• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
anyone know how to turn a java file into a not java file and run like a .exe file? i have searched the forum and other sites, been about 4 hours and i gib up, anyone know?
Just use the win 64 (or others system rars) and start with the exe. If it has a earlier version file swap the .jar in the folder for the newest one.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Just use the win 64 (or others system rars) and start with the exe. If it has a earlier version file swap the .jar in the folder for the newest one.
I don't understand ... could you explain it for the 432nd time?

Wait, let me grab some cookies and hot cocoa after stoking the fireplace. This is my favorite story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
yeh there is no .exe file that that rar
Screenshot 2022-03-22 185025.jpg
the exe file should be found in the folder unzipped from the (1)Win x64 zip file.
Then you take the jar (should you want to stay up to date with weekly builds) from (2)Java and swap it in place with the one in the folder you have already created from the zip file above.

The link to the installation instructions are in the Installation spoiler right above that download section.

Bøb69, if I made a mistake - let me know. I'm only here for the succulent images (and the popcorn for these threads).

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Reactions: Lebrix

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
ok, i normally delete the whole thing when a new version comes out and java just runs it, but java went gaywire on me and before i knew it all my extensions had gone weird

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
ok, i normally delete the whole thing when a new version comes out and java just runs it, but java went gaywire on me and before i knew it all my extensions had gone weird
Java for Tales of Androgyny is not needed as the folder has a standalone Java build. Since some updated last year an installed Java version is almost always breaking the game. Its easier to just keep the Win64 folder and always switch the .jars.

On a side note, I really wonder while we're helping so many people over here, how many actually found there answer while searching in this thread :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Lebrix

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
aight figured it all out, was a wild ride guys, but i found the cure to this entire java mess, it was hard and i had to guess and yolo it at the safety and risk of my computers health once again, (killed it last time and lost 2TBs of data)

you have to manually enter this 2 things in both of these boxes and make sure the paths have the JDK and JRE both just like that and up to date.
click New on both system and user side of the boxes and enter that in, you can copy paste the paths of your bin folder.

it now boots from the .JAR file.
this is the fix to everyones java problem here

• Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO and Bob69

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
Or you could just have used the folder, but what ever :ROFLMAO:
naa man im stumbern as hell, im the guy who climbs a mountain with flipflops because i said i did it that way last time
lol
but mostly im just glad my issue was something other people didn't know the fix for, woulda felt real dumb if someone already had a fix that took me over 4 hours to figure out

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
naa man im stumbern as hell, im the guy who climbs a mountain with flipflops because i said i did it that way last time
lol
but mostly im just glad my issue was something other people didn't know the fix for, woulda felt real dumb if someone already had a fix that took me over 4 hours to figure out
Well then you should feel dumb because the fix is literally as long as it takes to download the win64.rar + the most up to date java. So with a fast connection 2 min.... :LOL:

Reactions: Twiton and Pamphlet

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
Well then you should feel dumb because the fix is literally as long as it takes to download the win64.rar + the most up to date java. So with a fast connection 2 min.... :LOL:
but now i can use other .JAR files that do not have a .exe files and use java once more muhahahahhaha

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Java for Tales of Androgyny is not needed as the folder has a standalone Java build. Since some updated last year an installed Java version is almost always breaking the game. Its easier to just keep the Win64 folder and always switch the .jars.

On a side note, I really wonder while we're helping so many people over here, how many actually found there answer while searching in this thread :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I have java because of laziness, but using the standalone is the way to go.
aight figured it all out, was a wild ride guys, but i found the cure to this entire java mess, it was hard and i had to guess and yolo it at the safety and risk of my computers health once again, (killed it last time and lost 2TBs of data)

you have to manually enter this 2 things in both of these boxes and make sure the paths have the JDK and JRE both just like that and up to date.
click New on both system and user side of the boxes and enter that in, you can copy paste the paths of your bin folder.

it now boots from the .JAR file.
this is the fix to everyones java problem here
I assume reading was last on your list of steps because op tells you the answer, and at least two people here gave you an answer.
Yeah you could that with the folder too, by just swapping out the .jar files in that folder :FacePalm:
Off the subject, your pic is Incase, but which picture in particular is it? I keep imagining this sexy gobbo sitting in her room providing tech support.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes