somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Wow, thank you for your feedback!
Strawberry and chilli pepper transcribes as "hot and sexy". We'll think about other variants of emoji for that line :unsure:

Initially, it was two different buildings so they worked independently but we decide to merge them to simplify crafting UI and visual noise on the home location. But I agree that it somewhat confusing and maybe we'll rework it later.

It's just simple as one per day, there is info about it:
View attachment 1055280
When stock in the fire is low, Lee will think about it like:
View attachment 1055284
Maybe we should change this emojis order, hah :unsure:

Yep, this is the problem, there is only one current state for the Lee. Maybe we'll introduce joint state, thanks for the idea :)

We fixed collision detection in this minigame, it'll be in the next update, so it'll be easier to catch the fish when you actually hit it. As for bobber, it's not on the end of the line so some fluctuations are by design. The bobber is just for the picture, end of the line is really matters!

We're fixed this bug in the last update, it'll be available around next weekend (y)

This bug should be gone too :giggle:

Agree, but this is best what we've come by now. We spent hours finding the best emojis for some UI/menus, but some of them may confuse, I may agree with that. In some cases we set what we thought will be clear for the players, but if there may be better variants — we gladly accept and integrate them!
As for joystick and eyes before minigames its "interactive" and "non-interactive" game modes, which we describe as "play" or "see".

Upd. And the bug with the progress, that mandor1784 mentioned was fixed too (y)
The chili pepper can easily be transcribed as hot/spicy. Being we don't know anything about cat lady, we can't assume spicy and being he has been making fire to keep himself alive, a flame seems like the most logical for hot. I don't know how strawberry means sexy, maybe sweet and red. Peach is usually for a specific butt shape, as are pears, and eggplants for genitals. Never seen strawberry before.

You can keep them as a single building, however a split UI or something to make it so the fire doesn't have to be lit for non fire related things would be nice.

It is 1 bamboo a day? I figured it was 3 a day, because if it got down to 2 or 1 it would show red, so I figured it needed 3 to 5, burning 1 per time mode.

The numberings in the game are a bit odd. Like if you get bananas it shows as a single banana with a number underneath, but if you go fishing and catch more than 1 it will show 2 or more fish icons. Also in the inventory some of the numbers go pretty high like I think my leaves can go up to 53 even if I don't have that many. Or is it counting how many I used the whole game? So some more unity on the numbers would be nice.

The icons aren't bad. I agree that it is hard to give perfect information with just icons and think your choices are pretty good. Like a joystick is a double entendre and works well.

However a few of the symbols used like the skip button for games is a fast forward symbol, which obviously is a different thing. So you might think you will play a game at double or more speed but instead it skips it. Also not knowing if the skip is equal to actually playing it. Like you could catch multiple of the item, but I have never had more than 1 in a skip. This is useful information if you are somehow being handicapped because you skip.

Other than that since the game is so linear, I don't know of any other complaints I can think of. Maybe the not knowing if the give water back or drink water first choice matters? Or maybe some more sounds?

Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
You can keep them as a single building, however a split UI or something to make it so the fire doesn't have to be lit for non fire related things would be nice.
Hmm, we'll discuss it, why not (y)

It is 1 bamboo a day? I figured it was 3 a day, because if it got down to 2 or 1 it would show red, so I figured it needed 3 to 5, burning 1 per time mode.
Red marking is just an additional warning about firewood

The numberings in the game are a bit odd. Like if you get bananas it shows as a single banana with a number underneath, but if you go fishing and catch more than 1 it will show 2 or more fish icons.
We are working on it, there are some technical problems with showing info about results in the textbox like in the task window

Also in the inventory some of the numbers go pretty high like I think my leaves can go up to 53 even if I don't have that many. Or is it counting how many I used the whole game? So some more unity on the numbers would be nice.
It's common indication for current/maximum count of items. For example (5/10) means you have 5 and may have no more than 10.

Maybe the not knowing if the give water back or drink water first choice matters? Or maybe some more sounds?
There are plans for more sounds, yes! And for some gallery, so it'll be clear that some scenes was missing because of choices.

Nope, I tried with only one filled shell and withot shells at all.
I can check if there some bug if you send me save file here or on our Discord :unsure:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
What I meant by the inventory numbers go pretty high. MC can store 5 healing sea weed, he can store 53 palm fronds, the numbering of the upper limit seems arbitrary is what I meant.

I guess I have to question on why have a different max between them? The inventory itself is already "magical" being the player can carry a huge amount of rocks and water on his person at any time which would weigh him down. So hiding the max number and having a hard max of 99 or whatever lowest high number makes sense to cover all your bases may be a safer bet and easier to read/understand. If you want to explain away the player's huge inventory he can imagine storing most of the excess around his tent area. Pre-tent you could set a max of maybe 10 or something small to make it seem as making the tent also betters his storage options.

Maybe for the firewood add an extra icon of a sun to moon to sun transition or whatever to show a time frame per fuel.

Anyways all in all for a game that avoids text as much as possible it is going well and pretty understandable.

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
Hmm, we'll discuss it, why not (y)

Red marking is just an additional warning about firewood

We are working on it, there are some technical problems with showing info about results in the textbox like in the task window

It's common indication for current/maximum count of items. For example (5/10) means you have 5 and may have no more than 10.

There are plans for more sounds, yes! And for some gallery, so it'll be clear that some scenes was missing because of choices.

I can check if there some bug if you send me save file here or on our Discord :unsure:

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
madmit, you have 14 coconuts but no empty coconut bowls, just eat them to make bowls
1614512658922.png
We'll think about the custom image of coconut to differentiate them more

What I meant by the inventory numbers go pretty high. MC can store 5 healing sea weed, he can store 53 palm fronds, the numbering of the upper limit seems arbitrary is what I meant.
Ah, yes, we didn't balance this cap yet. We discussed several different inventory systems (like cell limiting, weight limiting, common cap, several storages) and the current one was the simplest by UI/mechanics in a textless environment. For now, rarer items have lower cap so the player can't grind them on and break some game events/trials later on in the game. We'll definitely review those numbers later as all resources will be introduced in the game.

Maybe for the firewood add an extra icon of a sun to moon to sun transition or whatever to show a time frame per fuel.
It's hard to show it in 72x72 image, we tried some:
1614513733130.png

Reactions: madmit

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
madmit, you have 14 coconuts but no empty coconut bowls, just eat them to make bowls
View attachment 1058467

Ah, yes, we didn't balance this cap yet. We discussed several different inventory systems (like cell limiting, weight limiting, common cap, several storages) and the current one was the simplest by UI/mechanics in a textless environment. For now, rarer items have lower cap so the player can't grind them on and break some game events/trials later on in the game. We'll definitely review those numbers later as all resources will be introduced in the game.

View attachment 1058490
Silly me, thanks alot for an explanation! :) Game is great, btw.

• Love
Reactions: Asmodeev

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
View attachment 1058467

View attachment 1058490
The other icons look nice, but the 24 ones which do look good still read weird. Being you can't know it is a clock, just 8 dots in a circle which is not how long a day is in game. I get the game is textless, but maybe it can use moving icons. Showing the rotation of clock hands or pouring of sand, rotating of hourglass, something that gives better readability, especially since there are only a few time frames in the game days.

Other than that, my other slight suggestion is to have "permanent" items in their own area/window/side bar attached to the main one. This is to make players not have to scroll down a long list. So spear, fur, rod, picture would be elsewhere and thus all usable materials exist in that inventory.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
The other icons look nice, but the 24 ones which do look good still read weird. Being you can't know it is a clock, just 8 dots in a circle which is not how long a day is in game. I get the game is textless, but maybe it can use moving icons. Showing the rotation of clock hands or pouring of sand, rotating of hourglass, something that gives better readability, especially since there are only a few time frames in the game days.

Other than that, my other slight suggestion is to have "permanent" items in their own area/window/side bar attached to the main one. This is to make players not have to scroll down a long list. So spear, fur, rod, picture would be elsewhere and thus all usable materials exist in that inventory.
Animated icons is a good idea, we'll think about it, thanks!

There are some plans for inventory rework, yes. At least we'll add some default sorting so all items will always be on the same spot. As for a special place for tools — hmm, maybe, thanks!

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
tonya_fishing_16.jpg

Today Tame It! 0.5.1 become public!

Somebody may think that 0.5.1 means that this is half of the game, but no, there are 15 chapters in the original plot so we are around 30% by now. But we’ll see, we may decide to merge some chapters together or add some additional content by patrons opinion.

Let’s return to the chapter. While Lee and Cat become aware of each other, their relations are slowly built by your hands. Meanwhile, there are some hints from the weather for future problems, so Lee must have some precautions.

Old saves are not compatible with the new version yet. Save compatibility restricts us with changes to the codebase and requires much time to achieve. And we prefer to spend this time on new content for you instead. But when all major features will be implemented in the game, we’ll get serious about saves.

Work on the 0.6.0 is going at full speed. And we expect some quality changes for the current content as well as the new one.

Download links are in the first post :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
I don't understand the ligthning + Coconut shell + Fish + Poultry + Crab. What am I supposed to do with that to make salvor?

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes