Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Got the ending scene, glad it wasn't too much of a grind. The only problem is you cannot save before the game kicks you back to the main menu. Also the fishing gave other items (yellow fish, pearls, purple bra?), guessing these will be useful later.
Yep, some of it is already useful, but we'll add more meaning for them later.

As for the saving, there is autosave each game day, and I think we'll add an autosave point before the outro, thanks for the idea.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
asmodeev I have been thinking about the comments for the use of Emoji's and like to make this suggestion. The mc can't talk and uses signlanguage instead which is expressed by Emojis. This is also needed to communicate with Cat so that can stay the way it is. However the Girl Pilot can talk and does so in English followed by the current Emojis to make the mc understand. This way it's clear to the gamer why emojis are used and it will be clarified which emoji means what by the girl pilot. Plus when they meet on the deserted island somewhere the speaking part with the Girl Pilot will return. She just knows signlanguage so she can easily communicate with Cat as well when needed.

Reactions: Asmodeev

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Is it just 11 words we teach catgirl? Also how many sentences are there with the emoji's? I have a list o f 5, but one of this catgirl and a red octagon (looks like a stop sign)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
asmodeev I have been thinking about the comments for the use of Emoji's and like to make this suggestion. The mc can't talk and uses signlanguage instead which is expressed by Emojis. This is also needed to communicate with Cat so that can stay the way it is. However the Girl Pilot can talk and does so in English followed by the current Emojis to make the mc understand. This way it's clear to the gamer why emojis are used and it will be clarified which emoji means what by the girl pilot. Plus when they meet on the deserted island somewhere the speaking part with the Girl Pilot will return. She just knows signlanguage so she can easily communicate with Cat as well when needed.
That's an interesting idea, but it breaks one of the goals of emojis. We wanted to make universal communication that may be understood all over the world without translation and if one of the characters will speak in English, then we need to translate it to other languages as well. So in the "words" variant, it doesn't matter if Lee can talk or not, there may be a full conversation between characters (except Cat, of course), but in the "emojis" variant we're just bound to make all in the emojis. But I like the idea that Lee can't talk and this is some cool justification of emojis. (y)
Too bad that we already wrote some lines for him for the English version. :LOL:

Is it just 11 words we teach catgirl? Also how many sentences are there with the emoji's? I have a list o f 5, but one of this catgirl and a red octagon (looks like a stop sign)
Some of the words are permanent, they always visible in the dialogue, others are contextual, they appear only in one or several chapters.
There are 9 words in the fifth chapter, 11 in the six (6 of those are from fifth) and 11 will be in the seven chapter (8 are from the sixth)
There are more than 100 word combinations that Cat may understand but only several of them adds to the shortcut list as they more useful than just chit-chat. This list is not fully developed yet, for example, we removed "fear" words from it in the next update. There may be 6 sentences as for 0.8.0 and iirc there was up to 7 in previous versions.
As for the red octagon — this is a bug, which means that there is some word without an image. May I ask you to send me save file with it? I'll check what word is it and we'll add an image for it or remove it if it shouldn't be there.
In the next update, unknown words will be visible in the dialogue window as question marks so you always will know if there are more unopened or not.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
1AP give you 15 FP or 10FP/10WP. There's low chance to get double drop as you describe, but in all runs i get it 1 time, so it can't be considerable option. You lose 25 FP each day. You need 2 AP to get 30FP, which give you 5 FP/day, and free AP each 3 days. (This is that i describe before).
So long, i found no food strat most close to survival, which allow me to gather all resourses for tent (it takes 12 AP to complete) but Lee dies from hunger.
On other runs i can't find seawed at all, so i conclude that to survive on hard diff you need to reroll start to appear 2 seaweed in 7 days (on 8 you die, and I still didn't manage this, btw.). You can add hard spawn seaweed in 1 and 7 day on hard diff, so savescam was not the only option to progress in that diff.
UPD: I manage to up skill for coconut palm to gather 2 coconuts per day (For one of them. Other palm still drop only one nut), but without seweed, Lee turns into cold corpse anyway.
I have not forgotten about you, we are in the preparation and testing of the next update right now, so I also checked this matter and you are right, there is only 1 coconut/bananas on hard difficulty (and zero skill) per AP. That's not survivable of course and we'll fix it for 0.8.0. Thank you for your consideration (y)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Dev, anyway to convice you to add words to JUST the save and load function? I keep messing up.
Yes, there will be tooltips on hover on these buttons, but not in the closest update as this system is not ready yet. And confirm dialogs will be on English in the English version of the game.

Reactions: redraw

Azazeres

Feb 8, 2018
If you don't like minigames at all it's one case and if minigames in Tame It! are bad for your liking — completely another. We can't fix the first, but we are working on the second and open to new suggestions to improve them. (y)
I have an idea for the language teaching minigame. I think perhaps a cipher, or a simple change in alphabet from the latin to the greek would make the whole thing a lot less tedious. The clicking over and over is kind of annoying as a concept, and, as a (horrible) flamenco guitarist, painful.

So the example we'll use is apple(I have to use C terms, because I only know C, badly):
The latin letters will first fall across the screen in much the same way.
We check(however you're already checking) for each letter as a subset of the struct leeApple_st, and also check for the struct itself.
After the necessary letters have been filled in, we switch alphabets(greek for simplicity) making it αππλε(straight conversion, adding complexity even for speakers of greek and english.
We now check for catApple_st and its contained variables.
Once catApple_st is found, it should be found for every instance.

I hope this makes sense, I'm very tired, I came onto the computer to nut, and instead found myself spending entirely too much effort on a suggestion that kind of flies in the face of the game's glyphy gimmick.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I have an idea for the language teaching minigame. I think perhaps a cipher, or a simple change in alphabet from the latin to the greek would make the whole thing a lot less tedious. The clicking over and over is kind of annoying as a concept, and, as a (horrible) flamenco guitarist, painful.

So the example we'll use is apple(I have to use C terms, because I only know C, badly):
The latin letters will first fall across the screen in much the same way.
We check(however you're already checking) for each letter as a subset of the struct leeApple_st, and also check for the struct itself.
After the necessary letters have been filled in, we switch alphabets(greek for simplicity) making it αππλε(straight conversion, adding complexity even for speakers of greek and english.
We now check for catApple_st and its contained variables.
Once catApple_st is found, it should be found for every instance.

I hope this makes sense, I'm very tired, I came onto the computer to nut, and instead found myself spending entirely too much effort on a suggestion that kind of flies in the face of the game's glyphy gimmick.
It's a good idea, too bad we can't use real words/letters in the puzzle as the Tame It! concept dictates that it should be understandable without knowledge of the Latin alphabet or English words. But I like the idea and we should use it somewhere (y)

For now, I can say that we already have a prototype of the teaching game in puzzle-style. It's very fast playing and simple and I hope we'll introduce it around 0.9.0

Reactions: redraw

Azazeres

Feb 8, 2018
For now, I can say that we already have a prototype of the teaching game in puzzle-style. It's very fast playing and simple and I hope we'll introduce it around 0.9.0
I almost immediately understood that my suggestion was essentially unusable. As I said, I was very tired.
Anyways, very glad that you're changing the teaching minigame up! My ligaments thank you!

• Red Heart

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
hi just played it love the game and the art style, but whats the last thing you can do? I gave the cat the special fish with honey the first time :)

• Red Heart

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
hi just played it love the game and the art style, but whats the last thing you can do? I gave the cat the special fish with honey the first time :)
Hi! Thank you for the feedback! You may treat her one more time after that and that'll be end of 0.7.* :) You'll see outro scene and credits, so you won't miss the end of the content :)
And 0.8.1 is almost ready, we plan to release it on the next week :giggle:

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
uki imma wait for the update. btw where do i get the second special fish? is it the same place and its just rng or am i missing something? :)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
uki imma wait for the update. btw where do i get the second special fish? is it the same place and its just rng or am i missing something? :)
Yep, same place, there is chance 50% on normal difficulty and 80% on easier difficulties that it may appear in one try on the lake. And in 0.8.1 we added improving of the chances with each try without that fish.

• Red Heart
Reactions: potatoezzz

komanoto

Apr 17, 2018
I must say that I love this project, the drawings are fantastic and the mechanics are very interesting, I think I will donate on patreon as soon as possible, but I can't stand waiting for the next update, any spoilers on the release dates of the next updates?

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
34_tonya_sos_16.jpg

0.8.1 public

Greetings, friends!
We are happy to show you the new chapter of Tame It!

What awaits you in this chapter:
Something strange is happening on the lake, a worried Cat is trying to draw your attention to it. At the same time, you can't stop thinking about the recently discovered plane and Tonya, who might have survived the crash. You need to somehow get into the plane and examine it thoroughly. But how can this be done?

Overall, the chapter turned out to be small in terms of the amount of new content, but important for the story and the development of the relationship with Cat. Also, in addition to the story content, a lot of edits were made (just look at the current changelog!).

For everyone who has been struggling with the emoji style narrative, we are pleased to announce that today we have released a preview of the English version for our patrons. If their feedback would be positive, we will continue to work on English version to add the texts to the main game version as an alternative translation soon.

We tried to fix the animation timings issue on Android, and we need to get your feedback because the number of devices that we could use for testing is limited. Let us remind you that the problem was that some players using the Android version had a lot of lag in fishing and training Cat. This should be better now.

Some changes have been made in hunting: now, with a good relationship with you, the Cat will help you hunt. Along with this, we've made hunting a little easier for normal and easy difficulty levels.

Speaking of difficulty levels: we've made life a little easier for players who prefer to play at the maximum difficulty level and now playing on it should not be completely unbearable.
In the dialogue box, you can finally unlock the last tab, which can be used to ask Cat for... something. Check it out yourself ;) Over time, there will be more actions available in this tab.
We continue to work on the compatibility of saves from previous versions of the game. Thus, the saves from versions 0.6.* and 0.7.* should be compatible with version 0.8.1.

Among other things, in this version we’ve added an alternative teaching mini-game for a Cat, l2d animations into peeping games in chapters 3 and 4, and also enabled l2d animations on Android.

You may need to remove the old Android version before installing the new one. Don’t forget to make a backup of your saves! You could find them here: Android/data/games.manka.tameit/files/saves

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S. Thank you, moderator, for updating the first post, I was shocked to see it updated :D

komanoto , 0.8.1 is released, we are working on the 0.9.0 and plan to release it this month

kcmcgill75 just try to catch it on the lake, there is a pure random (50% per fishing) on the 0.7 version and increasing chance to catch it (50%+) in the 0.8 version

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes