VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

scalvi

A bit short and linear so far but still very enjoyable.
    Not really much to say right now...
    Every char looks unique and as a custom model.
    I'd describe the game as "comfy". I dunno if it's because of the smooth art or relaxing music, probably both
    If you are like me, a sucker for story-driven college stories, then you should try this one, it's promising to be good
  2. 4.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

There isn't much to go on here as this was a pretty short intro, but I liked it nonetheless.

The story is the epitome of a life/dating sim: there isn't an obvious one. You're just a dude in college, going to classes, chatting up classmates. This seems like a potential F.R.I.E.N.D.S in college situation. I just hope it doesn't suck as bad as that show does. There is one or two choices in the intro, so calling it anything other than a lite kinetic novel at this point is a crime.

The renders are very good though. The women in the game are different enough, but there isn't much variation in the personality types thus far. Again, its 0.1, so take that with a microscopic grain of salt. The male models also look good. Everyone looks their age. So many college sims make everyone look way too old or way too young. I think this one gets it right. And the main professor we meet in 0.1 is a man! What? I can't remember a game with a male prof as the main teacher.

The writing is grammatically good. I'm going to guess that either the writers are english speakers. There weren't any moments that stood out to me where I hated the interaction or narration.

Overall, its a pretty boring 0.1 with little choice involved, but it does set up a good network that can be built off of. I would like to see more choice incorporated and maybe some light free roam like in BAD where your choices in free roam effect the story. Good luck devs!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TheDwayneTrain

Great start! I like how it takes on college from a group angle, since in many cases college students find their friend group in the first few days on campus. There's a lot of potential in this approach for future emotional dynamics. Looking forward to the MC getting to know these super hot chicks!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

JianYang-69

Linear and boring. No real choices , just an illusion. No drama. Gave up after a couple of hours. Author introduces elements to make a dramatic arc but then leaves them lie in favor of getting the protagonist laid.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

khan78

good premisse! good models! i like college stories! in fact it was the best days of our lives! keep it up Undergroundstudio! No hard ntr, but mild one is ok, i guess! it adds up to the story! betrayal, also is a good theme!