Temporary work around for Lewdpatcher

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
I just thought I would throw a suggestion out there to deal with Lewdpatcher being down right now. Since LP is a very basic website, with no log in required and a simple page structure, there's always a good chance that it was indexed by Google's spiders right up until it went down.

So, if you want to find a particular patch, then do a Google search for the game's name and include "Lewdpatcher". My example below is for the Ren'py game 'Parental Love'.

Step 1:

I searched for "Parental Love Lewdpatcher"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Step 2:

Click the 3 dots to the right of the link and then on the "About this Result" pop-up, click the "Cached" option in the lower right corner.

Step 3:

You'll now have Google's Cached save of the page, which will give you access to the links. (in most cases!) Some pages, with drop downs for the previous versions, etc, may not work as well in the cached results. But this should access 90% of the already published patches on LP. And, of course, it won't help with new updates since LP went down.

So, I hope this helps. And I hope Lewdpatcher is not down for good. (*fingers crossed*)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Since LP is a very basic website, with no log in required and a simple page structure, there's always a good chance that it was indexed by Google's spiders right up until it went down.
Or you just use the to access the site and browse it ; the seem to be complete.

You'll not be able to directly download the files, but it's not really difficult to fix this. When you click on a link (mediafire in this example), it will sent you to a page like this one:
wayback machine.jpg
from where you can easily copy the link.

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019

You'll not be able to directly download the files, but it's not really difficult to fix this. When you click on a link (mediafire in this example), it will sent you to a page like this one:
View attachment 1506316
Or that! Indeed hahaha! Thanks dude! ^^

Your links points to 18th of January 2021 though btw. But of course ain't hard to change the date. Just not sure that was the intention haha.

Oh and the furthest one is on the ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Lsardin

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021

View attachment 1506316
Ya, I have used the Wayback Machine to get stuff from dead websites. But I have noticed that it's not near as good now as it was a few years ago. Probably because the internet is growing exponentially and, without proper funding, a site like this is difficult to keep going.

For example, I had a gaming website from '98 that I ran. I had lost the archive of it on my HD, so I used the WBM and managed to rip almost all the pages and images. But now, when I go back to the same archive on WBM, I find all the pages have been filled in by spam.

Google cache, on the other hand, is probably the most up to date of any archive. If you look at the example i posted above, the cache file was from the night of November 15. Just hours before Lewdpatcher went down. I've noticed that, on my own websites, the Google spiders come and indexed the pages daily.. sometimes twice a day. The only real downside to the cache is that it won't persist forever. Eventually it will get rolled over. That's why I labelled this thread a temporary fix.

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Ya, I have used the Wayback Machine to get stuff from dead websites. But I have noticed that it's not near as good now as it was a few years ago. Probably because the internet is growing exponentially and, without proper funding, a site like this is difficult to keep going.

For example, I had a gaming website from '98 that I ran. I had lost the archive of it on my HD, so I used the WBM and managed to rip almost all the pages and images. But now, when I go back to the same archive on WBM, I find all the pages have been filled in by spam.

Google cache, on the other hand, is probably the most up to date of any archive. If you look at the example i posted above, the cache file was from the night of November 15. Just hours before Lewdpatcher went down. I've noticed that, on my own websites, the Google spiders come and indexed the pages daily.. sometimes twice a day. The only real downside to the cache is that it won't persist forever. Eventually it will get rolled over. That's why I labelled this thread a temporary fix.
Oh damn, interesting! Thanks for the additional info. Both have their advantages clearly.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Little pro tip about using Google's cache system.... In a lot of companies, the IT department firewalls websites it doesn't want it's employees to view when at work. If you happen to have a favourite proxy service you can use, this might get around those blocks. But in the company where I worked, the IT guy was a little smarter then the average joe and he blocked proxies as well.

HOWEVER, when you accessed the site using a cached Google page, you bypassed those filters. There's very few companies that will blacklist Google.com :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DoofusMan
May 13, 2018
Seems to me like LP isn't coming back, and that it's time for patches to be linked direct to the download source, assuming there's no reason why F95Z would forbid it.

Reactions: Peach101

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019

This takes you directly to the page with all 92 available patches. Sad to see so few on there but at least it is something.
Oh shit dude that's even better indeed, thanks!

Seems to me like LP isn't coming back, and that it's time for patches to be linked direct to the download source, assuming there's no reason why F95Z would forbid it.
Aw man that would suck, but yeah does feel that way though...

And the reason is most of these patches are for patching back in incest or loli stuff. The last one is the main issue I think.

Reactions: Health24
Jan 24, 2020
I just thought I would throw a suggestion out there to deal with Lewdpatcher being down right now. Since LP is a very basic website, with no log in required and a simple page structure, there's always a good chance that it was indexed by Google's spiders right up until it went down.

So, if you want to find a particular patch, then do a Google search for the game's name and include "Lewdpatcher". My example below is for the Ren'py game 'Parental Love'.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Click the 3 dots to the right of the link and then on the "About this Result" pop-up, click the "Cached" option in the lower right corner.

Step 3:

You'll now have Google's Cached save of the page, which will give you access to the links. (in most cases!) Some pages, with drop downs for the previous versions, etc, may not work as well in the cached results. But this should access 90% of the already published patches on LP. And, of course, it won't help with new updates since LP went down.

So, I hope this helps. And I hope Lewdpatcher is not down for good. (*fingers crossed*)
Your a genius!!

Kenrockkun

Aug 9, 2020

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Bro. you the best

Reactions: Peach101

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
I'm super curious to know what the hell happened with Lewdpatcher! Been digging into the WHOIS records but, of course, hit the wall that is Cloudflare. It doesn't seem that CloudFlare did anything though... otherwise, we wouldn't get that snapshot page. If CF had suspended or banned the account, there would be some other placeholder. Looks like the owners of the site just took the server offline and CF can't connect. /shrug

Funny thing though... while I was digging, I got the current valuations on the domains of Lewdpatcher and this site. The "Lewdpatcher.com" domain is worth $80 Grand.. not bad. But get this... This site's domain name is currently valued at $60 Million!! Granted, someone has to be willing to pay that, but damn! The traffic this place gets must be insane!

I got screwed royally once when I let one of my domains expire by mistake. It was for a small niche forum on motorcycles. I was out of the country doing a contract and the guy I left in charge didn't get the emails and by the time I noticed it, the 90 days had gone by. Because of these inflated cyber-pirate valuations, I would have had to pay almost $10,000 to get my domain back. I was only paying $7 per year for it for the previous 13 years ... arg!

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Sadly this work around not worked for the patch Im looking.
Ya, it's not a perfect fix.

I bet the one you needed was on a page that had a drop down menu for previous versions? Sadly, Google's crawlers are not that "intelligent" and don't cache Java/CSS drop down menus. And it's even worse with the Wayback Machine because even if you look at a capture done recently, when you click down to the game page, it might be a capture done months earlier. And a lot of these lewd patches get deleted, re-upped and updated constantly. So the links are always changing.

I kinda like it better how they do things on the Japanese game sites. All the files are encrypted (same as here mainly) but they also do not use proper names for the files. Instead they give them random numbers like R123456 or some such. That keeps them below the radar and pretty much off any search engine.

Reactions: DoofusMan

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I'm super curious to know what the hell happened with Lewdpatcher! Been digging into the WHOIS records but, of course, hit the wall that is Cloudflare. It doesn't seem that CloudFlare did anything though... otherwise, we wouldn't get that snapshot page. If CF had suspended or banned the account, there would be some other placeholder. Looks like the owners of the site just took the server offline and CF can't connect. /shrug

Funny thing though... while I was digging, I got the current valuations on the domains of Lewdpatcher and this site. The "Lewdpatcher.com" domain is worth $80 Grand.. not bad. But get this... This site's domain name is currently valued at $60 Million!! Granted, someone has to be willing to pay that, but damn! The traffic this place gets must be insane!

I got screwed royally once when I let one of my domains expire by mistake. It was for a small niche forum on motorcycles. I was out of the country doing a contract and the guy I left in charge didn't get the emails and by the time I noticed it, the 90 days had gone by. Because of these inflated cyber-pirate valuations, I would have had to pay almost $10,000 to get my domain back. I was only paying $7 per year for it for the previous 13 years ... arg!
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your domain lapsing.

As for Lewdpatcher, this just keeps getting odder and odder.

Ya, it's not a perfect fix.

I bet the one you needed was on a page that had a drop down menu for previous versions? Sadly, Google's crawlers are not that "intelligent" and don't cache Java/CSS drop down menus. And it's even worse with the Wayback Machine because even if you look at a capture done recently, when you click down to the game page, it might be a capture done months earlier. And a lot of these lewd patches get deleted, re-upped and updated constantly. So the links are always changing.

I kinda like it better how they do things on the Japanese game sites. All the files are encrypted (same as here mainly) but they also do not use proper names for the files. Instead they give them random numbers like R123456 or some such. That keeps them below the radar and pretty much off any search engine.
I never knew why some game downloads had random number and letters until now but that makes sense.

TheGDK

Aug 28, 2021

According to atlaq, looks like the domain expired on 11/04...maybe they let it lapse?