negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
I really, really love the artwork, I'm just hoping there's a gallery with text for the scenes and not just the sprite/cg collection.
Enable the cheats from options and you get the encounter menu, that's the closest thing for scene gallery we'll get unless Majalis (the dev) decides to expand the gallery menu with the scenes too.

k2ren

Jun 13, 2023
is there any way that mage is not complete ass? you always miss turns due to incantations, and enemies might resist your cc spells. plus your mana can run out. low stability. spells dont deal enough dmg even with max magic.

warrior builds with overpower are so much better. you just perma knock them down, deal much more dmg, plus you are tanky since most of your skills give bonus to defense too... how bad are mages?

Vrent

Sep 6, 2020
Troja? they animated that? It scared me by surprise, I'm not going to lie, the first time that thing appeared it scared me like a dog.

• Sad
Reactions: Konpon

prisoner416

Jan 3, 2018
Enable the cheats from options and you get the encounter menu, that's the closest thing for scene gallery we'll get unless Majalis (the dev) decides to expand the gallery menu with the scenes too.
No scene replay? On a game with art this amazing? Wow. That's inexcusable. Like, I would gladly pay if the game had a proper gallery.

• Angry
Reactions: Citror08

Berk_Rider

Feb 26, 2018
for those wondering who's troja, she's the character that only appears when there's something wrong with your save file

YOU CAN INTENTIONALLY CORRUPT YOUR GAME TO TRIGGER HER ENCOUNTER BUT DO A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE FOLDER FIRST!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

how to?
go to %appdata%/roaming/TalesOfAndrogyny and edit your "quicksave.json" file
right on the second line, rewrite it as:
Code:
"mapId": "FIFTY",
save the file then hit to quick load ingame
enjoy

Budouka

Aug 15, 2022
is there any way that mage is not complete ass? you always miss turns due to incantations, and enemies might resist your cc spells. plus your mana can run out. low stability. spells dont deal enough dmg even with max magic.

warrior builds with overpower are so much better. you just perma knock them down, deal much more dmg, plus you are tanky since most of your skills give bonus to defense too... how bad are mages?
Currently mage is worse than ever. It actually was nerfed by introducing resistances to elements. And it was also nerfed years ago when Hypnosis and Paralysis became shorter in effect then they were.

For mage to be useful, one at least needs to remove the Incantation>Deep Incantation>spell chain, because it's incredible trouble for a little benefit. Spells already are being limited with the mana. Plus they're not that powerful at current meta to be worth all the trouble. They have requirements in Magic that basically force you to invest all the stats in it, so only the mage (nerfed character) will even bother using 95% of spells ever, so what's the point in them requiring Deep Incantation as another penalty. It's such an overkill.

But frankly all the stances should be available from Balanced somehow. Because in my 2+ years of playing I didn't find any use for Blitz or Berserk stances etc. They have pretty weak skills that are not that much more damaging, but actually have lower defense than Offensive skills usually while having higher stability cost. It's already far from top tier, and if it also makes you waste turns to enter their stance (while your enemy is beating you up), it's just useless.

anon17564

Oct 23, 2019
Currently mage is worse than ever. It actually was nerfed by introducing resistances to elements. And it was also nerfed years ago when Hypnosis and Paralysis became shorter in effect then they were.

For mage to be useful, one at least needs to remove the Incantation>Deep Incantation>spell chain, because it's incredible trouble for a little benefit. Spells already are being limited with the mana. Plus they're not that powerful at current meta to be worth all the trouble. They have requirements in Magic that basically force you to invest all the stats in it, so only the mage (nerfed character) will even bother using 95% of spells ever, so what's the point in them requiring Deep Incantation as another penalty. It's such an overkill.

But frankly all the stances should be available from Balanced somehow. Because in my 2+ years of playing I didn't find any use for Blitz or Berserk stances etc. They have pretty weak skills that are not that much more damaging, but actually have lower defense than Offensive skills usually while having higher stability cost. It's already far from top tier, and if it also makes you waste turns to enter their stance (while your enemy is beating you up), it's just useless.
Blitz is useful because you can Vault from that stance, which is the only way to get a particular scene outcome from Orc and Demon King encounters.

Granted, it's a _losing_ outcome, but it's also the only way to see it and it's pretty fucking hot :)

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021

Yeah, blitz is pretty crap. I don't recall it doing much either. At least not better than anything else, and you do take more damage and lose balance faster. It might knock them down faster, than the normal tempo attack and such, but I am sure there is a better and cheaper move for it.

I am saddened by mage getting nerfed though and setting folk ablaze was some of the most fun you could do in combat. Also, blasting rape ghost is cool too. Shame you can't take her along for some nightly fun...

Reactions: Vlive

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Blitz is useful because you can Vault from that stance, which is the only way to get a particular scene outcome from Orc and Demon King encounters.
Yeah, vault is the only useful skill in the blitz tree and that used to be a standard attack stance move. It really needs a much higher damage and damage to stability bonus to make it worthwhile.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes