BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
**Quick update**
This update has dragged on for longer than any other. To lower some expectations - No it won't be much longer than all previous releases. It will be slightly longer than the average update.
Part of why it's taken so long is because I believe I over complicated this release by wanting to include too many routes. When options are included I need to take into account not only what will happen in this release but also how certain choices will affect the outcome later down the line. While I have a clear idea of where things will go, branching out the story creates exponentially more alternative storylines.

I didn't want to bring up this issue with you since you are the players and I don't think you should be bothered with issues regarding the narrative structure unless you already got a chance to play it before. While I love all your suggestions and comments, these issues are more regarding the ganeplay and structure of the plot rather than the plot itself.

**Some light spoilers below:**
I originally wanted to include three branches in the beginning where GG can decide to take Astrid to either Jamal or the clubhouse to go get her mother or not help her at all and go alone to Jamal.
I decided to drop the option of bringing Astrid to Jamal. Originally, I wanted that choice to eventually merge back with the clubhouse storyline, but it felt too forced and unnatural within the narrative.
The path where GG goes to Jamal alone would only be available to Gretchen if she is on Jamal's path and will lead to a choice that is limited by GG's previous actions. The problem with choices such as this one where the player is locked into a path is that it sort of railroads the player from earlier choices.
The clubhouse storyline on the other hand is supposed to be limited to the path were GG will try to frame Dredd and that path will also offer a choice on how to proceed.
So basically I'm conflicted between two approaches: making the choices in the game feel truly meaningful, but limiting the player's future agency, or adding more choices while making earlier decisions less impactful.

**Current status:**
I played through the release yesterday and there is some polishing to add, dialogue that needs to be rewritten, some sound design and an additional scene, the release close to being wrapped up. I'm thinking like a week or two more. Thank you for being patient, I know this has been a drag.

1727736777919.png
1727736802283.png
1727736812875.png

Apr 18, 2024
**Quick update**
This update has dragged on for longer than any other. To lower some expectations - No it won't be much longer than all previous releases. It will be slightly longer than the average update.
Part of why it's taken so long is because I believe I over complicated this release by wanting to include too many routes. When options are included I need to take into account not only what will happen in this release but also how certain choices will affect the outcome later down the line. While I have a clear idea of where things will go, branching out the story creates exponentially more alternative storylines.

I didn't want to bring up this issue with you since you are the players and I don't think you should be bothered with issues regarding the narrative structure unless you already got a chance to play it before. While I love all your suggestions and comments, these issues are more regarding the ganeplay and structure of the plot rather than the plot itself.

**Some light spoilers below:**
I originally wanted to include three branches in the beginning where GG can decide to take Astrid to either Jamal or the clubhouse to go get her mother or not help her at all and go alone to Jamal.
I decided to drop the option of bringing Astrid to Jamal. Originally, I wanted that choice to eventually merge back with the clubhouse storyline, but it felt too forced and unnatural within the narrative.
The path where GG goes to Jamal alone would only be available to Gretchen if she is on Jamal's path and will lead to a choice that is limited by GG's previous actions. The problem with choices such as this one where the player is locked into a path is that it sort of railroads the player from earlier choices.
The clubhouse storyline on the other hand is supposed to be limited to the path were GG will try to frame Dredd and that path will also offer a choice on how to proceed.
So basically I'm conflicted between two approaches: making the choices in the game feel truly meaningful, but limiting the player's future agency, or adding more choices while making earlier decisions less impactful.

**Current status:**
I played through the release yesterday and there is some polishing to add, dialogue that needs to be rewritten, some sound design and an additional scene, the release close to being wrapped up. I'm thinking like a week or two more. Thank you for being patient, I know this has been a drag.

View attachment 4087117
View attachment 4087119
View attachment 4087120
damn whats happening with astrid there

Reactions: doni750
3.90 star(s) 40 Votes