Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Only negative so far I found was the sandbox element. Not a fan of that stuff but at least it's not full sandbox I guess. I hope the dev doesn't burn out with the complexity of his game because it really is a gem in a sea of meh ones.
Oh come on. You don't have to do anything at all. Just put your bags in the fridge, enter your room and choose which quest you want to play first.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Oh come on. You don't have to do anything at all. Just put your bags in the fridge, enter your room and choose which quest you want to play first.
For a game that is primarily a VN, I found it just clunky and pulls the player out of the story immersion. What was the advantage of it? click arrows to go to Shevonas or Zoeys doors. Quests could have been handled much better with just a screen - maybe named "mission" screen next to the glossary that negates all the free roam parts..just click the next quest to start that story part. I found it pointless really and it probably added a lot more work for the dev, not to mention adding lengthier time to updates.

The Hospital free roam, I thought the "Schools In" quest was broke for me because I missed the keypad part.

Love the game so far, but fuck I hate freeroam/sandbox exploration stuff. Felt the same with other games that do it like BaDiK, etc. Oh well I can live with it if the game is good enough.

Last edited:

YeColo

Dec 29, 2022
One of the best VN's around. The writing and dialogue are great, but I'm stuck: Have a quest with Ciara but there isn't the destination on the screen, need to tell Shiveen I'm up for yoga, but she's asleep, and need to see elliot, but the it says I don't need to go to the compund.

Is this just the end of this version?

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
For a game that is primarily a VN, I found it just clunky and pulls the player out of the story immersion. What was the advantage of it? click arrows to go to Shevonas or Zoeys doors. Quests could have been handled much better with just a screen - maybe named "mission" screen next to the glossary that negates all the free roam parts..just click the next quest to start that story part. I found it pointless really and it probably added a lot more work for the dev, not to mention adding lengthier time to updates.

The Hospital free roam, I thought the "Schools In" quest was broke for me because I missed the keypad part.

Love the game so far, but fuck I hate freeroam/sandbox exploration stuff. Felt the same with other games that do it like BaDiK, etc. Oh well I can live with it if the game is good enough.
True, the freeroam stuff contributes very little to the game. Would serve much better to just get rid of it and treat the game like a proper VN. Having a blood bag system to give you energy so you can use powers at certain parts of the game just seems like a lot of unnecessary work in coding.

Reactions: Lord Soth

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
that game 'choice' did not bring anything to the table... did not teach the MC a lesson because he died. Now if the choice would have hurt the MC badly then that is a lesson, and then the MC would have been forced to be sub servant to Emilia and be her little bitch.

but since the MC dies from the choice... not really a choice, because I have to reload and pick the 'correct answer' and become sub servant to Emilia just because....
lol
The lesson is for the player so that he knows that he can't mindlessly click on dialogue choices and to let us know that we're not demi-gods with cheat codes. If the MC is stupid enough to do the exact thing that Emilia warned him about and dies as a result that only shows that the game is consistent and that MC doesn't have plot armour. This is one of the things that makes this game better because it gives meaning to what we do.

It would be a different thing if the situation wasn't properly explained to the player or if it was random but anyone with half a brain knows what could happen, it's been emphasised earlier that Emilia is a psycho and very powerful at that and she was crystal clear what she would do if Andy would try anything. It's very well executed in some other games as well, including Desert Stalker or Project: Passion.

It seems to me that kinetic novels would be more to your liking or games with fake choices where whatever you choose the result would be the same. Thankfully this is not such game.

BigBren

Dec 21, 2022
How do I complete these following quests:-
Testing the Waters
Lessons in Spirituality
Meeting the Boss
please assist

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
How do I complete these following quests:-
Testing the Waters
Lessons in Spirituality
Meeting the Boss
please assist
Not implemented. Would help if the dev labeled them as such to signify the end of an update. Till then just assume if you can't progress anything anymore no matter what you try, it's not bugged and that's all for the update.

Posseman

Dec 18, 2022
Hello, I stared from scratch an I got the following exception I was at point where Zoey gave me 2 bags of blood and I put them in the fridge. two guys started knocking at the door I answered the door in I got this exception.

any way to get past this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Scripts/Scenes/meeting_the_arbiter.rpy", line 2, in script call
call values_0_4 from _call_values_0_4
ScriptError: could not find label 'values_0_4'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 80, in script call
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1490, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "script.rpyc", line 80, in script call
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'values_0_4'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Bite Revenant
Sat May 13 21:38:38 2023
I got the same error, it's because you are using the Walkthrough Mod most likely. You need to rollback a couple of screens and then save, remove the mod and continue and it will get past the error. Only thing that worked for me.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Seeing so many people claiming they're stuck while they simply completed every quest makes me feel so good.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc money/stats // traits // affinity/trust

View attachment 1622802 View attachment 1622804 View attachment 1623052 View attachment 1622801

*as for the mc skill-level - it resets every time i change the value , need to dig deeper for this
**as at the screens - change trait from locked to taken

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at Link, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)
Will there or has there been an updated version available for this game? If I do any changes to the the traits, no changes register (zero changes happen, but only to the traits and character trust/affinity points).

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Will there or has there been an updated version available for this game? If I do any changes to the the traits, no changes register (zero changes happen, but only to the traits and character trust/affinity points).
yeah
i am aware of this , and unfortunately , it´s not working
(had some really bad moments while trying to figure this out lol )
the changes on the code ... let´s say i cant find the points to change perception etc
they are bound to decisions , the affection/trust too
so to change this you have to monitor all decisions (which is not working)
the traitlist is still working (unlocked/taken) - but since the game ,for now, only unlocks 1 or 2 its even pointless

look at this ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Wow
Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
lol
The lesson is for the player so that he knows that he can't mindlessly click on dialogue choices and to let us know that we're not demi-gods with cheat codes. If the MC is stupid enough to do the exact thing that Emilia warned him about and dies as a result that only shows that the game is consistent and that MC doesn't have plot armour. This is one of the things that makes this game better because it gives meaning to what we do.

It would be a different thing if the situation wasn't properly explained to the player or if it was random but anyone with half a brain knows what could happen, it's been emphasised earlier that Emilia is a psycho and very powerful at that and she was crystal clear what she would do if Andy would try anything. It's very well executed in some other games as well, including Desert Stalker or Project: Passion.

It seems to me that kinetic novels would be more to your liking or games with fake choices where whatever you choose the result would be the same. Thankfully this is not such game.
Sorry just don't see it that way... but hey I am by your statement mindless and only have half a brain. I really love when people have to resort to insulting other people if they don't share the same opinion.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
i figured out a way to use the old saves. at least it worked for me

just load your save , then you will get that message that saves will not work. don't click your mouse button otherwise it will load the main menu from here. Just use your scroll wheel on the mouse to go rollback one screen and your save will allow you to continue
I'd strongly advise against doing this. Your glossary will throw exceptions and I believe future content (maybe even v0.81?) will start throwing exceptions as well and the longer you continue the more things will get broken.
But: Is this new update effectively a major overhaul/polish of the already existing game content (cause from your change-log it seems to be mainly something like that)?
Nope. Added 2 new quests, forgot to write down at the end of those quests message that that's end of content and added some functionality and automation behind the scenes.
is psycology 101 supposed to be an active quest if i told claire im not someone shes should be getting involved with>
Nope, it's an oversight on my part. Fixed in the next version.
Small wish for updates from now on would be that quests be tagged in some way as 'Not yet implemented'. Can't tell if it's a bug with the game or not if you can or can't access something. Since there's no "this is the end of this update". You're just in the apartment stuck.
Yeah, sorry to you and all the other folks that got confused. I forgot to add a message at the end of the two implemented quests that players have reached the end of content.
In the future I'll probably add a note in the quest log that the quest is unfinished. It's a bit immersion breaking, but that's only a temporary information anyway.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
Reached a point and cant go further, active quests 1.talk to Chevaun but cant go she is sleeping, 2.go to Mihail but 'I cant go there now', 3.meet Ciara to some tower but dont appear on map. Its the end of content or did something wrong?
i think is the end those quest are not implememted yet

Reactions: joy.stick

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
i love the game but the sandbox pary if you cannot do anything take away the inmersion ,so if you continuos like this is possible that many ppl who love the game beggin to hate it ,.i dont say hate bcs only the sadbox is ruin the inmersion but is likely the worst part of the game .
after so many time and alot of updates there isnt nothing else going on ,and the sandbox part [almost 80%]of the game isnt complete or at least nothing to do when you go around it.i would love to have places to go to power up ir to increase skills or power to gains traits but unless is happening in the next updates i dont see the wright future this bn had when first come out....'i hope the dev take some advice and change the the sandbox part and put more in a VN style mod or a 50%,50% scale.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i love the game but the sandbox pary if you cannot do anything take away the inmersion ,so if you continuos like this is possible that many ppl who love the game beggin to hate it ,.i dont say hate bcs only the sadbox is ruin the inmersion but is likely the worst part of the game .
after so many time and alot of updates there isnt nothing else going on ,and the sandbox part [almost 80%]of the game isnt complete or at least nothing to do when you go around it.i would love to have places to go to power up ir to increase skills or power to gains traits but unless is happening in the next updates i dont see the wright future this bn had when first come out....'i hope the dev take some advice and change the the sandbox part and put more in a VN style mod or a 50%,50% scale.
eeeeh what? 80%?
which game are you playing? clearly not the bite:revenant ...
the game is like 95% vn and 5% sandbox...
the powers where just introduced as you got the mastery power
in this aspect the game just started - so there is no level/power-up

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes