Others Abandoned The Dark Secret of Cyrill High School [Ep. 1] [Hypnopotamus]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
x1212.jpg

Overview:
The dark secret of Cyrill High School, is a visual novel that tries to be as immersive as possible while still being a 2D game. We think it got its influence from older games that we love, such as the Eye of the Beholder series and related style.
Thread Updated: 2022-11-19
Release Date: 2018-07-17
Developer: Hypnopotamus
Censored: None
Version: Episode 1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download
Win: - -

1.jpg 1 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Frod

Jul 1, 2017
This is impossible to play, after talking to your friend how do you take the left path... I clicked everywhere

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Stuck on literally the second screen. I'm supposed to go to the right? any ideas?
At the beginning school you go to the left.

It have taken long time that the Game have a own thread (in the request thread I posted it 1 day after release).

You can change your icon with your mouse wheel (or find the right place). Or try other things out. You can see a hand,shoes or mouth for action. You can talk for example with the old lady at the beginning.

It was not the best system/engine I think the most would have problems with it to find out.

The Game is bug free and I played the first episode till the end 18. July . (I don´t remember any bugs)

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
If the game did not have such a clunky navigation and interaction gui it would be much better imo. The game actually looks like it could have potential, but it's bogged down by those 2 issues.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
it won't load, gives me a dialogue saying it can't load takescreenshot.mfx. this object might need an external program or library installed.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
What a weird interface - and the translation compounds on the weirdness. Protip: you can pan faster if you pan with the mouse while holding the W key down.

Ep. 1 ends soon after the first sex scene. The story is completely linear.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Where do I go on Willow Street?

I can only only a few paces and don't know where to click.

Winterz

Jul 14, 2018
I really want to give positive feedback, for dialogue you're doing pretty good, but this mouse wheel interface zoom thing is terrible! Sorry, it just is. maybe make buttons instead of zooming in out just force perspective when you enter a scene?