Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
man its so hard to get points from catgirl i tried every food but still cant find out which food is gonna fill the gauge
The key in this minigame is to move her closer to you step by step. So pay attention to where you throw that food :)
Completion be achieved in around 5 steps or even less. She tries to move as far from her previous limit as she like what you throw at her and how far you throw it after the previous try.

Aug 4, 2018
The key in this minigame is to move her closer to you step by step. So pay attention to where you throw that food :)
Completion be achieved in around 5 steps or even less. She tries to move as far from her previous limit as she like what you throw at her and how far you throw it after the previous try.
so i have to throw my food closer to me as i try more?

jimploke

Mar 23, 2021
Great looking game and cool design and concept but the mini games are bloody terrible and ruin an otherwise good game.

Reactions: Re18Culo

jimploke

Mar 23, 2021
What's so terrible about them?
They seem so unnecessary. Take the fishing one for example once you cross the water where the plane has crashed. What's that all about? It just doesn't work. Well at least I haven't got it to work yet, and there is scant explanation. The teaching catgirl to communicate is also terrible. So time consuming with a mini game that adds nothing really. Don't get me wrong, I'm not just cussing the game. On a forum elsewhere I wrote that the game has one of the best game designs, mechanics and graphics I'd seen in a renpy game but it's ruined by the frustrating mini games. I see there is an option to turn the mini game off in some of the fishing, but an option to turn them all off would be a blessing.

Reactions: redliight

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
They seem so unnecessary. Take the fishing one for example once you cross the water where the plane has crashed. What's that all about? It just doesn't work. Well at least I haven't got it to work yet, and there is scant explanation. The teaching catgirl to communicate is also terrible. So time consuming with a mini game that adds nothing really. Don't get me wrong, I'm not just cussing the game. On a forum elsewhere I wrote that the game has one of the best game designs, mechanics and graphics I'd seen in a renpy game but it's ruined by the frustrating mini games. I see there is an option to turn the mini game off in some of the fishing, but an option to turn them all off would be a blessing.
Thank you for the extended feedback! Do you play on Android?

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
On windows.
Hm, ok, so I may assume it's not a technical problem of any sort, thanks.

Some of the games are essential for the game as they are game content. For example, if we remove all night games with the Cat and the Tonya, what will be left? We understood from the start that some of the games get boring with time and added a skip button for them, as you note. We are experimenting with alternative learning game mechanics also and we are open to any suggestions, much of it is already in the game. But to turn off all minigames from Tame It! means turn off Tame It! itself :unsure: as it is one of the founding features of the game.

If you don't like minigames at all it's one case and if minigames in Tame It! are bad for your liking — completely another. We can't fix the first, but we are working on the second and open to new suggestions to improve them. (y)

tttt00006

Sep 30, 2017
That strategy is working for survival?
I can't manage to gather materials for a roof before freezing to death.
There's coconut and banana only (and non of them working), or i miss something?
I take take one healing plant on day 1, and click on crabs and birds but nothing happened.
Banana strat give me 1 action every 3 days and replenish water take 1 every 4 days, leaving 1 action for gather materials per 12 days.
Coconut strat just leaving you hungry every day, providing no free actions at all.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
That strategy is working for survival?
I can't manage to gather materials for a roof before freezing to death.
There's coconut and banana only (and non of them working), or i miss something?
I take take one healing plant on day 1, and click on crabs and birds but nothing happened.
Banana strat give me 1 action every 3 days and replenish water take 1 every 4 days, leaving 1 action for gather materials per 12 days.
Coconut strat just leaving you hungry every day, providing no free actions at all.
No he do not. Is he must be totally full? When I can't manage to get food and water bars full before he dies by cold.
I like your math approach (y)

On the first chapter you get 2 action points per day. You may get bananas or coconuts (hunting will be available after crafting the spear). There is a different count of drop on the different spots. Difficulty settings, character luck, skill (skill grows with the number of completed tasks by type) and RNG also used in calculation of drop. For starters, we may assume that there will be mostly 3 bananas and 3 coconuts (coconuts also has a non-100% chance of appearing).

Each banana gives you +15 food for now (it may be changed later as we rebalance things from time to time)
Each coconut gives you +10 food, +10 water and 2 coconut bowl that you may use to collect water (and don't spend AP for drink later)
Each day Lee lost 25 food and 35 water. Each day he restores 1hp. While freezing he will lose 10hp at first (9, to be precise, because of 1hp restoring) and 5hp (4 in absolute numbers) after you build the leavesbed.

So 1 AP spent on food gathering will restore more food per day than you lose and with water gathering food and water will not be much problem after a couple of days. And you have 2 AP per day in the first chapter, so you may gather building materials each day.
The real problem is hp as it not easily restored (just like in real life). Chances of seaweed appearing are 20% per day so you can't count on it and it forces you to concentrate on building the hovel.

If there is a problem in my calculations or I forget something, please correct me, maybe we'll improve that chapter together. It should give the player feeling of survival, but it shouldn't kill him. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

tttt00006

Sep 30, 2017
So 1 AP spent on food gathering will restore more food per day than you lose
1AP give you 15 FP or 10FP/10WP. There's low chance to get double drop as you describe, but in all runs i get it 1 time, so it can't be considerable option. You lose 25 FP each day. You need 2 AP to get 30FP, which give you 5 FP/day, and free AP each 3 days. (This is that i describe before).
So long, i found no food strat most close to survival, which allow me to gather all resourses for tent (it takes 12 AP to complete) but Lee dies from hunger.
On other runs i can't find seawed at all, so i conclude that to survive on hard diff you need to reroll start to appear 2 seaweed in 7 days (on 8 you die, and I still didn't manage this, btw.). You can add hard spawn seaweed in 1 and 7 day on hard diff, so savescam was not the only option to progress in that diff.
UPD:
skill grows with the number of completed tasks by type
I manage to up skill for coconut palm to gather 2 coconuts per day (For one of them. Other palm still drop only one nut), but without seweed, Lee turns into cold corpse anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
1AP give you 15 FP or 10FP/10WP. There's low chance to get double drop as you describe, but in all runs i get it 1 time, so it can't be considerable option. You lose 25 FP each day. You need 2 AP to get 30FP, which give you 5 FP/day, and free AP each 3 days. (This is that i describe before).
So long, i found no food strat most close to survival, which allow me to gather all resourses for tent (it takes 12 AP to complete) but Lee dies from hunger.
On other runs i can't find seawed at all, so i conclude that to survive on hard diff you need to reroll start to appear 2 seaweed in 7 days (on 8 you die). You can add hard spawn seaweed in 1 and 7 day on hard diff, so savescam was not the only option to progress in that diff.
1 AP give you 45+FP and 30+FP/WP

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Ah, I see that you play on hard diff, let me check numbers there, maybe there are some problems :unsure:

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Is there an end point for v0.7.1? Also is it possible more than one blue fish? The first time I did fishing at the second location, I caught one blue fish and an old shoe. After this it has been only red fish, no matter if I do it or on auto.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Is there an end point for v0.7.1? Also is it possible more than one blue fish? The first time I did fishing at the second location, I caught one blue fish and an old shoe. After this it has been only red fish, no matter if I do it or on auto.
Yes and yes! First time you got 100% chance of blue fish on the first spot, later is 50% for normal difficulty and 80% for easy per game on one of the spots. On auto mode, you can't get any unusual catch

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Yes and yes! First time you got 100% chance of blue fish on the first spot, later is 50% for normal difficulty and 80% for easy per game on one of the spots. On auto mode, you can't get any unusual catch
Got the ending scene, glad it wasn't too much of a grind. The only problem is you cannot save before the game kicks you back to the main menu. Also the fishing gave other items (yellow fish, pearls, purple bra?), guessing these will be useful later.

Reactions: Asmodeev
3.40 star(s) 76 Votes