VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 [Update 40] [Talothral]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Stringy Bob

Both this and the first game Terminus Reach: Sentinal are excellent games with a level of world building, plotting & character building rarely seen in adult games. The setting feels lived in not just a reason to string together sex scenes and the characters like living, breathing people.

Unreservedly recommended
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Doputgun

Now that I have had some free time on my hands because I don't have to go to school right now, I have been in search of good adult games and I have to say, what three days it has been since I have discovered this DEV's works. Love the story, love the characters in all of this DEV's games. I have played all of them starting with Sorcerer and I can't stress enough how good they are. There is just one problem I have with this one.

This one's problem, in my opinion, is that no character has an '' in love '' relationship with the MC other than Chiel. I love a good romance story and I love it when the MC has a romantic relationship with almost all of the characters he sleeps with (it doesn't HAVE to be romantic but when it is, it just makes me feel good)

Overall a great game with the exception of sex scenes not having enough ''kick'' to them because of the way the DEV presents them I think.

I definitely recommend for everyone to play.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Catwashere

So far the game is as good as the first one.
    MC is a super powerful bionic human/alien dealing is a crap done of drama.
    I recommend playing the first one and this one.

Art/Renders. 8.5/10
    Sex. 9/10
    Characters. 10/10
    Story. 10/10
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

This game is a direct follow up and, while I do greatly appreciate a Dev doing actual world building, the problem is it's boring as sin. And I'm not talking as one of those troglodytes that need a sexual interaction every five seconds to like a VN on here. In fact I'm sure I'm the only person complaining about story on this site... I mean every aspect of this story is just plain boring. There are no stakes, MC is more powerful than god. There's no emotion, it's already established that MC is a sociopath that feels nothing, only familial attachment to Chiel and other people like him. And there's no flow in the conversations, everyone's dialog feels stiff and kinda unnatural. And believe me when I say I really want to like this, it has an actual story but it's ALL POLITICS. You know, the reason why the Star Wars prequels sucked? And it's reiterated by the fact that MC doesn't even care about what's going on ever. Why should I care then?

The story is: You follow Garrett (or renamable through mod will be MC in this review) he is a psionic super soldier that has the strongest abilities of every species at this space colony. I will say the opening scene is the first and probably only time he ever gets hit? If that tells you how overpowered Dev made him. Anyway, it's 5 years after the first story, he knocked up all his women and the kids are born. He has to learn to be a father figure to 7 kids, give or take? All the while solving issues on the station. Someone is smuggling a lethal drug on the ship and they found evidence of a supposedly extinct alien race that may be confrontational. Those are the broad strokes and the rest is MC going back and forth to his love interests continuing his "ambassador work" and by that I mean he has sex with aliens. I don't wanna spoil much as some of it is actually interesting.

Usually I'd get into the love interests but if you're playing this you already know the majority. And I don't have a lot of good to say about this. I do wanna say, I liked the first one for the most part. This one improves on render quality, at least in terms of textures and that's it. But everything else is the same. It's all long winded conversations that almost always end up with MC coming up with the perfect plan for everything. And even the sex scenes are boring. They all go like this: A slideshow of the characters stripping. They kiss a bunch then get into the first position. Then a two frame animation of one of the characters pistoning into the other. But only one part of their body moves so it looks like they're breaking bones to do the motion. Then rinse and repeat that for the three or four sex positions. It's not great. I UNDERSTAND a lot of the talking is "futuristic military" jargon and such. But even when they're not talking in a counsel room, everyone talks and feels so robotic and stiff. Not just the emotionless MC. And the last story had the happy ending. I don't get why there needed to be a sequel. The only "loose end" was what does the last part of MC's DNA cocktail look like, but an open end to that helps add mystery.

ALL OF THIS ON TOP OF THE DEFAULT RENPY UI? ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CHANGE 3 PICTURES AND FIND A DECENT FREE FONT.

To the Dev: You are very good at world building, I get that. Both universes you've made are not bad. But the dialogues between characters needs to be worked on. And the Saitama/Goku protagonist is boring, there's nothing to be invested in with minimal stakes. And if you have a Saitama, you need a Mumen Rider to have interesting character progression people wanna follow.

TLDR - Lots of space politics, boring sex scenes that add nothing, and stiff dialog and "animations." If you liked the first one and want more, here ya go.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

MJB

This seems to be a worthy successor to the first game. Great story, interesting characters and good graphics as expected. Only nitpick is that male hairstyles seem to have gone extinct in the future.

To be honest, I'm surprised this series doesn't get more traction based on the the quality of these two titles. It kind of drives me nuts seeing "Big Titted Milf Harem IX" get more support than thoughtful games like this.

Anyways, all you need to know is if you liked the first game, you'll enjoy this one as well. And definitely play the first game before starting this!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Silentlord85

First off, Sorry but i can't give a 5 Star rating. for me that's got to be one amazing VN. sadly there are not many.

However Don't get the wrong idea, this is defo a very good VN and deserving of its rating, praise and support in funding. this and the Dev's other two VNs are excellent.

Negative stuff first.
    renders and overall quality, isn't the best, but defo up there. also heavily reused from previous VNs, especially the MC. (not surprising the same as terminus 1, but also for Sorcerer.)
    alot of bald chars, Alien bodies look to be the same, just stretched and/or coloured different. lack of real variety in the models.

Dialog sometimes feels like you have missed afew scenes, also alot of repetitive and reused scenes which seem pointless at times.

The positive.
    now you maybe wondering from the above etc, why even rate it high.
    frankly, the story. it follows on from the Terminus 1, shows real progression of the characters.
    yes the VN as a whole is average in terms of visuals, lewd scenes etc...
    but the engaging story is good, made me want to know what happened next, to know more.
    For me that's a better sign of VN, having amazing jaw dropping models, renders and animations. is great and will most likely do well, but if its story and plot is crap or complete bonkers, then they don't last.

As a result i rate it a 4/5 stars.

All the negative stuff can easily be adjusted with time and experience by the Dev, not the first to come back later and remaster.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

PPLayer

- exciting and engaging story together with kinks & tags I like
    - good renders
    - unique characters with different facets
    - not only frequent updates but also for PC/Linux/Mac AND options for HQ/Compressed/UpdateOnly
    - reliable & friendly Dev without milking intentions
    - already a good quality & more importantly finished game released
  8. 5.00 star(s)

SSJSonGoku

Great sequel to a great game. Talothral's stories are always so well written. I can't wait to see how it proceeds and to see more of the Universe he has created! It has some really great characters, that do actually evolve in his games.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ShiroOkami2

What else has to be said...It is a Talothral VN, so you know you in for a epic A$$ journey plot wise just replay Terminus Reach or Sorcerer

Plot/Story: Continues off from the first game in an epic commander Sherpard hold my helmet like fashion , the fluidity between both installments of terminus is smooth thus far...my only gripes remain similar to the first, hairless and the time jump so very little preggo time

Characters: Are developed well and the dialogue between each individual is really well written

Overall: A sequel of an epic and will be hard to live up to its predecessors, but I have a feeling Talothral has it in them to do it and games by this dev are really worth supporting if you are able too, only wish is that the h scenes were more animated (but then we would lose the good update rate, catch 22) ONLY if it would not affect the updates and story
  10. 5.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed: update2fixed]
    Having enjoyed the developer's prior games -- the first Terminus Reach and Sorcerer -- I expected to see the same quality here, and I wasn't disappointed. There is no automatic carry-forward from the first Terminus Reach. Instead the reader is given the choice of starting with the canonical (full harem) ending, or allowing us to decide which of the potential love interests are included, and whether to rename Garrett.

This installment begins about 5 years -- whatever that means for people living on a space craft -- from the end of Garrett's prior story. With the canonical choice, we are introduced to more than a few youngsters fathered by Garrett, all of which have inherited his glowing blue eyes and some psionic powers.

During this introduction, we meet with some, but not all, of Garrett's existing love interests, and presuming the canonical choice, we have sex scenes with most of them. (In passing I'll mention that I cringe a bit whenever the quite sharp Kziiri teeth come close to Garrett's "manly bits".) And naturally a new threat to Garrett and company is discovered early on in the story, but I'm sure there's a lot more to find out about it before this game is over.

There are some new options/tweaks provided such as the color used for all the story text, and whether to include dialogue in the sex scenes. There is no animation, but sequences of static pictures which (by default) step through with a one second pause between each. There are no sound effects, but with this game we now have ambient/background music that's "okay".

Ultimately though, with this developer, it's the story that shines through and makes these games be hits for me. Here we have a solid start to the story and I'm looking forward to the coming installments. 5 stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

JJDrakken

@Talothral Did it again. He's continued his Terminus Reach: Sentinel. It starts out strong, continues to establish our MC as a bad ass. But he's also grown and softened up a tad with his children now around and is starting care.

But not to point he's standing in a corner crying about his emotions 24-7. More like he's actually weighing the options better and not murdering everyone 24-7 who happen to might of stepped into his general area. :)

This just the start for TR:S2, but it's a strong & positive start I can't wait to see what else is going be going down.

If you NOT read TR:S, go read it(Terminus Reach: Sentinel) as well as Sorcerer. Both completed and fine addition to the Adult Novella Genre.