Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Seriously, every time I do the mind connecting game, I can never get the last line to click on her. I've followed the lines using the Alt+Shift+M shortcut and tried many different variations of connecting them so they don't overlap, but it always stops at her.
Looks like a bug. Is this problem appears only on that "map" or on any other too?
I just checked this "map", it's working, but I believe that it may break in some cases. I'll try to reproduce it, if you have any information about how to do it — it'll be great. Does restarting the game solve the problem?
And I may assume that you play in the last version of the game?

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Then what does it mean? Do you follow firefly's to the hut? You reply to post but you don't give answers. It all seems perfectly clear to you but a lot of us obviously aren't getting it.
Yep, this is a problem, because we translating literal terms into emojis and sometimes it won't be as easy to translate it back. But we have a tester for that, he gets all emoji lines and gives us his interpretation of them. All he knows is the context, like "this message will appear when you click on fireflies in the inventory". If he can describe the line close enough, we put it to the game. But of course this method is not perfect, all people think differently. It's fun because sometimes players understood lines not as we wrote them and their interpretations are better than ours. I was delighted to see it, you create something and it becomes better just because someone has a sharper mind than you or just thinks differently.

But let's return to the fireflies. You click on them, nothing happens and Lee thinks "fireflies => home", maybe try it at home? This very straightforward thought will be successful even though it does not accurately reflect the meaning of the line.
What we wanted to say here (and what will be in the English version of the game) is "Maybe I should let them out at the house".
How would you show it in emoji? It'll be great if your suggestion will be better than the default one, we'll smooth one sharp edge in the game then. Because I agree, the game should be fun and not frustrating.

THARAKA1984

Apr 8, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to recover health.the health seeds at beach doesn't appear more often.is their any other way to recover health.

xBlaBlaBlax

Jul 19, 2017
thoughts

1. fishing minigame is the most annoying because it is the most cumbersome to play and is at the same time the most important one
2. why do they not start spooning at night once they know each other better, asdlfkjhasld
3. why does this dingus go for the big tiddy sea thot when he has a perfectly adorable catgirlfriend
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

syh653

Mar 5, 2018
thoughts

3. why does this dingus go for the big tiddy sea thot when he has a perfectly adorable catgirlfriend
I KNOW. She has pointy bits to reinforce how dumb he's being to her, yet he's STILL a boob-addled idiot. At least they are back on speaking terms. Will not-so-shaggy Lee learn? Probably not--especially when he reunites with Tonya. o_O

On the emoji topic, I've grown fond of them. How else would you communicate with a catgirl on a tropical island? :D

Speaking of communicating, I noticed in this most recent update the "click on the falling items" minigame was back when teaching Cat. Setting aside my trackpad skills, I preferred the "link items in Cat's brain" minigame because, well, that's how I envision teaching and learning working.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Asmodeev

jardinier

May 12, 2020
i dont understand the stealth mini game, but i will give it a go
Use the arrows in the numeric keypad. If Octa don't look left use →. If Octa begin to look left use ↓ .
In the second part, if the ! mark is near the right end of the up screen bar, hide behind the stalagmite column on the left or the right end of the screen and come back in the center of the screen after.
Hasta luego Hombre.

Last edited:

THARAKA1984

Apr 8, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to recover health.the health seeds at beach doesn't appear more often.is their any other way to recover health

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
Use the arrows in the numeric keypad. If Octa don't look left use →. If Octa begin to look left use ↓ .
In the second part, if the ! mark is near the right end of the up screen bar, hide behind the stalagmite column on the left or the right end of the screen and come back in the center of the screen after.
Hasta luego Hombre.
yeah i actually realized it, done the thing, really nice job.

wow that cat ass, ooohh mama...

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
Hasta luego Hombre.
spiki panish? ma coscao hora pispo :eek:

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
thoughts

1. fishing minigame is the most annoying because it is the most cumbersome to play and is at the same time the most important one
2. why do they not start spooning at night once they know each other better, asdlfkjhasld
1. I'm thinking about an alternative fishing minigame for a change. If I come up with the puzzle-like idea with easy implementation, we'll bring it in the game :unsure:
2. Hm, you are right, we may do it, we'll discuss it!
3. Perhaps Lee doesn't see Cat as his girlfriend, but treats her like a pet, despite all the mutual love. In this respect, his attachment to Tonya may be higher than his relationship with either Cat or Octa.
4. That's a great idea! I can't promise it, but I wrote it down (y)

don't know what to do anymore i'm chapter 6 with progress 75% I have 2 and a half heart for the catgirl but excpet from giving her as a gift the special fish and giving her to eat honey..... 6 days and hearts don't progress and sometimes go down help pls thx ;)
Mix big fish with honey at the crafting screen and give her the result, it should do the trick (y)

Can anyone tell me how to recover health.the health seeds at beach doesn't appear more often.is their any other way to recover health
The easiest way is by seaweed. It can be found not only on the beach (there is only a 20% chance + luck modifier per day) but also caught on the lake (15% chance per fishing). The second and more common option is sleeping in the bungalow, as it increases health by 10 points per day.

Speaking of communicating, I noticed in this most recent update the "click on the falling items" minigame was back when teaching Cat. Setting aside my trackpad skills, I preferred the "link items in Cat's brain" minigame because, well, that's how I envision teaching and learning working.
Yep, this behavior isn't very clear and we need to work on it. We make it so each word has its difficulty value and "raining" teaching game is used on easiest words, but "puzzle" is used on all others. And we added "octa" word, it is the easiest word (as Octa herself should learn it one of the first). So Cat returned to that minigame for this word. We may change it in the future maybe even in the next update

Reactions: syh653

Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
While that was nearly the longest I've grinded in a while, the game was overall pretty great. I could do with a little less grind, though.

The emoji chat at the start made absolutely zero sense. As a Gen X'er, I didn't grow up with this BS, so it was rough at first. However, for conversations with Ms. Catgirl, it makes perfect sense. I really wish there was real dialog elsewhere.

One thing I think should be in the game is some sort of guidance. If you still need to create item ABC, show the simple set of emoji for it. If the character thinks it needs to go check out area XYZ, an updated emoji guiding you there should be displayed. This will keep people from repeating lots of things they don't have to.

I was busy trying to get Cat Girl to 5 hearts, thinking it would initiate something. I had no idea all I had to do was go back to the plane and start the grappling hook process.

I was obsessed with the plane when I didn't need to be. After about the 20th day post fuselage-drop, I finally went fishing and ended up going through the final part of this update.

Avoiding these types of unnecessary rabbit holes would really help the users in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for the detailed feedback!

While that was nearly the longest I've grinded in a while, the game was overall pretty great. I could do with a little less grind, though.
Yep, we plan to do rebalance pretty soon. I can't promise that the game will be an easy ride after that but we'll try to smoothen some hard-grind places.

The emoji chat at the start made absolutely zero sense. As a Gen X'er, I didn't grow up with this BS, so it was rough at first. However, for conversations with Ms. Catgirl, it makes perfect sense. I really wish there was really dialog elsewhere.
I'm from gen X myself, and I may tell that emojis got a cold reception even at younger generations. Why? It's a lot of guesswork. But the main idea was to reach people that may not know any popular language or maybe can't read at all. And to sew that idea with the gameplay to make it look natural. And we succeed with that, for example, there were more than 150k downloads from Myanmar, and I think it's great even if it had no benefit for us.

One thing I think should be in the game is some sort of guidance. If you still need to create item ABC, show the simple set of emoji for it. If the character thinks it needs to go check out area XYZ, an updated emoji guiding you there should be displayed. This will keep people from repeating lots of things they don't have to.

I was busy trying to get

I was obsessed with the
when I didn't need to be. After about the 20th day

Avoiding these types of unnecessary rabbit holes would really help the users in the end.
There are guide hints, really. Maybe they're too subtle or players tend to skip them along with Lee's whining about water and food. But actually, Lee dreams about what to do next. Some dreams are on odd nights, some on even and important dreams he has every night. With this, we try to remind players what they need to do to progress.
I believe there are some places where that hints are missing or not clear, so direct references to issues, like that with the grappling hook, are very helpful. We'll review that places and add more dreams or make them clearer.

We're also thinking about adding a questlog to the game, but there's no consensus among the team on this matter, so I'm not sure we should expect it.
Maybe we'll add more explicit indications in some places if the player spends a lot of time on a particular task. On the other hand, everyone has a different pace and I've seen some players be very reluctant to progress through the story, mostly engaged in gathering and hunting.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
So you write a script then translate it into emojis right? So why do you need to rewrite the actual English portion if you still have the script?
By "translate it back" I mean the process of understanding the meaning of the phrase by the player, not by us.

Why don't we use the original script in the English version?
Because initially it's written to be translated into emojis (clear terms, no abstractions, no verbosity, etc). Moreover, it's written not in the English language.

Emoji script:
1633460052310.png

English version is adapted to be more detailed but still keeps the narrative short as it's also one of the required features here:
1633460139008.png

xBlaBlaBlax

Jul 19, 2017
1. I'm thinking about an alternative fishing minigame for a change. If I come up with the puzzle-like idea with easy implementation, we'll bring it in the game :unsure:
2. Hm, you are right, we may do it, we'll discuss it!
3. Perhaps Lee doesn't see Cat as his girlfriend, but treats her like a pet, despite all the mutual love. In this respect, his attachment to Tonya may be higher than his relationship with either Cat or Octa.
4. That's a great idea! I can't promise it, but I wrote it down (y)
1. Its a shame because I think the current implementation fits well thematically. The problem is that renpy limitations make it awkward to use (the two sliders). If you could instead control it entirely with the mouse (position determines direction, length of click determines strength) it would be a lot better. But also, you just need to do a fair bit of fishing because you need some of the random rewards (blue fish, pearls?). I suggest at the very least introducing a separate pearl diving minigame once those actually become important.
4. Didn't expect that. May I suggest using the random background poses, if you do end up going with that?

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes