Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
aight figured it all out, was a wild ride guys, but i found the cure to this entire java mess, it was hard and i had to guess and yolo it at the safety and risk of my computers health once again, (killed it last time and lost 2TBs of data)

you have to manually enter this 2 things in both of these boxes and make sure the paths have the JDK and JRE both just like that and up to date.
click New on both system and user side of the boxes and enter that in, you can copy paste the paths of your bin folder.

it now boots from the .JAR file.
this is the fix to everyones java problem here
Absolutely not!

Seriously, if you cant read the OP and run the game with the appropriate bundled JRE you have absolutely no business installing a systemwide JRE, let alone a JDK. You're just asking for trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob69

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
aight figured it all out, was a wild ride guys, but i found the cure to this entire java mess, it was hard and i had to guess and yolo it at the safety and risk of my computers health once again, (killed it last time and lost 2TBs of data)

you have to manually enter this 2 things in both of these boxes and make sure the paths have the JDK and JRE both just like that and up to date.
click New on both system and user side of the boxes and enter that in, you can copy paste the paths of your bin folder.

it now boots from the .JAR file.
this is the fix to everyones java problem here
All I did was reinstall the JDK, which for some reason went missing at some point and I didn't even realize it. Thanks a lot Microsoft Updates for fucking things up.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
All I did was reinstall the JDK, which for some reason went missing at some point and I didn't even realize it. Thanks a lot Microsoft Updates for fucking things up.
It's not a problem with Microsoft.

Just use a link on the OP to download the zipfile of the Win x64 game, unzip, click the EXE in the main folder, and play. Enjoy.

If you want the weekly updates after that, instead of waiting for a major update - download the JAR from the Java link on the OP and place the new JAR in for the old JAR within that folder created from the zipilfe file of the Win x64. (edit, per Bøb69: make sure you name the .jar file "TalesofAndrogyny.jar")

It's simple. It's quick. It's nearly error-free.

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019

Just use a link on the OP to download the zipfile of the Win x64 game, unzip, click the EXE in the main folder, and play. Enjoy.

If you want the weekly updates after that, instead of waiting for a major update - download the JAR from the Java link on the OP and place the new JAR in for the old JAR within that folder created from the zipilfe file of the Win x64.

To add to that, the .jar file has to be named "TalesofAndrogyny.jar". The uploader always rename them to include the version number, but that will make the Java build not find the .jar.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017

If you want the weekly updates after that, instead of waiting for a major update - download the JAR from the Java link on the OP and place the new JAR in for the old JAR within that folder created from the zipilfe file of the Win x64. (edit, per Bøb69: make sure you name the .jar file "TalesofAndrogyny.jar")

You missed the point, I was saying that BECAUSE of Microsoft's update Java was not working for me so I had to reinstall the JDK just to be able to play the game since that error kept popping up.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You missed the point, I was saying that BECAUSE of Microsoft's update Java was not working for me so I had to reinstall the JDK just to be able to play the game since that error kept popping up.
Your initial post was replying to a person who refused to use the WIN version of this game, strictly wanted to play only through a java environment. You can see how there might be confusion when reading your post - since your post implied you attempted the same?

That said, I'm glad you got it working, then.

Thankfully, I do not need any to install java on my Windows 10 computer because the windows version works within the game-included Eclipse IDE.

YMMV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

123.jpg

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
No problem, but the OP should make links to the posts that found fixes or consolidate them in a Troubleshooting spoiler help others who might have similar issues down the line.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
My man, you need worse taste in games if you don't want such gold. Try games without said tags if you wish to unculture yourself. Or just keep fapping to beautiful ladies packing some heat.
To add to that, the .jar file has to be named "TalesofAndrogyny.jar". The uploader always rename them to include the version number, but that will make the Java build not find the .jar.
I never have this issue. It is always the same name as the .jar before it.

• Thinking Face
  • Haha
Reactions: Bob69 and Pamphlet

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
My man, you need worse taste in games if you don't want such gold. Try games without said tags if you wish to unculture yourself. Or just keep fapping to beautiful ladies packing some heat.

I never have this issue. It is always the same name as the .jar before it.
Well thats because you download my links and sometime the OP also uses my links. But rn for example if you download Java from the frontpage there is the version number in the name.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
No problem, but the OP should make links to the posts that found fixes or consolidate them in a Troubleshooting spoiler help others who might have similar issues down the line.
Just stay a while in this forum and you'll see that people are not willing to read the OP, ever.

That's why we're constantly telling people to read it.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Just stay a while in this forum and you'll see that people are not willing to read the OP, ever.

That's why we're constantly telling people to read it.
Yeah and that is a losing battle. There is always someone else asking the same things every week. :ROFLMAO:

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes