone.

One thing that you didn't mention is the alternate "bad ending" classes and side-stories. I absolutely love the idea that your class changes based on the ending along with a side quest that you have to escape from (Example: Mouth fiend and centaur plains). I feel like this is a great area to expand and polish more that won't require too much additional time/effort. I'd love to see one of these for each bad ending and maybe even a few more with some new bad endings (cultist, marrying the innkeeper, back alley 100 dong etc).

I think responding in places like this is honestly more than most creators do so I have to respect that.

lmlAzazel

Mar 23, 2020
It's the 1st time I use the Java version. Is it possible to save the game progress in the Java version?

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I think it would be neat that if you seduce the Quetzal rather instead of defeating her in battle to be able to return and warship her. Also with arachne - if you get egged and escape rather then beat her, would be neat if you could return and get egged again.
Like the mermaid? Sounds good to me.

I think a decent number of people here are patrons. I just come here to talk about stuff and lurk, mostly. In fact, using some of the stuff shared on here as "demos" is why I'm paying for a lot of the stuff I'm paying for. I liked it, so I decided to support it.

That's not the same for everything, of course... but it's certainly the case with this game and a couple with similar content.
Same. I post here and frequent their Discord from time to time. Currently they are one of a few things I have $5 and above monthly support for... if I have issue with something Majalis does (yet to), I'll pull support like I did with Cloud Meadow and Maverik/Strive...

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
It's the 1st time I use the Java version. Is it possible to save the game progress in the Java version?
For me, I have to back out to main menu and save from the "load" menu there.

*Excuse my double post, but I like to help people.* (y)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
To be frank, they're all Java versions. The platform dependent files are a convenience – to not have you call java -jar TalesOfAndrogyny.jar to run the game (incidentally the same action that usually gets associated with double-clicking jars if your resident archiving software hasn't overzealously claimed that one for itself).

While most folks don't run into problems on saving the game, there are reported cases of it not working properly. Like Asia Argento's or this:
For me the game is just a java executable, I open it and I play the game, when I save it It nothing appears in the folder where the game is. :S
Hope it works our for you. Have fun!

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
To be frank, they're all Java versions. The platform dependent files are a convenience – to not have you call java -jar TalesOfAndrogyny.jar to run the game (incidentally the same action that usually gets associated with double-clicking jars if your resident archiving software hasn't overzealously claimed that one for itself).

While most folks don't run into problems on saving the game, there are reported cases of it not working properly. Like Asia Argento's or this:

Hope it works our for you. Have fun!
Thats actually how its always worked for me... always found that bizarre...

4.50 star(s) 144 Votes