4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
This was tagged as abandoned because for several months there was zero information from the dev. Only recently did we learn that he was still working on it.
And rightfully so, it makes no sense being so much time without any piece of news or update when receiving 3200 EUR per month.

Reactions: hwhuhrhru12212

rapsody

Feb 20, 2018
And rightfully so, it makes no sense being so much time without any piece of news or update when receiving 3200 EUR per month.
the dude says that was because he needed re-make the game since 0% for the problems with flash player.

Even so, some skepticism is always appropriate :T

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
the dude says that was because he needed re-make the game since 0% for the problems with flash player.

Even so, some skepticism is always appropriate :T
Right, being for nearly 2 years without any kind of report of the work is being skeptic.

I'm sorry, I'm all in to defend hard working devs who have issues, but there's no damn reason to spend so much receiving so much money without any kind of report.

I'm aware changing platforms would take time, but not even bothering giving info to the followers is a right way to do it? Not enough as well to hire at least some hands to help on the platform change? Yes there's a post here and there, but barely enough for the time. I'm sorry, but there are way too many red flags. Sorry if I'm being unfair to the dev, but it really doesn't show care to the fans.

Reactions: McAztec

roland_donald

Apr 18, 2020
im getting scared by the more frequent mentions of AI in the dev's patreon

like really? chatgpt? stable diffusion? they're saying that "it's just for assistance" but im afraid it might turn into a slippery slope

Reactions: Nitan17

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017

like really? chatgpt? stable diffusion? they're saying that "it's just for assistance" but im afraid it might turn into a slippery slope
Welcome to the Brave New World!
Within a few years you'll have to sift through mountains of ai-generated slop to find anything worthwhile in ALL areas of entertainment

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

yikes.

I don't get this whole GPT craze. EVERY GODDAMN TIME I use it, it spits out garble that I have to filter to find any mention of something useful. It's like going to some random beach and sifting sand and gravel for gold instead of just mining tons of it yourself. It's the beginner's approach to the issue at this point because it's baad at generating anything but basic babble on any subject.
It's useful as an introduction or as inspiration, but what the fuck is an established developer and artist going to use it for???

Whereas stable diffusion? How the fuck do you use that as support? The only use I've found for it (I have a local package, complete with models and days worth of output) is smoothening out images that have way too much noise in them.
It can also upscale pretty nicely. Besides that, all it does is spit out the same fucking shit over and over BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT FUCKING AI'S DO.
They could feed it all their TT art to make it generate similar images, but then what? It's not like it's going to know how to animate these...if it's even able to distinguish between the different tentacles without mixing up their body parts, as is usual.

a disappointment, really, though I'd really like to hear more details from the dev as maybe I'm missing something.

Reactions: tiehierf

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
At this point it's unclear if he's doing any progress/work on the project itself or just stalling and putting out a few AI experiments forward. Hasn't it been like a year without any actual content updates? Trying out some AI tools doesn't take that much time, and there's a whole team iirc, did they all try tools separately? He's getting $3836 per month at this moment (according to patreon) and what does he have to show for it? A couple comics sketches and an AI-colored image? My honest opinion is that things won't change too much until the money dries up and they're forced to actually put out.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes