OwMyFace

Oct 21, 2016
Nah, just a news update.

5.1.12 did get released, but all that does is add a very basic, and not very throughlly intergrated Lust and Stamina feature. Westane is the kind of dev who'll release a thousand and one new versions, each one only having a small change. It's intended for testing for the most part.

Development for 5.2 is well underway and my pre-alpha patrons already have a taste of things to come (spoiler: a shit ton of bugs and typos)! At this stage, I don't have a lot to share so this will be a pretty light post, but expect something a lot meatier next week!

Meaningful Grinding

There was a long comment on my game's threat over at TFGameSite where someone said they missed the old relationship point system from 5.0, with the reason being that it gave them a sense of progression when spending time with people. While I fully understand the placebo effect at work here, the fact that the mechanic itself wasn't doing anything past tickling that sweet spot in a player's brain ultimately led to me cutting it.

I get the satisfaction in seeing a number going up, but there needs to be a point in it. There needs to be actual progression, not just a sense of progression.

With that, I've decided to make the new mechanic of 5.2 the introduction of two new (but actually old) stats in the form of the tentatively named Lust and Stamina.

Lust is, for all intents and purposes, the old Relationship stat. The difference is that it's built up via direct interaction rather than passive choices. Intricate choices like kissing your mom on the cheek after she's been dosed a couple times, or sliding your hand down to Dakota's ass in an otherwise innocent hug can increase a person's Lust value. Furthermore, Lust is used as a threshold that must be met before you'll be able to further dose someone. For example, once you've dosed your mom to be horny around you, you'll need to raise their Lust value to at least 10 via actions that will unlock before you can administer another dose.

Getting Hands-On

So about those actions. Stamina is a new resource in the game that's presented much like how time passage is. Whenever you're in a position where you can interact with someone, say, sitting in front of the TV with your mom, you'll be given a list of available interactions with associated Stamina costs. Each interaction will trigger a small progression event and return you to the scene with the chance to take another action. You can repeat until either you trigger a major event, or run out of Stamina. Of course, stamina will recharge over time, and recharge fully overnight.

The underlying goal with 5.2, aside from Ava's content, is to give players a sense of progression for repeating scenes, as well as some excitement in seeing how the scenes change based on previous choices. Additionally, the sense of actually being in control of what you're doing to other characters on an intimate level goes a long way in cranking up the, um, ero factor of the game.

As always, thank you all for your support, and look forward to more pre-alpha builds and more information on 5.2!

Reactions: luisar018

kevintheghost

May 25, 2017
from what i can from not being a patron either he is posting constant slightly updated versions or just dev posts updating what is going on.

eskimhoe

May 30, 2017
Is there a way that I can change the code so it can recognize .gif instead of .jpg? I would like to change some of the .jpg into .gifs

nopalcetorun

May 9, 2017
Is there a way that I can change the code so it can recognize .gif instead of .jpg? I would like to change some of the .jpg into .gifs
Just open the .html with any text editor, find (Ctrl-F) an undesired filename and replace it with your own.

PsychoFoxOne

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Is there save compatibility across versions? I haven't managed to go from 5.1.10 to 5.1.11... That sucks!

PsychoFoxOne

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Westane has to implement save compatibility. Otherwise the game's audience ain't gonna stick around for long...

OwMyFace

Oct 21, 2016
Westane has to implement save compatibility. Otherwise the game's audience ain't gonna stick around for long...
Well, you would be in luck. As he's done just that.

The patchnotes of 5.1.25:
  • Update game file to help alleviate disappearing save files for all builds AFTER this one
  • Removed 5.1.24 link, replaced with this one
  • Added fingering to bedroom scene with mom
  • Added anal fingering to bedroom scene with mom
  • Added vaginal oral to bedroom scene with mom

Also, before someone asks, I don't share the Play Online links for Alpha builds because they generally don't even last 24 hours. Westane releases a new build of the game more or less everyday, and with each new build comes a new Play Online link, and down goes the previous one.

Westane has taken to only releasing physical downloads for large content updates (for example 5.1, 5.2, ect)

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say at this rate of development, 5.2 is fairly close to completion. Maybe two thirds complete?

Reactions: luisar018

ninjasmurf73

Nov 18, 2017
One of the best mind control games being made currently. Decent amount of material (late alpha/beginning beta stage). Definitely worth a look
Overview:
The Company is an AIF game set in the universe established by Wandrer on the ASSTR database, with his permission. This game focuses on the very early years of The Company before it became what Wandrer made it into, and aside from the entity itself borrows little to nothing else from his works. You choose your character's name and gender and set off down a path of corruption, perversion, and control. As the game progresses, you\'ll encounter more people to corrupt, and more ways to do it utilizing the various devices and drugs you'll develop in the Company laboratory.

Update: 25-11-17
Developer: Westane
Version: 0.5.1
Censorship: No
Language: English
Genre: Adventure, Oral, Small Tits, Incest, Mind-Control, Transformation

Installation:
1- Unzip into it's own folder
2- click on the HTML file

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD: - -
Thanks @Laufe for the link

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Sorter

PsychoFoxOne

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
NOICE!
Well, you would be in luck. As he's done just that.

The patchnotes of 5.1.25:
  • Update game file to help alleviate disappearing save files for all builds AFTER this one
  • Removed 5.1.24 link, replaced with this one
  • Added fingering to bedroom scene with mom
  • Added anal fingering to bedroom scene with mom
  • Added vaginal oral to bedroom scene with mom

Also, before someone asks, I don't share the Play Online links for Alpha builds because they generally don't even last 24 hours. Westane releases a new build of the game more or less everyday, and with each new build comes a new Play Online link, and down goes the previous one.

Westane has taken to only releasing physical downloads for large content updates (for example 5.1, 5.2, ect)

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say at this rate of development, 5.2 is fairly close to completion. Maybe two thirds complete?

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
One of the best mind control games being made currently. Decent amount of material (late alpha/beginning beta stage). Definitely worth a look
Overview:
The Company is an AIF game set in the universe established by Wandrer on the ASSTR database, with his permission. This game focuses on the very early years of The Company before it became what Wandrer made it into, and aside from the entity itself borrows little to nothing else from his works. You choose your character's name and gender and set off down a path of corruption, perversion, and control. As the game progresses, you\'ll encounter more people to corrupt, and more ways to do it utilizing the various devices and drugs you'll develop in the Company laboratory.

Update: 25-11-17
Developer: Westane
Version: 0.5.1
Censorship: No
Language: English
Genre: Adventure, Oral, Small Tits, Incest, Mind-Control, Transformation

Installation:
1- Unzip into it's own folder
2- click on the HTML file

DOWNLOAD: - -
Thanks @Laufe for the link

[/QUOTE

I have The Company V5.1.10 and 5.1.11, is this version newer than my ....

3.90 star(s) 71 Votes