Budouka

Aug 15, 2022
There is a way to make the dialog box to not override the bottom of the background image? Im aware you can hide the dialog box, but i want to both read the dialog and see the image at same time.
You probably will need to find the dialogue windows file and replace with transparent image so it shows nothing

Dec 15, 2023
You probably will need to find the dialogue windows file and replace with transparent image so it shows nothing
found those images at "ui/encounters", but replacing didnt changed the game after all. Perharps because the image used is inside the .jar file. Im surprised no one ever complained about the lack of options to reduce/reposition UI

Budouka

Aug 15, 2022
found those images at "ui/encounters", but replacing didnt changed the game after all. Perharps because the image used is inside the .jar file. Im surprised no one ever complained about the lack of options to reduce/reposition UI
You can do that with translation packs actually. Replace the file with new one amd choose a new language to apply the change

Dec 15, 2023
You can do that with translation packs actually. Replace the file with new one amd choose a new language to apply the change
Your message made discover that i can actually open the .jar file with a file manager and replace the images, that worked. Thank you
1725543434442.png

NamelessHollow

Jul 5, 2021
Bro rq can anybody help me, i've played this game a lot few years ago, downloaded latest version, tried to boot it up and it doesn't play anymore and now i'm getting "can't create virtual machine " error if i click the .jar

i already redownloaded it, went through the instalation guide and couldn't fix it, anyone got an idea? thanks in advance.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Bro rq can anybody help me, i've played this game a lot few years ago, downloaded latest version, tried to boot it up and it doesn't play anymore and now i'm getting "can't create virtual machine " error if i click the .jar

i already redownloaded it, went through the instalation guide and couldn't fix it, anyone got an idea? thanks in advance.
You didn't read the installation guide if you are clicking on the jar to run the game. Download win version at the start of every month, extract and click the exe. If you want to play weekly updates, download and replace the jar in the win folder but still click the exe.

NamelessHollow

Jul 5, 2021
You didn't read the installation guide if you are clicking on the jar to run the game. Download win version at the start of every month, extract and click the exe. If you want to play weekly updates, download and replace the jar in the win folder but still click the exe.
I clicked on the .exe, nothing happened, then i clicked on the jar because i read somewhere around here trying to fix the problem that i needed to click it first before actually playing it, someone even said something about downloading jdk17 or something (it was a few days ago i saw that, trying to fix it again now.)

so from what you said, it has nothing to do with the jar. right, so my problem is that i'm clicking the exe. and nothing is happening. What's up with that?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
someone even said something about downloading jdk17 or something
That is not necessary. The exe is the executable for the jar.

To confirm:
You used one of the WIN links to download.
You are sure the download wasn't corrupted.
You extracted the contents of the compressed archive into a directory on your computer.
You then double clicked on the exe.

And you say it is not loading.
If that is the case then - What is your system specs?

NamelessHollow

Jul 5, 2021
That is not necessary. The exe is the executable for the jar.

To confirm:
You used one of the WIN links to download.
You are sure the download wasn't corrupted.
You extracted the contents of the compressed archive into a directory on your computer.
You then double clicked on the exe.

And you say it is not loading.
Yeah, that's why i found it weird because when i played it and downloaded the game's monthly updates i usually would just overwrite the files with the new ones and the game would play just fine, but now it doesn't even run anymore.

If that is the case then - What is your system specs?
not good. but AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 16gb ram.

now that you explained me a bit about it (thx) i'm trying to find what ppl are saying and trying to find a fix for it not running

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
not good. but AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 16gb ram.
That isn't "not good" - that's better than most people on this site.

I would delete and download again, if you haven't done so already. I would also turn off your antivirus when extracting and attempting to run to see if that is it.

Flugelbozz

Nov 12, 2018
the jar is 2.8GB
was it always this big?
I clicked on the .exe, nothing happened, then i clicked on the jar because i read somewhere around here trying to fix the problem that i needed to click it first before actually playing it, someone even said something about downloading jdk17 or something (it was a few days ago i saw that, trying to fix it again now.)

so from what you said, it has nothing to do with the jar. right, so my problem is that i'm clicking the exe. and nothing is happening. What's up with that?
if you still were using your old windows game files and you say you were using them since a few years ago, the windows files got an update. So you need to update your windows files for the recent jars, (since a few months ago) for the game to work properly.

EDIT: Exact reason was because the jdk inside the windows files moved from jdk 11 to jdk 17, if you advanced/lazy enough, you can try overwriting them, download jdk from here . buuuuut I'm not a regular 'round here, there might be another issue at hand. just a guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado
4.50 star(s) 148 Votes