Ren'Py - Completed - Tame It! [v1.1.2] [Manka Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

kicsikocsi

A refreshing survival game with a unique twist on storytelling style. Has a decent storyline , and is surprisingly polished (one of the best, seen on f95z in the past 5 years).
    I've been eyeballing the game for the past 2 years, each time an update was out but only decided to download, was positively impressed the very first minutes by first of all the art and equally surprised by the game's own unique language. Tried English for a minute or so and immediately realized how it was MEANT to be played.

- Minigames are okay, not annoying one bit the connecting one is pretty fun.

- The resource gathering can be challenging if you're the type who likes a challenge (if you're 14 and looking for a quick wank, you're better off going PH instead.. ;D), but has a pretty broad difficulty setting to make it more story based than a struggle.

- Storyline is nice, not spectacular fit for an emmy but pretty good for the purpose.

- All in all highly recommended, if you got a bit more time and are into a challenge. (who else plays survival games though?
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Guitarra

Really enjoyed this game, hopefully a followup game will be released :)
    Its really well done, awesome graphics / mini games / story and well executed animation.
    Only downside is the grind can get in the way of quick progress, but then again no need to be in such a hurry.
    Well recommended !
  3. 3.00 star(s)

GreatRedMuppet

This game has been on my radar for a while, and today I bit the bullet and gave it a shot.

I feel that, like so many Ren'Py games, it's an absolute grind fest with, in my opinion, little pay off. Yes, the girls look pretty good and the art style is top notch, but after about an hour and a half I gave up on this game. It was nice of the developers to give a sex scene right from the start, but barring a small scene in the island with the blonde chick you go absolutely dry, and in the end my pay off was making the cat girl cum.

The use of emojis instead of text (although you can select one of several languages) is interesting and I could see myself playing a few more games like that, given the right format, although I can also see myself getting confused since you can interpret them in several ways, so giving specific instructions can be a hit or miss.

The animation is, frankly, lackluster. While the art work looks nice, they're just images, and to convey animation they stretch, squash and move them about, making this look like a Meet and Fuck game.

I want to like this game more, but the general grindiness of the game, little pay off and the sub-par animations doesn't win me over. By all means give this game a try, but here's an analogy: instead of a well executed hattrick this is more in line with the ball hitting the post a couple time and then having someone score in their own goal when the ball hits their face. It's a goal, sure, but man was it sloppy.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

burz_ex

Pros:
    Nice and original art with animated models
    Average story

Cons:
    The game is grindy as hell!
    3 actions to the day. You need to gather food, gather water, eat food, drink water.
    Gather stick, gather stones, gather leaves. Gather everything!

Mechanics is not clear at all. Minigames are slow and boring.
    3 wasted hours of my life is enough to keep you away from that.
    Do not recommend.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Luckzor

The art is great, the story and conversation being only with emojis is innovating, but this game is grindy as fuck, hours searching for food and leafs and everything to build and upgrade the tent, giving food to the cat-girl to befriend her, after a tone of times giving her food, you can start to seduce her, and guess what, it take ages.
    The game force you to spend hours until you get something because is not intuitive either, because some times you don't know what you have to do, I stopped playing because the game became boring after so many hours and my relationship with the cat-girl wasn't progressing much, and looks like you need to progress some events like to progress in the story.
    I was planing in buy this game in steam because looked interesting, but now I know that is not worth it.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

kark

The more you play, the more you get tired of this game. That is the best definition of this game. For sure, the game suffer a heavy repetitive syndrome and its not a surprise people get so tired of this that they end rating this with 2 or 3 stars and left the game without finish it.

There are the classic survive mechanics but to be honest, they dont bring something really interesting, it was not bad for a little but after, its too much, literally the game is wasting your time, there are no really other way to say this that an artificial stretch of your gameplay time.
    Its not just about survive side but other features such as teaching your "cat" to talk which, again, it feels like if they delete it, i would not miss it.

All of this is even sad because i bet the devs put effort and time for make all that minigames and mechanics but in the end, it just dont work, its even annoy after you do it more than 2 times and its look like the devs didnt play the game from the start up to the end without cheat codes because its hard to believe they thought that was fun.

I will give 4 stars because in other hand, the game has nice quality touchs, like eventually giving you honey so you almost dont need to focus in hunger anymore, smart gathering places location, skip some minigames, teaching your second pet to talk is sorter... and so on.
    But then again, all the mechanics feels literal chores and annoy and more than arousal, i feel like i wasted most of my time. I didnt even complete the game because at the boat part, it was just insane all the waste of time to just progress and better no talk about the pearls which i simple no even have idea of how to get them. Plus the game is a little buggy...
    Long story short, the devs have the ability to make a really wonderful game but this is no that game.

I would recommend this game if:
    -You think that girls are hot (specially monster girl ones)
    -You dont mind grinding and like survive mechanics such as "or drink or you die"
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Thailand 56110

i am from thailand I really like your game, it's great, but I want to know which version of jaguar we can kill and if we can find another girl, when is version 0.13.0 coming, I'm looking forward to following.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

BIackBaron

Great premise and setup with even greater aesthetics plagued by obtuse non skippable grind and overly obnoxious "mini-games"

5 stars for everything that isn't what the creators consider "gameplay", but it's actually designed to stretch a 2 hours experience into more.
    Respect the players time more, it would've been a better game if it wasn't artificially diluted.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Xxpto

v1.0.0 review: pretty nice & unique art style, basically what drew me to play. Not the greatest & original plot, but it developed well into the game. Not many problems playing it too, even with the default emoji dialogue, which is unique too. A bit of a grind to gather stuff & bad RNG for some specific items ruined a bit of the fun though. Maybe sound could have some more variety too. But in the end a good game overall.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Horny Harold

Too grindy and tedious. The only good thing is the art style., Everything else sucks.. The minigame is annoying at best and you end up spending hours just to get a subpar sex scene with no sfx or voice acting.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

AceJack

Finished yesterday, nice art for the "girls" (even if i don't like monster-girls) pity for some bug \ error when save or pass the night, the grinding part with the plane at long is annoyng but the game in the end is good!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

WalmartDeli

very well thought out game with great story and great graphics with hours and hours of content. it took me 10+ hours to finish story, and its not even finished yet. Respect to devs for such a solid game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

dewrules

Totally love the game. I've been passing this gem because it had no anal, but the dev promised to put it in (pun intended), so I was hoping that it be available this release, sadly no...
    That being said - this is one of those games that takes you on a journey. Story is great, I didn't mind emoji mechanics at all in fact I enjoyed it.
    Story is well developed with lots of humor, totally loved collaboration ark at the end.
    Art and character models are beautiful (especially the cat girl).
    The cat girl is totally awesome. having her follow you - pure genius, small detail but always made me chuckle.
    Definitionally will donate to this developer, I haven't had so much fun in a while.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

lexxus

Probably one of the best point and click adventure/puzzle games I've ever played.

Fun story,funny character bits,lots of actual game play and a good amount of adult content.

While bugs and balance issues do exist they vanish mostly between updates with a decent amount of new stuff being included with each new version.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

GreyJim

Ver v0.12.0

This is a well umm... "written"? and enjoyable game to play.

It's a simple 2D point and click erotic survival adventure that has good art, good character interactions, well thought out situations, and a good balance of necessary resource gathering and actions per time slot.
    It's not a mindless fuckfest, there's no incest, NTR, rape, anal gangbangs or whatever warped fetish the vocal minority on this site constantly demand.

Early on there were criticisms, or at least skepticisms about the use of emoticons instead of text. I didn't much care for it myself at first, but I was enjoying the gameplay so I persisted.

Well worth it!!

Once I got used to the emoticons the "language barrier" was gone. Even if the use of some emoticons are still not clear to me, I get the gist of it, and in this game that's all you need. This isn't a game filled with masses of pointless dialogue.

It works well! No need to translate into multiple languages. Everything is simple and straight to the point, which suits this game well.

The gameplay is enjoyable and well balanced. There's some exploration needed to find and gather resources with new areas opening up as the game progresses. The limit of actions per time slot hasn't been made too strict - you can travel as much as you want, you have to perform an action for time to advance.

Some actions will trigger minigames, but none are difficult or lengthy and they fit well with the overall gameplay. Some provide random bonuses.

Sexual content seems well balanced. Despite what the opening scenes might suggest, the game isn't a mindless fuckfest. It is an erotic survival adventure. There's progression of relationships which allow for replayable sex scenes.

The technical aspects of the game are all good.
    The 2D artwork and animations are well done, the sound effects and ambient sounds fit in well.
    I've never had the game crash on me, and It's been pleasantly bug free.

All up, it isn't a complicated game that's reaching too far. It's a straightforward, pleasant diversion with good pacing and good story progression. It's the kind of game I came to this site for and would like to see more of.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Lannes

Nice game and beautiful story. The emoticones only story is quite habile and I really love the idea that this love story does not need words. I really recommend it and can't wait for more ! Everyone should give it a try, honestly. I spend the day playing it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

nightshadow69

Really liked the plot and the drawing, the squid woman surprised me). The survival game is quite logical, there are a lot of cool turns. The characters seem to be alive and can act on their own. In general, the idea of training and thereby obtaining statistics about the characters is implemented very cool.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

abrakad95

5 stars, because I spent half a day playing this game (I haven't fully passed it yet). And it was a wonderful time. The drawing of the main girls is gorgeous, also attention to the little things on the interactive map. A nice, simple quest system. Not annoying. Funny mini-games, especially related to communication and training of girls. I really liked the system of communication with symbols - there is a lot to develop further. The developer makes a very high-quality product. Good luck and strength to continue on!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

BayJay47

Now THIS is a unique game. Is actually has gameplay, for one. The artwork is fantastic, the world is immersive, and it makes you think a bit. Truly a breathe of fresh air. Plus the dev is highly responsive.

This is exactly the kind of game I want to support: Innovative, with a dev who believes in their vision while still listening to what the playerbase wants.

Give it a shot; if you aren't hooked after 30 minutes of playing then walk away. Chances are you'll enjoy it, just don't expect to click + wank.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

meta_33

The graphics of the game are very specific and very nice, the progression and design of the story is beautiful, and the game progresses much more smoothly than the standard survive-novel games, and you don't want the story to end. Nice Game 9.2/10