RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So your specific recommendations to improve?

The game is simplistic in the survival aspects, they are quite easy to figure out in just a few minutes (which if you're trying to sell globally is needed, some would not have hours of game play experience).

The only 'grindy' thing was figuring out where the best gather spots were, and luring the cat in to play a bit. That could have been cut in half, agreed, but otherwise not bad. I've seen much, MUCH worse here, and yes I count Milftoon drama as much worse than this game is currently. This game does not need a walkthrough for anything beyond Chapter 1 as Milftoon required.

Aspects to improve... Sorten the 'tame' aspect with the cat by about 25%-50%, and have the bridge set up sooner. Having the torches helped lessen the grind immensely.
Literally the entire game is grind, there's no where near enough lewd content to justify half of it. . Its just not worth the effort that it takes to get to the actual content. Of course that could be manageable, Like you said there are "worse" grindy games, but when you combine that with the absolutely horrible Emoji dialogue its no longer redeemable. Seriously the worst idea ever. According to them they write actual dialogues first then translate them into that, so why an alternate mode doesn't exist beats me. Its no wonder this game has struggled while games like What a legend have taken off. If I was the artist I would go elsewhere honestly. Also lets talk about how the stream you collect water in initially is 100% salt water, it clearly connects to the ocean.

jbk

Apr 4, 2017
This dude is overexaggerating, don't worry your game is fine. Not everyone wants a boring "click through text" simulator like most other renpy games are. The emoji dialogue is easy to understand and sets it apart from other games. The grind isn't that bad either and once there are more scenes it will feel less grindy anyways. It feels a lot more rewarding when you have to do something to get to the scenes and not just click through walls of text.

mofu2x

Oct 10, 2020
Each time Lee forages or hunts something, he improves his skills, it also affects drop from tasks completion.
While I did notice myself getting more drops per harvest as time went on, this was not clear at all. I thought it was from making better tools. You should probably do something to communicate this (and maybe tie it to tools after all since that would make for clear, discrete steps that fit in with how upgrading your home increases your storage capacity).

FTKnight

Oct 10, 2018
How long does the damn storm last? also are the more then 9 emoji for the language training?

Mascis

May 22, 2018
I teached her all 9 emojis, 4 combinations, slept like 20 days and nothing happens, am I missing something?

Phil52

Dec 19, 2017
Great Game, its Balanced Well, a bit more hints could help as a option I personally enjoyed the working out the puzzle's

Reactions: Asmodeev

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
asmodeev Since the mc can see the storm coming and it can literally kill him, how about giving him some thoughts where he is thinking what is needed to survive inside the hut for a while. For instance he thinks about the bamboo for the fire with a number next to it. Getting Bamboo costs quite some health as you have to travel more screens to get it. Same goes for Banana's and Coconuts.

rubendm1995

Dec 13, 2017
Can someone tell me what the requirements to play this game or if only works on recent OS? Because when i enter it crash, i cant play.

unknown78

Apr 30, 2018
Bug when the cat is sleeping. The mouse pointer is gone.
Seconding this report. I loaded directly from chapter selection and there was no cursor during the sleeping cat minigame.

Further testing shows that the cursor remains invisible even on the menu interfaces and only in full-screen mode. The cursor remained visible in windowed mode for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
First of all, thank you for your feedback! Constructive criticism makes the game better for all of us and your praise is the motivation to continue! :love:

dark5ide judejitsu unknown78, and everyone who encountered bug with the hidden mouse pointers and reported it, thanks, we prepared hotfix for this bug. To install it, just copy attached file into the 'game' directory.

Last edited:

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
This dude is overexaggerating, don't worry your game is fine. Not everyone wants a boring "click through text" simulator like most other renpy games are. The emoji dialogue is easy to understand and sets it apart from other games. The grind isn't that bad either and once there are more scenes it will feel less grindy anyways. It feels a lot more rewarding when you have to do something to get to the scenes and not just click through walls of text.
Thank you! You have very accurately captured one of the ideas of the game. The connection between the player and the character appears only after the effort invested in their story, in their relationship. (y)

While I did notice myself getting more drops per harvest as time went on, this was not clear at all. I thought it was from making better tools. You should probably do something to communicate this (and maybe tie it to tools after all since that would make for clear, discrete steps that fit in with how upgrading your home increases your storage capacity).
Yes, I fully agree with this, but I didn't come up with the proper UI to show skill progression yet. We don't want to make UI more complex than it is. The idea of the tools instead of the skill is interesting, I'll think about it, thanks!

How long does the damn storm last? also are the more then 9 emoji for the language training?
There is a lack of the hint in this place. After all current words are known, you need just to repeat night minigames for several times and the chapter will end by the scene. We'll add some hints there, thank you!

Great Game, its Balanced Well, a bit more hints could help as a option I personally enjoyed the working out the puzzle's
I agree. When we test the game, we know right away what to do, so sometimes we skip places where hints would be useful. In this respect, players come to the rescue. We'll add a hint in the current chapter, in the place where all the current words are learned and it's not clear what to do next. If there are more suggestions, just write us!

I like the fact that this game does not have bad English, but I don't speak emoji so some of the meanings are lost on me, an in game emoji lexicon would be useful.
We are experimenting with the English translation, but no promises yet. As for emoji lexicon/dictionary — interesting idea! At least we may do this as web page!

asmodeev Since the mc can see the storm coming and it can literally kill him, how about giving him some thoughts where he is thinking what is needed to survive inside the hut for a while. For instance he thinks about the bamboo for the fire with a number next to it. Getting Bamboo costs quite some health as you have to travel more screens to get it. Same goes for Banana's and Coconuts.
There are dreams in the previous chapter about it, yes. But they are focused on the food, I think we should add bamboo there too, thank you!

Can someone tell me what the requirements to play this game or if only works on recent OS? Because when i enter it crash, i cant play.
You may send me log.txt from the game directory, so I try to figure out cause of the problem. It should work on Windows Vista+, Linux and MacOS. Your graphics card should support OpenGL2/ANGLE, that's a pretty common thing if it's not very old.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer
3.40 star(s) 76 Votes