IceCreamParty

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
IceCreamParty
Dunno where the correct way to contact you regarding bugs is so... posting here for now....
There seems to be a bug that happens when sleeping or just different times of the day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So decided to look for it and found...
Btw, I renamed to better debug it it and find which one was popping, all of them at different days and time.
For now I just disabled them since they're mostly popup labels from what I beolieve. And having `bathroom` appearing while interacting with the girls was quite annoying.

Anyway, thnks for you work.
Gonna continue playing.
Hello and thank you, I hadn't noticed. Actually the error is not where you mark it, but in the box where I show the quests. Since I have not given the order to renpy to close mom's location, when I close the quest box.
Regards

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
Hi IceCreamParty overall your game is pretty good but the money aspect of the game needs some balancing.
Right now in my playthrough the tasks for all characters either say "no more content" or the event requires some money to progress, I've done a quick calculation of how much money I need for all of them and if I did my math correctly I need 7000 in total.
That is about 11 in game weeks of income. Having to skip that much time just be able to progress a few characters is not what I would call fun gameplay.
Plus the prices are so unrealistic it's a joke.
2000 for the gym
1400 for an eel
1300 for a bunny suit
1700 for a bikini (+1000 for the bikini before that)
and if I remember correctly 700 to fuck the multishop clerk (this is the only one that kind of makes sense given the income)

Maybe this won't be as much of a problem in future versions because there will more content to fill the time.

Edit : to put this into perspective.
When was the last time you played a game where you had to sleep for 2 to 3 in game weeks to unlock a single event ?

Last edited:

IceCreamParty

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
Hi IceCreamParty overall your game is pretty good but the money aspect of the game needs some balancing.
Right now in my playthrough the tasks for all characters either say "no more content" or the event requires some money to progress, I've done a quick calculation of how much money I need for all of them and if I did my math correctly I need 7000 in total.
That is about 11 in game weeks of income. Having to skip that much time just be able to progress a few characters is not what I would call fun gameplay.
Plus the prices are so unrealistic it's a joke.
2000 for the gym
1400 for an eel
1300 for a bunny suit
1700 for a bikini (+1000 for the bikini before that)
and if I remember correctly 700 to fuck the multishop clerk (this is the only one that kind of makes sense given the income)

Maybe this won't be as much of a problem in future versions because there will more content to fill the time.

Edit : to put this into perspective.
When was the last time you played a game where you had to sleep for 2 to 3 in game weeks to unlock a single event ?
Hi, thanks for your feedback.
It's my first sandbox game and as I've mentioned before, I'm not a big gamer so that leads me to make mistakes.
In particular regarding the prices, I don't think they are crazy (I say that). Because if I make a comparison with "real life" prices I don't find any difference. Although I can say that my mistake is to call the currency "Dollars". If the currency were called "pitipupipoff", maybe this question would not exist.

Regarding "sleeping 2 or 3 weeks", I will tell you the same thing I have told other people. You have other characters to progress. While doing so, you shorten the waiting time to unlock the girl you are most interested in. There are more than 15 different girls.

The game has its flaws, for example I am aware that I have created a map that is too big with too many doors. For the second season I have modified and simplified it.
I am self-taught, so I think you can tell when something in the game belongs to a more or less old update. Over time I have learned things and I will continue learning, making improvements either for "The Caretaker" or my next game.

Greetings and thanks for writing ✌

Reactions: Mrkraken888 and IXL

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
Regarding "sleeping 2 or 3 weeks", I will tell you the same thing I have told other people. You have other characters to progress. While doing so, you shorten the waiting time to unlock the girl you are most interested in. There are more than 15 different girls.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I had already finished all content with all the girls, apart from the ones that where locked behind money. That's why I wrote to you to explain that I got forced to sleep roughly 3 in game month because there was no more content to go through to "wait" for the money to come in.

Reactions: IceCreamParty
Oct 1, 2020
How many times do I sit with Simona to progress her? Also, I think the online store is bugged because I can't buy the bunny suit. It only buys fish food.

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
How many times do I sit with Simona to progress her? Also, I think the online store is bugged because I can't buy the bunny suit. It only buys fish food.
Depending on where you are in Simona's content, you might need to interact with her at different times. If I remember correctly it's 3 times for each scene to develop to the max.
The online shop has multiple categories on the left side, the one called "your sister" has the bunny suit.

Oct 1, 2020
Depending on where you are in Simona's content, you might need to interact with her at different times. If I remember correctly it's 3 times for each scene to develop to the max.
The online shop has multiple categories on the left side, the one called "your sister" has the bunny suit.
No, I get both of those. It's that the shop is bugged for me and whenever I *DO* try to buy the suit, the game just reads that as me buying fish food for some reason. And with Simona, I've interacted with her no less than 14 times (twice a day for a week straight) and yet to progress her.

Sleepy0703

Nov 26, 2017
The Caretaker [v0.21] [IceCreamParty] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [227 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac [214 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Planning on compressing this new version?

Reactions: Bob69 and Anonis007

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
The Caretaker [First Season v0.23] [IceCreamParty] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [269 MB]
- - -

Mac [253 MB]
- - -

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 10 Votes