Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
yea holy fuck the people saying they're paying for nothing are beyond me, I tried to argue a dude in dm's and he just got mad and blocked me so I'm done with them
I know what you mean. But to be honest compared to the period Minotauress/Dullahan content came the later content seems extremely... Lazy. I don't care for animations or pics (which what makes a game, well what game should be). I enjoy texts the most and see that the sotries compared to Maj's own earlier texts have dropped in quality. Not comparing the game to anything but their own work.
Guess they complain about that, just a bit too harsh like the devs have no life of their own.

Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
I know what you mean. But to be honest compared to the period Minotauress/Dullahan content came the later content seems extremely... Lazy. I don't care for animations or pics (which what makes a game, well what game should be). I enjoy texts the most and see that the sotries compared to Maj's own earlier texts have dropped in quality. Not comparing the game to anything but their own work.
Guess they complain about that, just a bit too harsh like the devs have no life of their own.
its almost like the game has most of the stuff they wanted to add and they are now just touching things up, people treat most of these games like they are some huge mmo that must have new and revamped content until the end of time.

Shame to see devs who are actually decent and have some sense of developmental fotitude get treated like this, they could go the route of a certain duo making a femdom game, that would really give some people something to be mad about

Dexter1927

Aug 7, 2019
Honestly it's probably the first constructive critic i've seen in a long time, i almost agreed on it if wasn't for one thing, it's a duo who is making a whole game, and they release weekly updates and have other stuff around it, and yeah probably they also have something else to do like eating sleeping and i dunno have a life , other than that i don't see the lazy content, i mean its usually pretty big stuff and also programming is not an easy thing to do (i know it myself), and tbh probably seeing everything animated would be hella cool, text only i'd go for Fenoxo, he's the undefeated ruler of that title, i'd love to see other stuff like the harpy or the brigant animation , and yeah remember this:
Shame to see devs who are actually decent and have some sense of developmental fotitude get treated like this, they could go the route of a certain duo making a femdom game, that would really give some people something to be mad about
Im still suffering for that was promising af:HideThePain:

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
This, it feels like in order to add more animations and stuff they had to sacrifice the amount and quality of text which is core of the game IMO.

For people asking to name one game with better updates i would choose Monster Girl Dreams, it is pretty similar to older updates of ToA: regular massive content and system updates with pretty limited amount of graphic.
If it was a futa game it would be hard for me to decide which one is better in a few updates, sadly it is not so ToA is still on top.

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
This, it feels like in order to add more animations and stuff they had to sacrifice the amount and quality of text which is core of the game IMO.

For people asking to name one game with better updates i would choose Monster Girl Dreams, it is pretty similar to older updates of ToA: regular massive content and system updates with pretty limited amount of graphic.
If it was a futa game it would be hard for me to decide which one is better in a few updates, sadly it is not so ToA is still on top.
I wouldn't call those better updates when they're so sporadic, we get an update every single saturday and there's also posts to disclaim the whole they slowed down immensely in updates

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
The person who works on animations is not the person who works on the text (me). We've also added fewer animations as late, as Alis has been trying to increase the quantity of new art while also taking time to work on UI stuff whenever she can. We have a backlog of the idle animations that have won the surveys (Cultist, Wasp, Naga, Ettin), and once those are completed, we'll basically have animated all the characters, so we're going to add sex animations to the surveys instead.

Of course, neither the quality of new text nor the amount has changed. I've actually liked some of my more recent work more than I did the work that was done in the middle of last year (the new Lupa and Giantess stuff is great, the Brothel Madame endings and other new scenes, and the Dark Knight story mode stuff as well). There are fewer new features, since the game is more feature complete now, and the remaining features are the most complex and difficult, so they take more time. And there are fewer new characters (read: none, it's been frozen since Dark Knight last year), because people complained about the lack of content for existing characters - of course, now when we focus on content for existing characters, people complain. If I add a large amount of new text all at once, like I did for the Mouth Fiend or Dark Knight because I enjoyed writing those encounters, people complain that the update is all text and no new "content" (ie, art). The one constant is that people complain.

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
The person who works on animations is not the person who works on the text (me). We've also added fewer animations as late, as Alis has been trying to increase the quantity of new art while also taking time to work on UI stuff whenever she can. We have a backlog of the idle animations that have won the surveys (Cultist, Wasp, Naga, Ettin), and once those are completed, we'll basically have animated all the characters, so we're going to add sex animations to the surveys instead.

Of course, neither the quality of new text nor the amount has changed. I've actually liked some of my more recent work more than I did the work that was done in the middle of last year (the new Lupa and Giantess stuff is great, the Brothel Madame endings and other new scenes, and the Dark Knight story mode stuff as well). There are fewer new features, since the game is more feature complete now, and the remaining features are the most complex and difficult, so they take more time. And there are fewer new characters (read: none, it's been frozen since Dark Knight last year), because people complained about the lack of content for existing characters - of course, now when we focus on content for existing characters, people complain. If I add a large amount of new text all at once, like I did for the Mouth Fiend or Dark Knight because I enjoyed writing those encounters, people complain that the update is all text and no new "content" (ie, art). The one constant is that people complain.
That is sadly true. People will complain no matter what.

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017

Focus on the art there a lot position and sex-scene where is non art its my opinion

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Focus on the art there a lot position and sex-scene where is non art its my opinion
Again, a different person does the art and the script. There's no amount of "focusing" that's going to change that. This is basically just an argument for me to do less script-writing, when it comes down to it.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Indeed. There are always a few armchair folks around this forum to seems to enjoy trying to "give advice" on how to make the game better to the actual developers and complaining when their counsel isn't followed.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work. I quite like the debauchery from the text in the sex scenes. :p

Reactions: Dingo139

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Again, a different person does the art and the script. There's no amount of "focusing" that's going to change that. This is basically just an argument for me to do less script-writing, when it comes down to it.
I like writing but just look how many this game have position(in combat) and sex scenes/events I understand that you are write and the next person are art-style its clear for me and I dont complain write usseles or art becuse for me both of them for me are nice job.

Just there is to much scenes dont have art especial those scene already have been writen but there is no art I dont care If it animation or not but as I said before there is so much content need visual arts Im sure as long as you have support from us especial money support this game will have 100% content just in my opinion we need more arts and yes dont stop write text I already look on Majalis twiter and I saw 3-4 new arts coming and is that what I mean just do ur game what you want ppl always will cry so dont care about it I just suggestion and yes my last comment propably sounds like "do arts becuse I want" ofc I want arts but Its not order Its just suggestion from me :)

good luck and pleas say thanks to the person who made arts its rly good.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I like writing but just look how many this game have position(in combat) and sex scenes/events I understand that you are write and the next person are art-style its clear for me and I dont complain write usseles or art becuse for me both of them for me are nice job.

Just there is to much scenes dont have art especial those scene already have been writen but there is no art I dont care If it animation or not but as I said before there is so much content need visual arts Im sure as long as you have support from us especial money support this game will have 100% content just in my opinion we need more arts and yes dont stop write text I already look on Majalis twiter and I saw 3-4 new arts coming and is that what I mean just do ur game what you want ppl always will cry so dont care about it I just suggestion and yes my last comment propably sounds like "do arts becuse I want" ofc I want arts but Its not order Its just suggestion from me :)

good luck and pleas say thanks to the person who made arts its rly good.
The reality is that you can obviously write scenes quicker than it takes to draw them, and much faster than it takes to animate them, like, this is a good part of the reason that books still exist. With a mixture of unique art and generic art, we're hoping every scene will have art, but the amount of it that is generic vs. unique will have to depend on how many unique scenes I write.

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
The reality is that you can obviously write scenes quicker than it takes to draw them, and much faster than it takes to animate them, like, this is a good part of the reason that books still exist. With a mixture of unique art and generic art, we're hoping every scene will have art, but the amount of it that is generic vs. unique will have to depend on how many unique scenes I write.
Regardless of peoples perception of 'content', its impressive the amount of work you two put into this game, and i look forward to seeing what your development brings in the future

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes