Ren'Py - The Bum [v0.7.5 Beta] [JTStudio]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Refuge24

Animations are good and the story is easy enough to follow but a proofreader would be very welcome. There is a lot of grind though so if you don’t have a lot of time to kill and patience you might want to look elsewhere.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

alex2341

Will be Great if garnett becomes Mrs parker and she can contine her story in Gordon.
    Of course we may want to see more garnett story and Mrs parker story.
    The MC may have more fucks with Mrs parker.
    Also more scenes would be great like in car,at kitchen,fuck when she is sleeping.
    Even better than Gordon, gorgeous .
    With patience we get good content,the only not good thing is the content is not that much.
    Please focus on Bella,Beidjet and Garnett.To be honest,the other charactor is not much attactive to me, and maybe most other people.
    So why not focus on the successful chatactor and add their content like scenes, gestures,fetish,peek ,outside, buying clothes and many other points?
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Tevils

Very playable, CG is also very good, but skipping animations is slow and acceptable once or twice. However, they often skip time continuously or buy a large number of items, which can be a waste of time, possibly due to engine issues.

Free exploration is good, but there are some unclear prompts in the game that need to be combined with the strategy to play, otherwise I may have played for several hours and still have no progress in the plot.

I personally suggest that time hopping can improve
  4. 4.00 star(s)

afroafro

The game is very good, besides being something I've always looked for. The arts are good, the story is interesting. The possibilities of time, stories, variations of states of the character. I really wanted to see it finished or more solid. Different from the other game that is stopped, which was also interesting, but a little lost. This one has everything to be a work of art, but lacks things or will or investment for the developer.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

NBVCXW666

Typical sandbox, 50 clicks to get to anywhere, with the added bonus of random gameover screens. (rollback is disabled btw)
    Made worse by a painfully slow gameplay, we're talking 7sec hard pauses, 2sec transitions. (skipping is disabled btw²)
    I had to edit the script to remove HUNDREDS of random stops the dev added to waste the players time.

Then there's MC with his Giant Cock syndrome and the botched surgery / blow-up doll models ...
    Reading the last few pages in this thread it looks like the dev has no intention of fixing anything.

As of 0.4.5, I can't give it more than 1star.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

hunt005

First of all this game has a diversity of women, you like big Butts, you got it, you like more of a Models type, you got that too. Abigail, Jaqueline and Garnet are top 11/11 hot level.
    It has an entertaining story just like the previous game from the same developer, plus improved art and animations, so why not give it 5 stars? simply because it is very frustrating at times because of how difficult it is, and unclear on how to advance. I see almost mandatory the use of walkthrough in the state the game is now and I see very necessary to add a skip day button.

Now dev if you are reading this keep up the great work and take into account the constructive criticism, your game has potential.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

anondawgi

As of version 0.4

Pros:
    1. Good animation.
    2. Developer is proactive with updates.
    Cons:
    1. Game overs when switching scenes (getting killed, or arrested).
    2. Poorly Translated.
    3. You're on your own even when looking at hints. Ex. hint will tell you to talk to maria and you do but nothing happens because you didnt do something else that isnt in the hint.
    4. Bad mechanics.
    5. Models IMO look terrible.(yes they have big tits and ass but their faces look like they had botched plastic face surgery)
    6. Developer tries to make the game be more complex than it needs to be.
    I wouldn't recommend the game in its current state but I believe the developer will fix the issues with this game and it will be great in the future or not.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Zieniuuu

Awful game, with random deaths, while walking around the map with no chance to quickly save it before, weird plot, no quest tab like in Gordon and many many more downs. In Overall poor experience, 2bad cuz few characters look really good and would love to see at least scenes with them
  9. 1.00 star(s)

NPC041188

Don't want to talk bad about a game I haven't played. BUT I CAN'T FUCKING PLAY THIS!
    5 times i tried to load it up, and perpetually get stick on th Warning intro page where I can't see the Yes/No and randomly click, then the guy in the chair either gets the shit kicked out of him and the game closes, or gets the gun pressed under his chin then the game closes.

I don't know what the FUCK is going on and I know the game is free, but when the game is near 3GB this sort of shit shouldn't be happening!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

TheimmortalP

It's got a lot of promise, and I really dig the atmosphere, but I'm gonna gonna be able to get anywhere in this game without a really good walkthrough. If you see this, and someone makes one, please let me know.

This does need to be said btw. This game is very poory translated.

Edit as of version .47

I think I'm done with the game for now.

I got 2 big issues with the game:

1. You're given no direction at all. I thought that the walkthrough would help, but it's so disorganized, and doesn't help you start off, and feels like it's aimed at someone that's put over 20 hours into the game and is replaying it.

BTW, the way the walkthrough is is written, it's clear that either the creator is writing it, or someone that works for the creator wrote it, so this is totally a valid complaint as it's part of the whole package.

2. I was able to get further in the game with the walkthrough, and it led me to a horrible realization. The translation was already bad in the beginning, but it was coherent and interesting enough for me to be able to enjoy it. Whoever is tranlating the game really started half assing it.

I still think that these problems can be fixed however, and I have a little faith that enough people make it clear that this a promising title that has a lot of issues that need to be worked on, it could be something great, so I'm only dropping it to 3 stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Arshavinstyle

At the moment it is in beta but it has plenty of content and being a sandbox that simulates "real life" because of the needs of your character such as showering, eating, grooming etc... . They make it an incredible game and at the same time it detoxifies you from all the other visual novels. Because it makes you think about how to survive, time management, decision making with the other characters, problem solving etc... . Well built world and it seems to be a future that can expand in size and options within it. The renders are of high quality as are the animations. Finally, whether you are a wanderer or a normal person you will discover great things.

If you have never played his previous game, the beginning of this one will seem like dark souls or escape from tarkov because its learning curve is much higher and more realistic than most games out there. Take your time and think.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

The Wizard of Oz

Completely incomprehensible gameplay mechanics, I didn't even get to the main content in the game to see and evaluate something. If you want to feel humiliated and that you are nobody, play this game, it is impossible to use any services here, you are kicked out from everywhere, if you need to skip time, you need to press the time skip a huge number of times, because it skips in 20-30 minutes at a time, and if you need to skip time from Monday to Saturday, this is hellish torment, why complicate everything so much?Is not clear what to do, there are a lot of marks on the map, but they are completely useless, in the walkthrough it is said to go to the banker during the day and talk to her, but they kick me out of there. As a result, it is not clear what to do, I already used cheat and looked through all the cracks, but this game turned out to be stronger than me. I gave up.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

nandaja

Good game, busty/curvy/thick models, nice story, good animations, the attention to the details in the graphics (objetcs, streets etc) is a nice touch, but god damn is it frustrating to play this stuff.
    Would have been perfect 5/5 game if it had the skip day button, if it was possible to roll back the actions/choices, if they were more/clearer hints, if it had a gallery so we can go back and watch the scenes or at least know how many scenes are available and how many are we missing or haven't achieved yet.
    Many of these issues have been brought to the dev many times by many of his supporters, and he did come up with some few changes and ameliorations regarding the gameplay and other small things here and there but there's still many things to improve about the game.
    I'm giving it a 4/5 because it deserves more than a 3, but Joutento if you're reading this, please try to make some serious changes about your game, it deserves to be great.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

JoeBlack132

I liked the game. At first it was difficult, but then I understood the aspects of this game and after studying the game world and characters, I was able to go through to the end by opening all the events.
    From the advantages of the game:
    + I really liked the graphics in general (animation and picture)
    + It is worth noting the efforts of the author when creating characters. They are all different and all sexy in their own way.
    + The game world itself is quite logical and worked out. To give an example of at least buying drugs, or a relationship with any of the characters. Everything is interconnected and in order to finish off the location of one girl, you will have to try, and not just select the desired dialogue and click "skip" to the scene.
    + Each character has its own character. And I really like the sexy mood of the game. She holds you to the end.
    Of the minuses of the game I want to note:
    - It is not always clear from the hint what to do. But it's good that there is support in the discord.
    - I would like to add a more improved "time pass"
    I give the highest rating because many people who wrote the most negative review are people of small mind. The developer tries and communicates with the audience. He is neither silent nor inactive. My respects.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

puhpaluhp

Some time while later
    Some time while later
    Some time while later
    Some time while later
    Some time while later

But seriously this game is terrible. I'm not exactly sure what the percentage is but its gotta be above 80% chance of you getting a game over scene just from leaving to different areas. Idk why the hell your character is so excited to tell two thugs that "yes that is my name" you would think your character would be a lot more cautious, but no, which leads you to dying over and over. I would give this game 0 stars until that's fixed also the constant camera shaking is really obnoxious.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Cirnex

Do you need more frustration in your life? Try this game. It's the perfect blend of tedious clicking and stat management sprinkled with awful gameplay mechanics (Hidden waypoints? Really, dev?)

Even GORDON was more playable than this.