Ren'Py The Apex [v0.3] [WarmBeerProductions]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
MrWarmBeer Given a certain unavoidable tag on your other game (Only Her, the tag being NTR(unavoidable)).

I would suggest you make clear what tag will and what be in this one, and if they are or aren't avoidable. (So people can avoid that which they hate, and you won't have a situation where people are furious because you add a tag they hate and weren't expecting).

Which if in this case there won't be any NTR, then well, just write that in dev notes. But would make it clear now, since some may look at your other game and since that one has NTR, might assume this will too (fair assumption to make tho) and well, leave :|
Will it make a difference?

Who is going to play a “vanilla” game from a cuck developer? :WaitWhat:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

some devs dabble in a bit of everything... also not everyone checks the devs other work.

Also in this case this game won't have any soooo... use that information how you choose.

.... Most NTR writers can't write to save their life tho XD especially when it comes to vanilla. e.g. "O let me just make this LI a complete whore that has fked 50 guys, but she has only ever loved MC, and this is wholesome vanilla" - almost every NTR writer.
So I do get where you are coming from.

MrWarmBeer

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2021

Hopefully some at least :KEK:
some devs dabble in a bit of everything... also not everyone checks the devs other work.

Also in this case this game won't have any soooo... use that information how you choose.

.... Most NTR writers can't write to save their life tho XD especially when it comes to vanilla. e.g. "O let me just make this LI a complete whore that has fked 50 guys, but she has only ever loved MC, and this is wholesome vanilla" - almost every NTR writer.
So I do get where you are coming from.
Yeah, it's not like I clearly said this game WON'T have NTR or anything :Kappa: In terms of writing, I think the poor writing for NTR is on purpose. There's just something so appealing about making the MC and absolute idiot that the writing takes a backseat

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Hopefully some at least :KEK:

Yeah, it's not like I clearly said this game WON'T have NTR or anything :Kappa: In terms of writing, I think the poor writing for NTR is on purpose. There's just something so appealing about making the MC and absolute idiot that the writing takes a backseat
with the writing thing I am talking about when they try to do something else. (I ain't into NTR so I don't read/watch/play that, so can only comment on their non-ntr work... which well as I said before you can easily tell if it is an NTR writer most of the time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway i was being non-specific so it wasn't directed at you.

• Haha
Reactions: Jrar and MrWarmBeer

MrWarmBeer

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2021
with the writing thing I am talking about when they try to do something else. (I ain't into NTR so I don't read/watch/play that, so can only comment on their non-ntr work... which well as I said before you can easily tell if it is an NTR writer most of the time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway i was being non-specific so it wasn't directed at you.
Yeah I get it haha. You know what you're right :KEK: I've seen those around a lot. I know what to avoid now

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Yeah I get it haha. You know what you're right :KEK: I've seen those around a lot. I know what to avoid now
You would think they would realise not to make every LI a town bicycle (everyone has ridden it), and well in their case, for a "vanilla" story none of them should have had that history :S

• Haha
Reactions: MrWarmBeer

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017

I have to agree with this statement, thought I would add that;

Play and $upport are two different things.

Personally, I am happy to play a game made by a developer who has previously made titles with NTR in them (if avoidable/zero ntr in the game I am playing).

That said, it is very unlikely that I will ever $upport or financially contribute to that developer.
Perhaps, if said game has zero "Disliked" content, and is otherwise extremely well done? I might give a one-time donation once the game is done, in appreciation for how good it was?

But the financial difference between '$upport' and 'one-time donate' is huge.
A decent donation is what €20-€50?
This is nothing when weighed against €10-€20/per month for the full, multi-year development of a game.
It's literally something like the difference between €20-€50 & €240-€720.

While I fully support developers making their own games, their own way. I will leave the supporting of and encouragement to make 'cucky' games to people who actually enjoy that stuff.

For myself, the idea that my donation/$upport €uro's could be used in any way to make or promote the creation of 'cuck/futa/etc' type content turns my stomach and makes me want to vomit up all my Escargot and Vin Blanc.

MrWarmBeer

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2021
I have to agree with this statement, thought I would add that;

Play and $upport are two different things.

Personally, I am happy to play a game made by a developer who has previously made titles with NTR in them (if avoidable/zero ntr in the game I am playing).

That said, it is very unlikely that I will ever $upport or financially contribute to that developer.
Perhaps, if said game has zero "Disliked" content, and is otherwise extremely well done? I might give a one-time donation once the game is done, in appreciation for how good it was?

But the financial difference between '$upport' and 'one-time donate' is huge.
A decent donation is what €20-€50?
This is nothing when weighed against €10-€20/per month for the full, multi-year development of a game.
It's literally something like the difference between €20-€50 & €240-€720.

While I fully support developers making their own games, their own way. I will leave the supporting of and encouragement to make 'cucky' games to people who actually enjoy that stuff.

For myself, the idea that my donation/$upport €uro's could be used in any way to make or promote the creation of 'cuck/futa/etc' type content turns my stomach and makes me want to vomit up all my Escargot and Vin Blanc.
Hey man that's fair.

Personally, from my perspective, I wanted to have a second game that focuses more on the NTR stuff so that there's a clear distinction between the 2. I'm essentially saying these 2 are complete opposites.

I don't want to make this game halfway and suddenly feel the urge to add NTR, which is what I think is the case for some. But if you don't feel comfortable donating, that's fine too. It's your choice. If I can't convince you through my gameplay, then hey, maybe I don't deserve the money after all.

Reactions: hobobobb

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Seems like the other game has taken priority and this one is dumped. Despite the other game being last updated it seems all the info on patreon is still about it.

• Thinking Face

MrWarmBeer

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2021
Seems like the other game has taken priority and this one is dumped. Despite the other game being last updated it seems all the info on patreon is still about it.
Relax, both games are still being worked on. Last update post on this game was literally a week ago. Also saying "all the info on patreon is still about it" proves that you're not a Patron, cause I post updates on both game parallel EVERY WEEK.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Relax, both games are still being worked on. Last update post on this game was literally a week ago. Also saying "all the info on patreon is still about it" proves that you're not a Patron, cause I post updates on both game parallel EVERY WEEK.
That game is getting two updates in a row, its the priority. It is what it is.

MrWarmBeer

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2021
That game is getting two updates in a row, its the priority. It is what it is.
Because the other game's next update is smaller in size and scope. Just because it's getting 2 updates in a row, or even being the priority (which isn't true by the way), doesn't mean this one is "dumped". I'm changing the formula on the next update by expanding everything and adding WAYYY more lewd content (as explained on Patreon) since the previous 2 just weren't getting enough attention. Can't fault me for releasing whatever is finished first.
P.S: This game's last update and the other one's release was like a week in between.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Not a fan of that 2010's early Facebook-game ascetic, where everything is really basic Illustrator line art so that it can quickly and easily be animated in Flash. They all look like they were designed for Flash 'marionette' style paper-doll animation. Not a great look.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes