VN Ren'Py The Cabin - Summer Vacation - Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Just started it and the MC sitting on the couch with Lisa and the MC is Hazel not the custom name I gave him.
Actually I'm a little confused by this, my script doesn't show it as Hazel saying it :unsure:

EDIT: Oof, found it

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Yeah it follows a linear story, after seeing how much work Cheeky and Ace put into tracking options in WTHI I knew I'd have no chance, so stuck with it being a linear VN
No need to oversimplify it, as there is no need to make it overly complex as WTHI as well.
A balance in between would be the best option imo.
It should be not that hard to have a few routes with the three main girls, and that would make the game a lot better, imo again.
Actually I'm a little confused by this, my script doesn't show it as Hazel saying it :unsure:
check the "fixed" script/post from above;)

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Don't know what to tell you. You'll have to ask Abhai.

No need to oversimplify it, as there is no need to make it overly complex as WTHI as well.
It should be not that hard to have a few routes with the three main girls, and that would make the game a lot better, imo again.
Yeah, there is definitely a balance that would appeal to a lot of people. I personally don't play Kinetic Novels. I play to make choices. I don't need 50K choices like in WTHI but being able to choose who the MC fucks or peeps on (I hate peeping), is better.

Reactions: Abhai

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019

check the "fixed" script/post from above;)
I did originally have a few options, but if memory serves, say I have some variable in part one like "$ peekpanties = 0" but then in part 2 I add another variable like "$ sleep = 0" or some shit, then the saves from part 1 wouldn't work, or at least that's how I remember it being :p I only looked into renpy for like a week 2 years back xD

I might see about taking on a coder at some point :p

Reactions: Abhai

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote