README The Bloo Guide [2020-10-13]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

RainSlide

Jan 8, 2020
Flash is dead, so, should we:
  • create a section for deprecated things (would be cool for the time being) or...
  • remove it or...
  • do nothing?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Flash is dead, so, should we create a section for deprecated things (would be cool for the time being) or remove it or do nothing?
Flash games may no longer be being made but they are still playable with stand along flash players. Some of them like Mix N Match can still be pretty fun.

RainSlide

Jan 8, 2020
Flash games may no longer be being made but they are still playable with stand along flash players. Some of them like Mix N Match can still be pretty fun.
(The multi-quote thing is not working)

Indeed. And for now:
Open source:​
There are alternative Flash Players, also approches to keep them archived and playable.​
Closed source:​
Adobe AIR, which is essentially a minimal WebKit browser with a specialized Flash Player, is maintained by Harman.​

I'll list the links below.

A ultimate solution:
  • ( , )
Alternative Flash Players:
  • ( )
  • ( )
Flash game saver:
  • Use the Network Inspector in the Developer Tools in your browser to get the link of the swf files for download
  • ( , )
  • I mainly use Firefox, I just want to get the link of the swf files easier, and I'm not into WebExtension development. So instead of make/adopt Game Saver Extension for Firefox, I wrote a called Flash SWF Downloader to show a button for easy download. It's finished, but I'm adding support for problematic websites to make sure it came with good coverage. If I didn't update the post here, try search Flash SWF Downloader on .
Adobe AIR:
What's more, I'd like to talk about Flash Player's cross platform compatibility. Although it may only seen by you on the Web, but it's cross platform to Windows, Macintosh and Linux. Those who ever tried to inspect or download them would know that they are mostly some swf files, and one can use a Flash Player projector (for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, , ) to open swf files directly & locally without a Flash enabled browser.

There can be some obstacles when playing locally, though. I'll just put links FYI:
Final word, security. Although the case is very rare, Flash is not considered as safe years ago. For now, pay as much effort to block its risk as possible. Turn off the network if commendable, use a VM if acceptable.

Last edited:

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
seems to be dead. :(

upd. dead.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Adblocker may help :unsure: however, it may affect ad incoming, and for some sites, it's how they keep things going.
Ads, I understand. Pop-ups that aggressively trip every 15 seconds and triggers Chrome's "Take me back to safety" page? Die in a fire.

jonahs649

Mar 15, 2018
It might be helpful to add

which is a website that hosts a lot of games similar to (and often the same as) games posted here. the main difference is that you can play these games in your browser instead of downloading them. I know I appreciate that feature and would appreciate knowing about other sites like this/

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Appotaddi

Sep 17, 2018
What is this?
It's just an image board dedicated to h games. I posted this because the link that is in the original list is dead.
Like most image boards, there is some amount of toxicity in there, but still some threads are worthwhile with reviews, recommendations, links, ...
Also, a lot more focus on japanese stuff than here due to the rules and community being different, so it's a decent place to broaden horizons imo.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
It's just an image board dedicated to h games. I posted this because the link that is in the original list is dead.
Like most image boards, there is some amount of toxicity in there, but still some threads are worthwhile with reviews, recommendations, links, ...
Also, a lot more focus on japanese stuff than here due to the rules and community being different, so it's a decent place to broaden horizons imo.
Oh okay. I will give it a look. I am already saturated between here and Fetlife so I can't promise I can commit to participating.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes