VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Cruise [prologue] [Ranger]

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Reminds me of Nothing is Forever (esp. before the dev made changes to the graphics), though he definitely didn't use that much of black outlines (I honestly think they're a little bit overdone here). Storywise I'm neither hooked nor uninterested; while I certainly dislike Sharon and don't plan touching students (teachers though, definitely; btw why are there 2 biology teachers?) there's not enough story and dialogues to even guess how good or bad it's going to be. Given there's so many characters I hope for a solid amount of choices throughout. In any case I'll definitely return to see how the game develops. Good luck to the dev.
Nice catch on the biology teachers! Nicole is the history teacher, I switched the models and forgot to change the jobs as well. The game will be pure sandbox, no story (except for seducing the girls, etc.), so it won't have "choices" like in VN games.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017

Hi all,

I'm done with the code for the free-roam of the ship, but when I did a test run through the game I noticed a few things. Firs of all, the girls are more than they were in WW. Second - there is no rotating schedule for sleeping, so all of them are awake during the day and sleep at night (with a few exceptions). Third - there are fewer locations (I got rid of some of the 'boring' ones like the boat garage, the lower pool and the cinema). All those combined lead to some locations becoming "overcrowded" during certain hours - e.g. the pool during the day and it would feel weird to start an event with some girl that's out of focus at the back of the scene.

So I decided to change a bit the whole UI of the game. Instead of what you're probably used to by now (having buttons for the talk, look, actions, etc. for all the girls in a certain location), I'll try to make it like a two-step interaction. First you'll need to select the girl which will lead to a zoomed-in picture on her and then you'll have to select the appropriate action to trigger an event. And don't worry - there will be hints which girls have active events on a certain location, so you won't have to click pointlessly just to figure it out.

For example imagine you being at the hut tub on the fifth deck at 22:00. This is what you'll see:
lvl5 tub shar ops drink amnd uni drink karn ops drink mei ops drink night.png

Now, if you want to interact with Mei (the math teacher on the left), you'll click her icon and you'll see this image:
lvl5 tub shar ops drink amnd uni drink karn ops drink mei ops drink night mei.png

And if there are any active events with Mei, you'll see icons for each one.

On the plus side of this, you'll get to see more images from different angles on the images in the free-roam mode. On the minus side... well, those are more images for me to make. Though I have most of the work done already (I'll be using the same scenes), there is still the time to go through all of them to add new cameras for all the girls in every scene. and with 21 girls on the ship this means roughly 8x21=168 new images that need to be rendered which will take an extra couple of days.

Reactions: Talmadge

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Hey Ranger. Haven't heard from ya in a while. Everything going good? Got an ETA on when the next update will be out, or anything at all? Keep up the great work.