VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
For those decrying the NTR, the Harem route, at least, has Carla's baby be yours, and she's in a sexless relationship with Paul.
Yeah its an NTR focused game with a tacked on half-assed "Harem" route that makes no sense. Just look at the sad excuse she gives for staying with that POS Paul... its so dumb...
Certainly, it's noticeable that some parts have been modified to fit the pure harem route, but including some graphical errors (like in the bathroom) and some surreal explanations.

I don't know if the conversation where Carla says that her agreement with Paul is that they won't have sex but that she's going to give him a family happens the same on the other route, but I certainly suspect not. There are several conclusions we can draw from what she tells the MC:

1.- There is no reason why she can be angry with Paul for cheating on her.

2.- The famous night with the MC could well have been a way to get to expand the family since if she doesn't sleep with Paul she has to get the family in some way, and although there are other methods, having sex with the MC is equally valid .

3.- Carla needs to go to the psychologist, and surely the MC too.

I find the conversation between Carla and the MC incredibly unconvincing, with absurd explanations on her part. The only conclusion I draw is that Carla can go to hell and stay with Paul and give him lots of other people's children.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Certainly, it's noticeable that some parts have been modified to fit the pure harem route, but including some graphical errors (like in the bathroom) and some surreal explanations.
The title and synopsis of the game are clearly about the PC impregnating all the women. People brought in their expectations of what a harem game is supposed to be like and didn't like the idea of an antagonist as much as the dev, because that would mean ntr. The dev buckled under the whining and now people are complaining that the pure harem route is obviously tacked on after the fact.
This is just another example that shows that devs should just follow their own vision. Imagine calling yourself a harem or ntr "fan". Those people should get a hobby. They aren't in a place to tell anybody how a story should be written.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The title and synopsis of the game are clearly about the PC impregnating all the women. People brought in their expectations of what a harem game is supposed to be like and didn't like the idea of an antagonist as much as the dev, because that would mean ntr. The dev buckled under the whining and now people are complaining that the pure harem route is obviously tacked on after the fact.
This is just another example that shows that devs should just follow their own vision. Imagine calling yourself a harem or ntr "fan". Those people should get a hobby. They aren't in a place to tell anybody how a story should be written.
It seems to me that Dev's idea of the harem was different from what most people who like this genre thought and if you generate expectations, it's normal for people to complain if they aren't met.

For me the problem of this version is that he has taken the solo harem route to the extreme: If Paul and Carla are a couple, it's normal for them to have sex (the strange thing is what Carla tells the MC).

In any case, I'm pretty sure I'm going to prefer the pure harem route to the others.

Xeron_Xr

Apr 5, 2020
fheim_ext_morning.png

Episode 3 of The Builder opens with the morning light shining on Fjordheim, where our hero will be living for a good period of the building process.

In Ep3, we will meet 5 new characters, all of them related to people we've met in the first two episodes. We will be following the MC through his first day of work in Fjorda, and get to view the site of the memorial for the first time.
Gradually, we will also start to realize that all is not well in the village of Fjorda, even though our MC's journey is still in its early stages.

The day (and the episode) will come to an unexpected end, both for us and the MC.
Starting from the next release, the Carla - Paul storyline will be optional from the first encounter in the auditorium.
I'm adding this choice because not everyone appreciates the fact that Paul is being humiliated on the harem line, and would rather not see him appear in the game at all.

This adjustment requires very little programming, and the effect on overall gameplay will be minimal.
Personally, I enjoyed exploring the fubar relationship between the MC and Carla (and to have the opportunity to see it from different angles), but it's an aquired taste in an erotic game, so I have no problem providing the option to skip it all together.
As quite a few of you have remarked, The Builder is a game that aims towards high visual fidelity, and has the ambition to match the visual complexity with more nuanced psychological portraits. To some of you that makes it more interesting, to others, that doesn't matter so much.

Whatever your preferences might be, the work with Ep3 is well underway: the first scene is rendered and the script is written half way through. I'm getting help to redo the main menu and visual interface, and hope to include these in the next release too.

So again, thank you for following and supporting The Builder. I will be back with more previews shortly!
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: maximark and BTLD

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Starting from the next release, the Carla - Paul storyline will be optional from the first encounter in the auditorium.
I'm adding this choice because not everyone appreciates the fact that Paul is being humiliated on the harem line, and would rather not see him appear in the game at all.
ChrisNix, humiliating Paul seems perfect to me (in fact it's something to enjoy). Who I don't want to see is Carla. If to humiliate Paul the MC has to establish a romantic relationship with her, then I prefer that they don't appear in the game after the encounter in the auditorium.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
ChrisNix, humiliating Paul seems perfect to me (in fact it's something to enjoy). Who I don't want to see is Carla. If to humiliate Paul the MC has to establish a romantic relationship with her, then I prefer that they don't appear in the game after the encounter in the auditorium.
Have you even played the update with the harem path? A lot of story has been changed to fit the harem path and she isnt as bad as she was originally.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It seems to me that Dev's idea of the harem was different from what most people who like this genre thought and if you generate expectations, it's normal for people to complain if they aren't met.
Honestly I question how valid these expectations are outside of hentai. Harem and ntr are both tags by weebs for weebs. Anime was a mistake, as we all know, and so is applying these tags to games that don't follow the usual weeb tropes.
It's not like there aren't any other tags to describe this game's content. The people that associate harems with highschoolers instead of Sultans have lost control over their lives, so what would they know about anything?

• Angry
Reactions: HansDampf788

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
When will dev learn, stick to making a NTR/SWINGER/CUKOLD game if that's what you want to do, there's no way in hell you pure harem fan will ever be content.
In the Dev's words, the intention was to make a harem game. In fact, except for some graphical errors (which I suppose will be corrected), I think that with the changes it's going to be a good harem game.

The only thing is that it would be nice to be able to say no to LIs that we are not interested in.

Honestly I question how valid these expectations are outside of hentai. Harem and ntr are both tags by weebs for weebs. Anime was a mistake, as we all know, and so is applying these tags to games that don't follow the usual weeb tropes.
It's not like there aren't any other tags to describe this game's content. The people that associate harems with highschoolers instead of Sultans have lost control over their lives, so what would they know about anything?
From what I've seen in other games, the expectations were quite valid.

Also, I don't know what sultans have to do with this game or other harem games. If you don't like harem games, you can go and search for other games, there are many without this tag.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Have you even played the update with the harem path? A lot of story has been changed to fit the harem path and she isnt as bad as she was originally.
I just don't think this dev understands harem fans at all. Yes, the MC may end getting all the girls pregnant by the end but how many of the girls have sex scenes where they get fucked by other dudes maybe multiple dudes before the MC gets his sloppy leftovers? For those like myself who played the first release I can't retcon my brain to forget how awful these LIs really are. So that's Carla dead to me and to most others (technically the chick in the bathroom who "was" an actual LI until that retcon...).

I can only imagine how it will be with the LI in the town, will we be forced to impregnate a bunch of women after sex scenes with them with other dudes? Will it be "skippable" but still happen in the background and bleed through like it already does in the current "harem" path? This dev has already destroyed any credibility he had with the fan base he says he's making the game for.

If he was smart, he would scrap the whole harem side story and just pursue the NTR crowd because that's his main audience now whether that was his intention or not. Or scrap all of episode 1 or 2 and scrub any and all evidence of NTR/voyeur/cuck type of content because as most devs find out to late fans of either type of content do not like the other and it never works for either side.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
yeah i remember trying the new build and even on the harem route. Paul leaves the restroom and although it says/implies he got rejected there's still cum flowing out of the girls vagina. maybe a few renders to show the alternate path to make his rejection more obvious would be more appreciated. maybe she never loses her clothes in the first place?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Great start. Carla had my attention. Her demeanor. The atmosphere of the interactions. MC's unhealthy infatuation.

Pretty unique take on NTR (with Carla) that is a little more realistic than the usual scenarios. Now I'm wondering if this will be a hard NTR all the way going forward (including villiage girls), or if it's more of a character specific thing in a free form story that isn't entirely bound by tags. A full NTR route might face problems of improper set up. Basically, the MC supposedly having amazing sperm and being "The One" to impregnate them all but then ending up as a spectacular failure or something might seem a bit contrived. Curious to see how it's handled.

The harem route changes the story with Carla and it becomes more of a Netori vibe and Carla herself becomes a more sympathetic figure. Good stuff. This route seems like it would fit better thematically with the whole set up of MC being the chosen breeder.

Anyways, this is obviously not going to appeal to the harem purists who want all LI to be pure girls, no scandalous bitches, no other males involved, no lesbian shit, etc etc. There are plenty of people with less idealized views of harem, so just do your thing.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Just opened the game and restarted.
Super early but I do love the effect on the train, a lot of devs would of made it a static image but i appreciate the animation.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Or scrap all of episode 1 or 2 and scrub any and all evidence of NTR/voyeur/cuck type of content because as most devs find out to late fans of either type of content do not like the other and it never works for either side.
This.....this is what should have happened. He made this whole OP about a guy impregnating a whole town and what did we get..... A ntr fest in the first release. He put up a pole and what did they say Paul needed to disappear. the problem is instead of a harem game he created a ntr game. instead of doing what the poles showed he kept the second dick in the game. First we had a LI in the bathroom getting hammered by Paul.... now we got a un-named twin to a LI getting hammered by Paul.

How to make the bathroom scene right... simple Mc sees Paul leaving the bathroom and then a girl coming out a minute after him. Obvious evidence of cheating. Nothing else is seen nothing else could possible be heard. Hell you dont even have to render the scene just have the mc state thats what he saw simple as that. Main Li then listens to the mc goes off fucks the mc and walks out on Paul right then and there. at that point Paul is no longer in the game and it actually would be more of a harem then what we have now. But hey who the fuck am I to make up ideas that could work its not like I have played 100s vns and harem games or actually write these kind of stories.....
you cant market to the harem crowd but start of with nothing but ntr content... it just doesnt work many have tried most all have failed and this one failed hard right out the gate. He needs to decide WHO he really wants as his audience and stick to it he claims its harem then damn well stick to how a harem game player would want their game to be not this hashed over stuff. I will give him credit for trying but he will still struggle to regain the trust of the harem crowd he wanted if he leaves this other stuff in the game.

Last edited:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
This.....this is what should have happened. He made this whole OP about a guy impregnating a whole town and what did we get..... A ntr fest in the first release. He put up a pole and what did they say Paul needed to disappear. the problem is instead of a harem game he created a ntr game. instead of doing what the poles showed he kept the second dick in the game. First we had a LI in the bathroom getting hammered by Paul.... now we got a un-named twin to a LI getting hammered by Paul.

How to make the bathroom scene right... simple Mc sees Paul leaving the bathroom and then a girl coming out a minute after him. Obvious evidence of cheating. Nothing else is seen nothing else could possible be heard. Hell you dont even have to render the scene just have the mc state thats what he saw simple as that. Main Li then listens to the mc goes off fucks the mc and walks out on Paul right then and there. at that point Paul is no longer in the game and it actually would be more of a harem then what we have now. But hey who the fuck am I to make up ideas that could work its not like I have played 100s vns and harem games or actually write these kind of stories.....
you cant market to the harem crown but start of with nothing but ntr content... it just doesnt work many have tried most all have failed and this one failed hard right out the gate. He needs to decide WHO he really wants as his audience and stick to it he claims its harem then damn well stick to how a harem game player would want their game to be not this hashed over stuff. I will give him credit for trying but he will still struggle to regain the trust of the harem crowd he wanted if he leaves this other stuff in the game.
Not sure what the point of the poll was if he wasn't going to listen to his supporters anyway...

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Not sure what the point of the poll was if he wasn't going to listen to his supporters anyway...
It's eerily similar to another dev a few years back that had a similar start where they tried to make a harem/romance game but made the same mistake of having a LI be with another guy in an early release and of course got a bunch of back lash so he did what this dev did and made a poll and 85% voted to remove the scene and have no more NTR. But the dev said "well what about that 15% I can't just go against what they want" so instead he adds an NTR path where he should have understood what his supporter base was and, in the end, he lost almost all of the 85% and was left with the 15% and ended up abandoning the game because interest took a nosedive. If this dev has his heart set on pissing off the fan base he says he wants and going down the same road as that other dev that's his call and I'll have another useless internet story to tell when the next dev comes on the scene and decides to sell a game as one thing and produce the complete opposite.

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes