VN Others Abandoned The Caretaker [v0.29] [The Circle]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I didn't even have to download this to know pretty much what type of stuff is in it. Models (including the MC) found in Big Brother and similar clones (Ways of Life, for instance); choices between giving in to lust or trying to be a paragon of virtuous love; the promise of "meaningful" results to your choices; and guaranteed sandboxing to make you unnecessarily waste a bunch of time hoping to peek on a girl dressing, rubbing lotion on her front and/or back, "accidentally" walking in on her during a shower, etc....

Honestly, if you're gonna have all of that stuff, at least make it entertaining and different. One of the things that makes games like Power Vacuum or Fall Fable much better is bringing some degree of originality to the game: use different models, present clever humor, provide unexpected outcomes. Assuming they're still active in making games in some way or another, hopefully The Circle can learn from this venture and come to the table with a much better idea next time.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I feel like people keep cloning BB because it was followed so heavily and abandoned for...reasons...and since then people have benn trying to reload it and finish the new attempt. Can we just get behind one of these attempts till it's finished so we can finally put this premise and models to rest?

Reactions: Drafox
Mar 11, 2018
I feel like people keep cloning BB because it was followed so heavily and abandoned for...reasons...and since then people have benn trying to reload it and finish the new attempt. Can we just get behind one of these attempts till it's finished so we can finally put this premise and models to rest?
My bigger concern is whether these copycats even get approved by original BB dev or the dev doesn't give a crap or these models are open source meaning anyone can drop in.

Reactions: Drafox

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
My bigger concern is whether these copycats even get approved by original BB dev or the dev doesn't give a crap or these models are open source meaning anyone can drop in.
The models are easy to reproduce as long as you bought the DAZ3D resources (models, hair, clothes, etc.) so anyone can theoretically render them. BB does not own them. The clones appear so often because of patreon ending the funding on any content that has anything to do with incest (among other things) and BB's devs don't feel confident enough (or they are just lazy) to use other ways to finance the project (although there are plenty).

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
I didn't even have to download this to know pretty much what type of stuff is in it. Models (including the MC) found in Big Brother and similar clones (Ways of Life, for instance); choices between giving in to lust or trying to be a paragon of virtuous love; the promise of "meaningful" results to your choices; and guaranteed sandboxing to make you unnecessarily waste a bunch of time hoping to peek on a girl dressing, rubbing lotion on her front and/or back, "accidentally" walking in on her during a shower, etc....

Honestly, if you're gonna have all of that stuff, at least make it entertaining and different. One of the things that makes games like Power Vacuum or Fall Fable much better is bringing some degree of originality to the game: use different models, present clever humor, provide unexpected outcomes. Assuming they're still active in making games in some way or another, hopefully The Circle can learn from this venture and come to the table with a much better idea next time.
Exactly this shit is giving me a headache.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Another game added to the RIP list, oh well, it was fun :cool:;)

9inchz

Oct 2, 2017
why abandon
this could've been fun
specially with the hidden pictures(dark sex & fan art)alot of them
plz get back to it

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes