JackBone373

Sep 23, 2021
I got this error after my encounter with Ciara during "Papers Plase":
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 63, in script call
    python:
  File "game/Scripts/Scenes/papers_please.rpy", line 833, in script
    $ Characters[18].Glossary[1] = Metamorph
  File "game/Scripts/Scenes/papers_please.rpy", line 833, in <module>
NameError: name 'Metamorph' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 63, in script call
    python:
  File "game/Scripts/Scenes/papers_please.rpy", line 833, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Scripts/Scenes/papers_please.rpy", line 833, in <module>
NameError: name 'Metamorph' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Bite Revenant
Sun Sep  4 22:43:50 2022
I think to fix that should be like this :
$ Characters[18].Glossary[1] = "Metamorph"
Because that suppose to fill Ciara Glossary Power from ??? become Metamorph.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also find another typo minor bug in Choices.rpy, about choices made for ciara trust here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So when we come to games where we see scenes too dark to discern face features,
we are dealing with sub par visual representations and we should voice our critique.
Nobody is saying you can't complain if you find them too dark. What I'm saying is that for me they were just fine. I could tell facial features just fine. Could I see every pore on people? No, but neither would I be able to IRL in a darker setting. To me the level of lighting was just fine for a dark alley. And again, my monitor is only at mid-level brightness, so how the images are received (quality of the user's screen, ambient real-world light, etc.) is clearly the problem and not the renders themselves.

• Angry
Reactions: skybarbie

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
Nobody is saying you can't complain if you find them too dark. What I'm saying is that for me they were just fine. I could tell facial features just fine. Could I see every pore on people? No, but neither would I be able to IRL in a darker setting. To me the level of lighting was just fine for a dark alley. And again, my monitor is only at mid-level brightness, so how the images are received (quality of the user's screen, ambient real-world light, etc.) is clearly the problem and not the renders themselves.
Sorry, but I highly disagree. You aren't the authority on this.

We already know you think the brightness is fine. You don't have to keep telling us.

• Angry
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
just started to play this and after mc getting bj (well it can be called bj (doubt there is proper term to what happened)) on club's toilet and leaving game throws renpy error.

Xegrid

Donor
Jan 22, 2019
gone try this one later on tomorrow, however i did notice some people complain about not being able to see due to scenes being to dark so out of curiosity i unpacked the files and checked out the images and unfortunatly for me i am curently running the superpower of "dark room" (witch can be achived by either closing the curtains or if you fancy not covering the windows,playing in the eavning/night will do the trick) added the "full screan" modifier and i can see everything no problem

jokes aside, for thous having problems, if you are playing in a bright ass room ofc you aint gone see shit during darker scenses, why do you think in theaters there are no windows and no lights running during the movie, in the the rooms? even something as simple as looking at the same picture in a dark room in normal mod (and i am reffering to the picture itself in the folder itself, not by playing the game in window mode) and full screan mode will make a HUGE ASS DIFFERENCE beacause you will remove the white outline borders + any additional lights that might interfier with a picture

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
nope, report op that links down and specify that it's mega and in the meanwhile use other host.
That might not work. I suggested that for someone on another thread, and they said they did that, but then apparently they were told that all the links had to be dead to get replacements. I had never heard that before. I can only figure either it's some new policy, somebody reviewing the report didn't know the existing policy, or the policy is left up to the discretion of the reviewer and so results may differ.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That might not work. I suggested that for someone on another thread, and they said they did that, but then apparently they were told that all the links had to be dead to get replacements. I had never heard that before. I can only figure either it's some new policy, somebody reviewing the report didn't know the existing policy, or the policy is left up to the discretion of the reviewer and so results may differ.
that's entirely possible. megas tend to vanish quite often so maybe they changed policy to reduce work.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
short update but it's expected, mc met mommy and found out about zoey's past and zoey learned about mc's past. still nice update.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC made his confession right in front of everybody and nobody bated any eye lashes,
they were ready to end him so they could skip to what they actually wanted.
MC told everything once his rommie helped him get another identity and burry his past.

Once the plot moves on to effectively burry MC in the past and make him dead to the world,
there is no interest in unearthing the past. Everyone made things clear at his rebirth.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Alright, this was pretty fun so far! Just played through the content so far and hoping for more. Tad shorter than I'd have liked but hey, thats proof its fun. :)

Reactions: priv.ryan
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes