PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Just wanted to add to the generally positive comments. Quite fun so far. I appreciate you actually got a game to play; the art is great, I like the survival-theme, there's nothing that I found really annoying or to be an obvious bug or anything of that sort. And for once I can't even complain about the writing 'cause there is none (in emoji mode, of course ;) ).

Now, I don't know what scope is planned for the game, what was already discussed on the previous 60 pages, what's in development anyway, etc., but a few observations-slash-suggestions from my playthrough:

- More music. Okay, I think this one is kinda obvious, but different locations and/or scenes should have different music, esp. as there's not so much writing to set the mood.
- One thing I absolutely appreciate is how the main character turns more "survival hobo" as the story progresses, other games tend to kinda ignore that you wouldn't look freshly showered and dressed up after a few days or weeks in the wild. I understand that that's probably too much extra work, art-wise and so on, but in that regard the girls feel a bit too clean. Perhaps they'd later be more "civilized" and sorted out, but a catgirl fresh out the jungle ... probably shouldn't quite like that at the start ^^;
- I played on difficulty 3 so I don't know whether this is changed on 4 anyway; but just for this mode specifically I thought coconuts and bananas were a bit too good and too available. I don't know what other people say about the game and whether they struggle, but personally I'd consider removing some of the gathering spots and/or make it take longer to regrow and/or reduce how much hunger/thirst those give (also to make cooking more useful). But to be honest, balancing can be done in the end, so nothing too critical.
- Somewhat related, but I thought the thirst stat is a bit pointless / doesn't quite feel like it makes sense. Gathering food costs time, I get that, but if you have fresh water right there ... you basically should automatically fill that stat every time you walk by it and are thirsty ^^; It'd make sense if you had to for example boil the water first, then it's a limited resource, or if you needed it for longer expeditions on the island, but as it's right now it feels a bit meh to me. Also, dunno whether that's been brought up before, but maybe building a barrel/some water container for inside the house could be an option. Then an action can be keeping that filled up, and as long as there's enough in there, thirst is automatically full, and you can cook.
- Minigames are okay but I can't say I found any of them, like, fun fun. I honestly don't have any specific fix for this. But it'd be great if there'd be a bit more to them, however that'd work (or the ability to build traps at some point; I mean, why stop with the net after the experimentations, you can catch fish like that ... and crab pot exists and I'm sure those birds can also be caught). Maybe that's a thing for the future anyway.

Well, that's why longer than my fundamental "I enjoyed the game" message, as always. So don't get the post wrong, if the game continues as is I think that's perfectly fine too ;)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Just wanted to add to the generally positive comments. Quite fun so far. I appreciate you actually got a game to play; the art is great, I like the survival-theme, there's nothing that I found really annoying or to be an obvious bug or anything of that sort. And for once I can't even complain about the writing 'cause there is none (in emoji mode, of course ;) ).

Now, I don't know what scope is planned for the game, what was already discussed on the previous 60 pages, what's in development anyway, etc., but a few observations-slash-suggestions from my playthrough:
Thank you for your feedback!

- More music. Okay, I think this one is kinda obvious, but different locations and/or scenes should have different music, esp. as there's not so much writing to set the mood.
We added one more track recently, it will be in 0.13.1 and it will create an additional atmosphere in chapters 5 and 11. There are some more drafts, but I can't say if they'll get into the game :)
We tried to make different tracks for locations but as a player spends not a very long time on each location, the music change would be annoying, so this moment was simplified.

- One thing I absolutely appreciate is how the main character turns more "survival hobo" as the story progresses, other games tend to kinda ignore that you wouldn't look freshly showered and dressed up after a few days or weeks in the wild. I understand that that's probably too much extra work, art-wise and so on, but in that regard the girls feel a bit too clean. Perhaps they'd later be more "civilized" and sorted out, but a catgirl fresh out the jungle ... probably shouldn't quite like that at the start ^^;
Yes, the visual and mind transformation of Lee is one of the features, but as for girls, they need to be appealed to gamers too, so it was the consensus. However, there is an interesting nuance, the Octa also changes its appearance, but these changes are driven by her mood. We would also like to introduce more appearance controls, such as clothing, but that will probably be in the sequel.

- I played on difficulty 3 so I don't know whether this is changed on 4 anyway; but just for this mode specifically I thought coconuts and bananas were a bit too good and too available. I don't know what other people say about the game and whether they struggle, but personally I'd consider removing some of the gathering spots and/or make it take longer to regrow and/or reduce how much hunger/thirst those give (also to make cooking more useful). But to be honest, balancing can be done in the end, so nothing too critical.
Hah, you're the first who says that there is a lot of food. And I was thinking it's something wrong with the team and the testers :p
The game is hard on the hardest difficulty, sometimes really hard, it needs to be worked on. On normal (3) it's just fine and on easy there are tons of resources, so it should be fine for players who don't like any grind.
As for the balance, we're working on it right now and I think this process will be continued until the final release and after it :)

- Somewhat related, but I thought the thirst stat is a bit pointless / doesn't quite feel like it makes sense. Gathering food costs time, I get that, but if you have fresh water right there ... you basically should automatically fill that stat every time you walk by it and are thirsty ^^; It'd make sense if you had to for example boil the water first, then it's a limited resource, or if you needed it for longer expeditions on the island, but as it's right now it feels a bit meh to me. Also, dunno whether that's been brought up before, but maybe building a barrel/some water container for inside the house could be an option. Then an action can be keeping that filled up, and as long as there's enough in there, thirst is automatically full, and you can cook.
Yeah, that's why the thirst was removed for Cat and Octa. We thought about boiling, maybe we'll return to it. For now, the idea of gathering water is more like filtering, but without any devices.
A barrel is a good idea, thank you, I'll discuss it with the team! (y)
P.S. Why not remove the thirst for Lee? It'll lower the survival element to the level where its significance in the gameplay would be less than desired. But I'm sure that we'll rework survival features in the sequel.

- Minigames are okay but I can't say I found any of them, like, fun fun. I honestly don't have any specific fix for this. But it'd be great if there'd be a bit more to them, however that'd work (or the ability to build traps at some point; I mean, why stop with the net after the experimentations, you can catch fish like that ... and crab pot exists and I'm sure those birds can also be caught). Maybe that's a thing for the future anyway.
Yep, minigames need to be worked on tightly to make them fun, but they are not a key game element by themselves. They more like steps in a staircase of the story. There are a number of internal requirements for them and it's hard to come up with anything. I would love to add hunting with a spear and fishing with a net, for example.

As for traps, there has been a similar suggestion before and I like it. It could diversify the hunt and reduce grind. But so far on this subject we in the team have not come to a consensus. Maybe traps will appear after the release :unsure:

Well, that's why longer than my fundamental "I enjoyed the game" message, as always. So don't get the post wrong, if the game continues as is I think that's perfectly fine too ;)
Thanks again, it's helpful and your suggestions point to the right places (y)

Reactions: PyoT

Boby88

Dec 3, 2021
0.12 has been the last Public one. For future versions you can go to Steam or become a Patreon of Manka games. So for those who played for free that's all for now.
i really want to be patreon but im in Iran and Because the President of the United States has imposed sanctions on us and we can not make any foreign payments like PayPal or anything like that.

Reactions: masMalkar

BobMcBoberson

Feb 5, 2018
If anyone else got tired of the gathering loop after a while, if you enable the console using the normal mechanism for RenPy games, the following will set all items you own to their maximum available amount:

Code:
for item in inventory.owned_items_sorted():
    inventory.add_dict({item[0]: inventory.get_max(item[0]) - inventory.get_count(item[0]))
Just hit the Up Arrow + Enter to re-run it in the console any time you get a new item or get low on an existing item. You could also try replacing owned_items_sorted() with get_items() and it'll count for items you don't own, though not sure if having items you shouldn't yet could cause issues with the game.

Reactions: dragpz and zippydan

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Just hit the Up Arrow + Enter to re-run it in the console any time you get a new item or get low on an existing item. You could also try replacing owned_items_sorted() with get_items() and it'll count for items you don't own, though not sure if having items you shouldn't yet could cause issues with the game.
It can cause issues even in the given variant, as there are some checks for item count. So in some places story progression will skip stages (as you already have key items for the end of some chapter, so that chapter can be skipped) or stop the progression at all (while waiting until you spend all items of some type that need to be spent by the story).

If you want to make things easy — it's easy, just move the difficulty slider to the left :)
Or, if some particular place seems to bother, we can balance it out

P.S. I'm not against cheating, but it's always disappointing when players break their game and then report it as a bug. We spend time to find it, ask player`s save files, and bam, they're modified. Sh*t, it wasn't a bug.
P.P.S. Enabling developer mode changes the game probability checks as it is used for internal testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: matthewB

Emk54

Aug 10, 2019
I collected 10 pieces of metal from the plane, but I don't know how to get the piece in the first row and I am producing it.

I have one more question. This is my save file. I can only upgrade the house 3 times. If I try to upgrade it for the 4th time, it returns to its original state, what is the problem?

Last edited:

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I collected 10 pieces of metal from the plane, but I don't know how to get the piece in the first row and I am producing it.

I have one more question. This is my save file. I can only upgrade the house 3 times. If I try to upgrade it for the 4th time, it returns to its original state, what is the problem?
It's cool that your post comes right after I wrote about modifying save files or cheating the number of items can break the game :LOL:
Your game state is a mess, obligatory events were skipped, you have items that you can't have at all, etc. I can advise you to return to last unmodified save and continue from it. If you were stuck or need any help, I'm here, ready to help and to note what causes trouble to improve the game logic

Last edited:

lexxus

Oct 18, 2016
Could you tell me which items I should not have? I started the game again, I just changed the value of things like soup, stone, rope, stick and it's ok for now, I fought with the tiger and it was injured. What should I do next? The cat gives mc food, water and medicine but nothing happens, same every day.
you need to aquire the blade from the "puzzle" in the cave after giving octa the repaired compact (mirror) from your original post you seemed to be under the impression you needed airplane metal for this, you do not. Simply follow the event until the other monster girl shows up and its straight forward from there.

after the part with the jaguar and you are injured you just need to see the other girl for the extra help. I think this only happens once you depleated your own seaweed so if you cheated that value you fucked yourself.

Reactions: Asmodeev

Emk54

Aug 10, 2019
It's cool that your post comes right after I wrote about modifying save files or cheating the number of items can break the game :LOL:
Your game state is a mess, obligatory events were skipped, you have items that you can't have at all, etc. I can advise you to return to last unmodified save and continue from it. If you were stuck or need any help, I'm here, ready to help and to note what causes trouble to improve the game logic
Could you tell me which items I should not have? I started the game again, I just changed the value of things like soup, stone, rope, stick and it's ok for now, I fought with the tiger and it was injured. What should I do next? The cat gives mc food, water and medicine but nothing happens, same every day.
Something else, I think there is a problem in the game. After starting the new game, I collected 6 stones and it was evening. There were 7 stones in total in my inventory, I saved the game and exited, and when I came back, the game was automatically loaded from where I left off, but there was 1 stone in my inventory and it was daytime. I collected 6 more stones and saved the game. I went back to the main side and exited the game, entered again, there was no problem.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
In a normal playthrough, the medicine should end pretty fast, this is a trigger to progress ;)

Something else, I think there is a problem in the game. After starting the new game, I collected 6 stones and it was evening. There were 7 stones in total in my inventory, I saved the game and exited, and when I came back, the game was automatically loaded from where I left off, but there was 1 stone in my inventory and it was daytime. I collected 6 more stones and saved the game. I went back to the main side and exited the game, entered again, there was no problem.
Yes, it's a problem in the engine itself, the game state changed only when you change the current location or some dialogue occurs. There are methods to fix it, but they have drawbacks, so we don't use them by now. But maybe we'll do it after deep testing. Thank you for the report!

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
sooo i had 2 blue fish, created a honey+fish with one and gifted the other than progressed the story. now i need to make another blue fish+honey but i couldn't go fishing as the cave took the place of the fishing for blue fish. tried to meddle with the save file to no avail, can some1 help me? i'm uploading my save file as well, thanks in advance.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
sooo i had 2 blue fish, created a honey+fish with one and gifted the other than progressed the story. now i need to make another blue fish+honey but i couldn't go fishing as the cave took the place of the fishing for blue fish. tried to meddle with the save file to no avail, can some1 help me? i'm uploading my save file as well, thanks in advance.
Lee lost his fishing pole while saving Cat from the water, make another one in the crafting menu :)

Reactions: ilozq

dond1

Jul 29, 2019
Just played the whole thing from start to finish and its pretty good. Sadly no pregnancy in the game yet and it most likely will be very long time till it happens in story. Maybe developer could add some kind of dream sequence where the cat or man sees dreams about it before it actually happens?

Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Just played the whole thing from start to finish and its pretty good. Sadly no pregnancy in the game yet and it most likely will be very long time till it happens in story. Maybe developer could add some kind of dream sequence where the cat or man sees dreams about it before it actually happens?
Cool idea, I'll discuss it with the team (y)

Anyone got an idea for the emoji comms with the catgirl? and the crashed plane part? need help
It's not a puzzle, but a communication tool, so there isn't a solution :)
As for the plane — progress your story, Lee find the way to get into it :)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019

Hi everyone!

The work on 0.14.0 is coming to an end, the only thing that keeps us from release is the lack of final scene animation, it’s still in work and I hope you understand that it's not something that can be sacrificed.

So for the next week we’ll finish this scene, integrate it into the game and test the build before showing it to you.

The previous weekly report raised a lot of questions about our future plans. As you may remember, in we told you that we were going to release Tame It! on Steam in the first quarter of 2022. After the release, we will assess the audience's interest in our game in order to make a decision about its continuation, probably on a different engine. Also, it's a good opportunity to take the game to another level, both visually and technically, as well as solve some gameplay issues.

After the 0.14.0 release and before the Steam release, we will be fine-tuning the game — texts, achievements, visual elements and minor bugs. I’m sure that this process will continue after the release too. Many scenes will get a non-interactive mode, some will be modified, so it may be interesting to play the game on Steam even after completing 0.14.0.

Surely you all want to know when the release will be, are you? We set the date for March 18, about a month from now.

What's going to happen next? We're planning a sequel, of course. All those ideas of yours and ours that could not fit on a small island with a Cat, Octa, should find realization there. But it's not just limited to Tame It! While there is no certainty of its success, we’ve started working on a new game, with no less original solutions and much more freedom. We’ll tell you about it very soon, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, there are only a few days left before the release of 0.14.0, and we're doing our best to show you the next chapter as soon as possible!

Thank you for your support and stay tuned! :cool:

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes