acewinz

Developer of "The Call of Darkness"
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Thankyou very much! I was lost looking at google spewing sites from cycling to fertilizer and museums.
It requires a bit of work to learn how to use it, but there are plenty of premade scenarios on the hub that you can simply load and play. If you want something more customizable and not think too much about it, look into VAMX. Basically adds an easy use interface with a lot of pre-developed content and characters and the upper tier in development adds AI responsive characters/command interface.

pastametal

Jun 23, 2021
It requires a bit of work to learn how to use it, but there are plenty of premade scenarios on the hub that you can simply load and play. If you want something more customizable and not think too much about it, look into VAMX. Basically adds an easy use interface with a lot of pre-developed content and characters and the upper tier in development adds AI responsive characters/command interface.
Oh that is great info, I've been looking into getting an idea for a short VN for a while but looking at DAZ I got stumped.

As a thank you I want to share how the spelling for Tacito Bell should be: Taquito. The C in Taco is a K sound, however when used in Tacito the C becomes an S sound. Though it is also rather funny and you might want to keep it as Tacito as a joke. Its not a big deal, really, I just wanted you to know, or maybe you already did.

So far I am enjoying the story, and as someone plagued by lucid dreaming this tickles my fancy.

• Haha
Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Oh that is great info, I've been looking into getting an idea for a short VN for a while but looking at DAZ I got stumped.

As a thank you I want to share how the spelling for Tacito Bell should be: Taquito. The C in Taco is a K sound, however when used in Tacito the C becomes an S sound. Though it is also rather funny and you might want to keep it as Tacito as a joke. Its not a big deal, really, I just wanted you to know, or maybe you already did.

So far I am enjoying the story, and as someone plagued by lucid dreaming this tickles my fancy.
Haha, I didn't even consider Taquito's actual spelling and was just ripping on a bastardized evolution of Taco Bell.

Reactions: pastametal

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
Not a bad start but the pace is like 50% too slow.

The banter is too longwinded. What should be a clever 2 line exchange is stretched into a dozen back and forth exchanges. Both the intro with Alina and the beach introduction scene felt like they dragged on way too long.

Part of this can be dismissed as early-game exposition dump but I think we would generally be better served having shorter scenes that accomplish one or two things then having super long scenes that try to do everything(flirting, character development, plot advancement, backstory, comedy). Instead of constantly jumping between serious/professional and flirty/seduction within a single conversation in too jarring a way, you could have scenes that lean into the flirting when appropriate (or not), and other scenes where we can take the plot and story more seriously without having to surrender the sense of tension or discovery in favor of lewds.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
As expected from Ace the humour is well done and the writing is solid. I have to agree with the assessment that the pace is a bit too slow and the dialogue too long-winded. The humour is there as I already wrote, but it could do with being a bit sharper and on point.

The art... well, it's really just okay. Nothing great but absolutely serviceable. The two ladies in the intro were definitely above the rest of the cast when it came to visuals.

I'll hold back with a review for a few versions more, but I will definitely follow this one.

Hadron-5

Jul 16, 2023
What does shadows in darkness mean? It's as devoid of semantics as a public statement from AT&T. It's like cold in snow or absent father in VNs.

acewinz

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
What does shadows in darkness mean? It's as devoid of semantics as a public statement from AT&T. It's like cold in snow or absent father in VNs.
That is almost as bad as being devoid of creativity or attention to detail. For example, not all words have a single meaning, and Shadows, is capitalized.

Reactions: snakeplisskin

Hadron-5

Jul 16, 2023
That is almost as bad as being devoid of creativity or attention to detail. For example, not all words have a single meaning, and Shadows, is capitalized.
That makes it even worse :(
Capitalized Shadows grammatically declares that it is something well defined, but no such definition was offered. It is the equivalent of using an acronym, say LSP2FXE, with full awareness that no one would know what it means. The situation has escalated from redundant to intentionally obtuse.

• Haha

acewinz

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
That makes it even worse :(
Capitalized Shadows grammatically declares that it is something well defined, but no such definition was offered. It is the equivalent of using an acronym, say LSP2FXE, with full awareness that no one would know what it means. The situation has escalated from redundant to intentionally obtuse.
One persons obtuse is another persons double entendre. Doesn't it feel kinda silly to compare made up acronyms to an actual word that has obvious meaning, but could mean more in the context of having read a story?

But honestly it is just an applicable tagline meant to hopefully intrigue a person enough to see more. If it doesn't do it for you Hadron-5, then feel free not to enjoy the intro I posted here for free. (See what I did there? Feel free to deconstruct it if you like, but I just don't have the time or inclination to feed you anymore.)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes