goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So... I did manage to make and publish a cheating mod for this game, found here

Over 240 people have checked out the thread by now and noone has said anything, so I'm assuming it works even though the 1st release was not that clean or user friendly. So version 0.0.2 of the mod is now avalible which fixes most of those issues.

For those interested you can change the Relationship points as well as change weather you or Anne are in a relationship with other characters.

Except for Layla... for some reason (probably because her code flag is in upper case while the rest are in lower case) I cannot get her to work properly. But I am trying to fix it and find out a workaround.

Please let me know if it works and/or if it needs improvements (for example if I forgot someone).
You should report your post and ask that the cheat mod thread link be added to the OP.

Reactions: moudy

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
You should report your post and ask that the cheat mod thread link be added to the OP.
I was going to write a long speech about why I shouldn't because I wanted it to be perfect... but then I realized that more eyes on it = more chances of bugs being found.... so I took your advise and did :)

Reactions: goobdoob

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Except for Layla... for some reason (probably because her code flag is in upper case while the rest are in lower case) I cannot get her to work properly. But I am trying to fix it and find out a workaround.
Mircom3D Is it possible that there's a missing "$Layla = False" in the init part of chapter 11? I can see in chapter 11 in line 2606 that you use $Layla = True, but I can't find anywhere where you initate that flag in any other chapter. I also tried searching for lower case (layla) but couldn't find that either. I even tried searcihing in other chapters but couldn't find anything there either.

So... is this a bug for a missing line, or am I just that blind not to see it anywhere?

Mircom3D

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2017
Mircom3D Is it possible that there's a missing "$Layla = False" in the init part of chapter 11? I can see in chapter 11 in line 2606 that you use $Layla = True, but I can't find anywhere where you initate that flag in any other chapter. I also tried searching for lower case (layla) but couldn't find that either. I even tried searcihing in other chapters but couldn't find anything there either.

So... is this a bug for a missing line, or am I just that blind not to see it anywhere?
It is a missed variable! it should be at the top of Ch11 yes. and lowercase like the others. thanks for pointing that out.

• Love
Reactions: SoiCowboy and moudy

2haegar

Jul 20, 2017
It is a missed variable! it should be at the top of Ch11 yes. and lowercase like the others. thanks for pointing that out.
Hi Mircom, first of all thank you for TAC, definitely on of the best!

Could you kindely tell me if you are still planning on a revamp of chapters 6 to 10?
I'm adding for myself a different path to play TAC, chapters 1-5 are finished, chapters 6-10 let's say early alpha.
Just wondering how much effort I should put in the later chapters before the revamp....

Mircom3D

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2017
Hi Mircom, first of all thank you for TAC, definitely on of the best!

Could you kindely tell me if you are still planning on a revamp of chapters 6 to 10?
I'm adding for myself a different path to play TAC, chapters 1-5 are finished, chapters 6-10 let's say early alpha.
Just wondering how much effort I should put in the later chapters before the revamp....
Yes I will and I am slowly re-doing renders. But that is all that will get revamped.

Yankator

Donor
May 9, 2017
January is the first girl you can meet at the Gym, you need to choose to salute her or to speak to Nicole

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I've started writing a mod that will show you more scenes in a single playthrough, at least more scenes for Anne (you still have to make the right choices though).

Would that be what you are thinking of?
Would be better than nothing in any case but i would miss the MC sex scenes, which as you know, are so much "either/or" that it pisses me off.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
January is the first girl you can meet at the Gym, you need to choose to salute her or to speak to Nicole
Yes that's another "either/or" situation for the MC, of which this game has more than a non-cuck man can handle :) .

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I was going to write a long speech about why I shouldn't because I wanted it to be perfect... but then I realized that more eyes on it = more chances of bugs being found.... so I took your advise and did :)
I just wanted to test your mod but i suppose it doesn't work if you have also the gallery mod JDMOD installed. I have that mod also in the game folder and your mod does not appear in menu as it should. I will try to remove the JDMOD folder and see if it then works..

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Hmmm.. i removed the JDMOD and started the game again. Your mod was still not showing in menu , so I loaded a save and thenI went back to the save/load window. Now your cheat mod was listed but when i clicked on it i got this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 56, in execute
    screen Cheating:
    screen Cheating:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 73, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 75, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 78, in execute
    textbutton "Relation +1" action SetVariable("love", love + 1)
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 78, in keywords
NameError: name 'love' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "M:\!!!ADULT-GAMES\!      Sex Games apk & windows - 2018\!      UPDATED - to play\!   The Adventurous Couple\! TheAdventurousCoupleCh11pt2-pc\TAC-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen Cheating:
    screen Cheating:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 73, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 75, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 78, in execute
  File "game/SjoherMOD/MODscript.rpy", line 78, in keywords
  File "<screen language>", line 78, in <module>
NameError: name 'love' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Chapter 11 pt2 
Tue Apr 28 04:16:42 2020

Reactions: yassuo91000

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
If you are using an older save than chapter 11 part 2, I might have found a fix for you and would like to hear from you.

while investigating this error that mizilic posted above, I found out that some variables and flags are not defined until you press new game.

I may have been able to create a fix for that and would like to get some feedback if some brave people are willing to test it out.

All you need to do is just download the file in this post anywhere into your game folder (TAC/game). This should be a standalone fix and does not need any other mod or files to work.

Edit 16.05.2020
Some saves were having problems with martincheat flag. It's default set to False so if you want to change that you should be able to change it through Notepad++ or similar program (or use my cheat mod ;) )

Please if you have any problems after loading a save, let me know.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
If you are using an older save than chapter 11 part 2, I might have found a fix for you and would like to hear from you.

while investigating this error that mizilic posted above I found out that some variables and flags are not defined until you press new game.

I may have been able to create a fix for that and would like to get some feedback if some brave people are willing to test it out.

All you need to do is just download the file here and put it anywhere in the TAC/game folder. You do not need the cheat mod in order to try this issue out.

This should work for most saves that were created before chapter 11 part 2, otherwise you should be able to follow the 4 steps in that thread to get your saves to work correctly (except that instead of 4 being to use the cheat mod, you just enjoy your game)
Variables are not defined in the game, or not defined in the mod?

Whichever the case, use the "default" statement to define the variables, and they'll always be defined.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Variables are not defined in the game, or not defined in the mod?

Whichever the case, use the "default" statement to define the variables, and they'll always be defined.

Thanks for the link b.t.w. It might come in handy for some other stuff I want to do :)

But the problem is that there are 5 variables that are not defined in the game in any init part on any chapter that I could find.
Those are the 5 core values ones, love, faithful, cuck, swing and annefaith

The only place (again where I can find) where they are defined or initated is in script.rpy, code line 270-279 but that is only when you choose new game. Every other choice that you make anywhere else is changing those values in one way or the other.

Therefor, if you are using a save file from before those were added into the code, those save files will crash because those 5 are not defined anywhere else.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for the link b.t.w. It might come in handy for some other stuff I want to do :)

But the problem is that there are 5 variables that are not defined in the game in any init part on any chapter that I could find.
Those are the 5 core values ones, love, faithful, cuck, swing and annefaith

The only place (again where I can find) where they are defined or initated is in script.rpy, code line 270-279 but that is only when you choose new game. Every other choice that you make anywhere else is changing those values in one way or the other.

Therefor, if you are using a save file from before those were added into the code, those save files will crash because those 5 are not defined anywhere else.
That's EXACTLY what the default statement was created to fix! :)

• Love

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
That's EXACTLY what the default statement was created to fix! :)
In that case, I guess I must learn more about how those default statements work :p

But then again, what would be the more appropriate way to fix older saves if this fix is not ideal?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
In that case, I guess I must learn more about how those default statements work :p

But then again, what would be the more appropriate way to fix older saves if this fix is not ideal?
Well, you could modify the save loading routines (yuck), or add default statements for these variables.

The default statement will create the variable on save or load if it doesn't already exist. If it exists, the default statement does nothing.

• Love
4.00 star(s) 118 Votes