Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Thank you all for your feedback, it makes game better and gives us inspiration!

Is there a point in adding the SOS now? No matter how much progress is made, it will be wiped out by the next update.
Not really. If it wipes, maybe it's not obligatory. But should we remove it from the game if it's already added there? I don't think so. Buuuuut, we'll discuss it with the team (y)

Any cheats? I hate having to grind again after every update...
Use chapter selector, it was made special for you :D

Jancvk

Mar 1, 2019
For me, prefer playing Ren'Py games using JoiPlay. But when I try to play with JoiPlay it's force close. Hmm. Any1 can help?

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
I see all 3 chapters, no bugs there!

asmodeev
Suggestion: it would be better to show these windows darker, because of overlap of the other symbols, and these underneath symbols are clickable too, its's both irritating:

Anmerkung 2021-02-17 015234.png Anmerkung 2021-02-17 022821.png

Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Suggestion: it would be better to show these windows darker, because of overlap of the other symbols, and these underneath symbols are clickable too, its's both irritating
Thanks, a little darker may be better, we'll try it!

Upd. In the next release underneath symbols will not be clickable!

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Stuck and need help.
Crashed, built bed, upgraded hut, got picture, built fire, built crafting table, built knife, put down S in SOS.

I can only gather resources at this point, I have 10+ of stones, half-coconuts, leaves, bamboo.
I can't add any stones to SOS, I can't upgrade table or tent, I can't build anything besides: Knife (no more door handles around), Knots (have 6), and Soup (no spear, so I can't hunt).

Help please!

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
Stuck and need help.
Crashed, built bed, upgraded hut, got picture, built fire, built crafting table, built knife, put down S in SOS.

I can only gather resources at this point, I have 10+ of stones, half-coconuts, leaves, bamboo.
I can't add any stones to SOS, I can't upgrade table or tent, I can't build anything besides: Knife (no more door handles around), Knots (have 6), and Soup (no spear, so I can't hunt).

Help please!
Check the tree near your upgraded hut.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks, but this is what I see:
1614289707967.png

The option to upgrade the hut (the left circle) is grayed out when I click on it and clicking anywhere else doesn't seem to do anything.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
The option to upgrade the hut (the left circle) is grayed out when I click on it and clicking anywhere else doesn't seem to do anything.
If you have a knife only then it's too soon for a hut upgrade. Do you have a spear in the crafting menu?
You may send save file to me here or on our Discord server, I can check if there some progress problem

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Yeah, no ability to craft a spear in the menu. Had to restart, previous save (v.3) I had fully upgraded hut and the spear.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Game looks good, plays fine, and even if it is only in emoji/icon makes sense mostly. The strawberry chili pepper one next to each other I couldn't parse.

Something that I think deserves a minor fix is needing the fire to use the workbench. The fire is useful for extra time in the day and protection, but making rope, fishing rod, spear, or anything that doesn't require cooking should probably not require the work bench, but I do think all food cooking should also be done on the fire. This is just a minor quibble and not changing it isn't so bad. I would like the fire to make more sense to new players on how many bamboo does what. Like a small tooltip meaning 3 will keep it going through the day.

If you eat a purple mushroom and a striped berry, it should have a different reaction instead of overriding each other.

Fishing mini game is a bit weird, the bobber isn't where the line goes, and sometimes it jumps, like the bobber will hit the water and then move an extra inch up the screen.

Also knowing where the fish like the line to go would be helpful, directly in the middle of them, in front/behind, etc.

Only read problems I noticed were that clickables that were under another box/clickable can accidentally be hit. Example is if you are using the workbench the box sits on top of the tree, which can then instead of clicking make rope you might just click the tree through the box. An open workbench box also can be walked around with on screen if you click to move with it open.

Workbench also lets you slightly cheat by getting an extra action at night which will be worked on while MC is shown as laying down.

Some of the icons were hard to parse especially if you are new to the game, like 2 big eyes, or joystick. Without them explained, it is slightly confusing.

Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Game looks good, plays fine, and even if it is only in emoji/icon makes sense mostly. The strawberry chili pepper one next to each other I couldn't parse.
Wow, thank you for your feedback!
Strawberry and chilli pepper transcribes as "hot and sexy". We'll think about other variants of emoji for that line :unsure:

Something that I think deserves a minor fix is needing the fire to use the workbench. The fire is useful for extra time in the day and protection, but making rope, fishing rod, spear, or anything that doesn't require cooking should probably not require the work bench, but I do think all food cooking should also be done on the fire. This is just a minor quibble and not changing it isn't so bad. I would like the fire to make more sense to new players on how many bamboo does what. Like a small tooltip meaning 3 will keep it going through the day.
Initially, it was two different buildings so they worked independently but we decide to merge them to simplify crafting UI and visual noise on the home location. But I agree that it somewhat confusing and maybe we'll rework it later.

I would like the fire to make more sense to new players on how many bamboo does what. Like a small tooltip meaning 3 will keep it going through the day.
It's just simple as one per day, there is info about it:
1614360157510.png
When stock in the fire is low, Lee will think about it like:
1614360261964.png
Maybe we should change this emojis order, hah :unsure:

If you eat a purple mushroom and a striped berry, it should have a different reaction instead of overriding each other.
Yep, this is the problem, there is only one current state for the Lee. Maybe we'll introduce joint state, thanks for the idea :)

Fishing mini game is a bit weird, the bobber isn't where the line goes, and sometimes it jumps, like the bobber will hit the water and then move an extra inch up the screen.

Also knowing where the fish like the line to go would be helpful, directly in the middle of them, in front/behind, etc.
We fixed collision detection in this minigame, it'll be in the next update, so it'll be easier to catch the fish when you actually hit it. As for bobber, it's not on the end of the line so some fluctuations are by design. The bobber is just for the picture, end of the line is really matters!

Only read problems I noticed were that clickables that were under another box/clickable can accidentally be hit. Example is if you are using the workbench the box sits on top of the tree, which can then instead of clicking make rope you might just click the tree through the box. An open workbench box also can be walked around with on screen if you click to move with it open.
We're fixed this bug in the last update, it'll be available around next weekend (y)

Workbench also lets you slightly cheat by getting an extra action at night which will be worked on while MC is shown as laying down.
This bug should be gone too :giggle:

Some of the icons were hard to parse especially if you are new to the game, like 2 big eyes, or joystick. Without them explained, it is slightly confusing.
Agree, but this is best what we've come by now. We spent hours finding the best emojis for some UI/menus, but some of them may confuse, I may agree with that. In some cases we set what we thought will be clear for the players, but if there may be better variants — we gladly accept and integrate them!
As for joystick and eyes before minigames its "interactive" and "non-interactive" game modes, which we describe as "play" or "see".

Upd. And the bug with the progress, that mandor1784 mentioned was fixed too (y)

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes