4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
As I think any dev should stick to their original idea and if a dev uses polls more then to me it stops feeling like a game a dev wanted to make.
I think it depends. There are some developers that have a dream and live to tell a story. They would even want to tell it withouth anyone paying for it. For them: Simply just collect the Patreons money and do your thing. If you like, take the polls as inspiration, if not, don't do them at all.

There are other developers that want to give the people what they like and that are good with telling stories. Like a bar keeper or a shop clerk, a car salesman or a show girl. They are not focussed on this single story that cannot be changed a bit, bur they are focussed on entertainig people and maybe even make a living with something they like to do. So yes please, do ask your clients what they like and if you can, integrate it.

And there are so many in between. Creators who want to tell a story, but the story is not carved in stone. They seek for inspiration and they like in people like their story. So they focus more on the things most people like and still develop their story. Like a pizza chief that likes making pizza, but he does not make Prosciutto for everyone, but also Hawaii (with pineapple) if somebody demands it.

So, in short: Just loosen up, there is no black and white when it comes to developers :) .

But yeah, if a developer wants to tell HIS story but he gets himself talked into a different story and loses interest, he is kind of "unlucky". He should make clear to himself what kind of developer he is in first place and then decide how much other interest to implement.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I think it depends. There are some developers that have a dream and live to tell a story. They would even want to tell it withouth anyone paying for it. For them: Simply just collect the Patreons money and do your thing. If you like, take the polls as inspiration, if not, don't do them at all.

There are other developers that want to give the people what they like and that are good with telling stories. Like a bar keeper or a shop clerk, a car salesman or a show girl. They are not focussed on this single story that cannot be changed a bit, bur they are focussed on entertainig people and maybe even make a living with something they like to do. So yes please, do ask your clients what they like and if you can, integrate it.

And there are so many in between. Creators who want to tell a story, but the story is not carved in stone. They seek for inspiration and they like in people like their story. So they focus more on the things most people like and still develop their story. Like a pizza chief that likes making pizza, but he does not make Prosciutto for everyone, but also Hawaii (with pineapple) if somebody demands it.

So, in short: Just loosen up, there is no black and white when it comes to developers :) .

But yeah, if a developer wants to tell HIS story but he gets himself talked into a different story and loses interest, he is kind of "unlucky". He should make clear to himself what kind of developer he is in first place and then decide how much other interest to implement.
I'd tend to agree with this - the only problem cases come up when you get a mixture of two with clashing personalities, like a dev who really wants to tell their story/is more comfortable in a specific genre, but then they open up the creative direction to fans, or vice versa, those who flounder on their own, but are unwilling to take external input.

Reactions: TimoF965

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I'd tend to agree with this - the only problem cases come up when you get a mixture of two with clashing personalities, like a dev who really wants to tell their story/is more comfortable in a specific genre, but then they open up the creative direction to fans, or vice versa, those who flounder on their own, but are unwilling to take external input.
I think getting input from fans is never a bad thing. The dev has to be strong enough to know what they want to do but also be willing to listen to others and be open to seeing things they might not otherwise thought of. I have seen it were fans get pissed because the dev seemingly did not listen to them... that is on the fans who in my view should be thankful the dev is reaching out for their opinions. Also the devs could be better at communicating and saying things like "hey this is my poll to see what people think about x, y, or z. I do appreciate all input but that doesn't mean I will use it.". That way people will feel heard and the dev will get potentially valuable ideas

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
I just hope it's optional I assume it will be. But really should Patrons get to decide content?
Devs should have the story already mapped out imo.
Of course all those decisions will be optional. He said it would only be one or two scenes in the future that he was on the fence about giving Kathryn the option. Maybe if Luke cheats she finds out and can cheat too? I wouldn't worry too much, no different from what was going to happen anyway, more like adding some extra options later.
There's four kinds of Devs:

1. Has an idea but nothing really scripted, will abandon if they get one negative comment.

2. Has a lot of the story elements in mind but most scenes are not written. Allows Patrons to direct the story and decide many things.

3. Has all the story elements written out. Many scenes not done. Lets patrons decide smaller aspects and will change some things if most people want it.

4. Has the full story written out with only minimal scenes not scripted. Will act like patrons make a difference with voting polls but won't change a dam thing.

Reactions: Bobbyboy48

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
I have seen it were fans get pissed because the dev seemingly did not listen to them... that is on the fans who in my view should be thankful the dev is reaching out for their opinions.
That's a good point. If they are really getting pissed, blame them.

But on the other hand, if they just say they don't like the game anymore or complain in a mannered way, I think this is ok. It should not become too much criticism, but I would say 80% of the users despise every game here on f95, they are just different 80% for each game :D . You know, most of the games don't like NTR, but the 20% NTR-fans will love game A. 80% of the gamers don't like vanilla romantic games, but the 20% that laike them... and so on with every niche. So it is completely to be expected that, if you would ask 100 random f95-users, that 80 would not like the game. But since they filter for what they like beforehand, we are live in a bubble where everybody gets upset when someone appears that does not like the game.

But this "I don't like it because..." can do some good to the undecided developer that gets more input an maybe even archive to get 30% of people like his game :D .

Reactions: Bobbyboy48

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Of course all those decisions will be optional. He said it would only be one or two scenes in the future that he was on the fence about giving Kathryn the option. Maybe if Luke cheats she finds out and can cheat too? I wouldn't worry too much, no different from what was going to happen anyway, more like adding some extra options later.
There's four kinds of Devs:

1. Has an idea but nothing really scripted, will abandon if they get one negative comment.

2. Has a lot of the story elements in mind but most scenes are not written. Allows Patrons to direct the story and decide many things.

3. Has all the story elements written out. Many scenes not done. Lets patrons decide smaller aspects and will change some things if most people want it.

4. Has the full story written out with only minimal scenes not scripted. Will act like patrons make a difference with voting polls but won't change a dam thing.
I have said it before, but I really hope there are consequences if Luke cheats, and it would make an interesting storyline.

Hey Bobbyboy48 I just wanted to say sorry for being so negative. I should trust you after all you have already shown you are a great writer.

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
I have said it before, but I really hope there are consequences if Luke cheats, and it would make an interesting storyline.

Hey Bobbyboy48 I just wanted to say sorry for being so negative. I should trust you after all you have already shown you are a great writer.
I'm pretty sure he mentioned there would be consequences for Lukes decisions. Bobby is one of the best Devs out there. Very open and takes on advice or criticism well. Responsive to all his members. Has done some great writing for scenes and his renders are improving all the time. Its different transferring writing for a game than just writing a normal story. Especially with variables and branching paths. If anyone deserves more support from members on this site, its him.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm pretty sure he mentioned there would be consequences for Lukes decisions. Bobby is one of the best Devs out there. Very open and takes on advice or criticism well. Responsive to all his members. Has done some great writing for scenes. Its different transferring writing for a game than just writing a normal story. Especially with variables and branching paths. If anyone deserves more support from members on this site, its him.
The writing is one of the strongest points of the game I agree. I already feel emotionally connected and care about what happens to Kathryn.
I'm always going to be loyal to her.

Honestly I think Luke cheating is worse than if Kathryn cheats. One thing I would like to see is the option to let Kathryn cheat but then have Luke forgive her and they repair their relationship.

Reactions: Z3lda1980

Bobbyboy48

Mar 1, 2021
The writing is one of the strongest points of the game I agree. I already feel emotionally connected and care about what happens to Kathryn.

Honestly I think Luke cheating is worse than if Kathryn cheats. One thing I would like to see is the option to let Kathryn cheat but then have Luke forgive her and they repair their relationship.
Repair the relationship with cummy kisses perhaps? :unsure:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

I agree with what you said about Luke cheating , i'm only going to have 1 save with him cheating as there are a few character I find really hot that I just want to see the scene but that is just a save just to see the content not one of my main saves.

I do think it would be amazing to have them repair the relationship if she cheats. One of my favorite LI from another game is my favorite because the fact you need to repair a broken relationship to make her a LI , I just love that it's unique and different. But if something like that did happen I hope we can see Kathryn really mad at Luke. For 2 reasons I feel it's rare to actually see a LI get mad and in a fight with a MC and well I think she would look really fucken hot when she is upset. Could make for a really hot scene if when she cheated it was because she was mad at Luke.

Reactions: Joshy92

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Absolutely not. It would only attract the types who are turned on by choking, gagging, slobber, and puking. You know. The ones who watch that one Lana Rhodes clip over and over while they jerk it.
Another example of a suitable fragment for the vomit reaction!

(The latter sentence, not your personal thoughts)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Absolutely not. It would only attract the types who are turned on by choking, gagging, slobber, and puking. You know. The ones who watch that one Lana Rhodes clip over and over while they jerk it.
now I want to do all of that besides the puking to Kathryn sounds kind of hot to me of course only in a romantic love making kind of way

Reactions: Joshy92
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes