RPGM - Completed - The Fall of Ship [Final] [Ghost_SM]

1. 2.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

I wouldn't say it was terrible or a complete disaster. In fact, the premise is a good one, the game works fine and the art is good. But i had some problems that made the game fall from grace.

Even if the game is called the Fall of Ship, really the ship is not as bad as it should be for a corruption game. There is not a real pressure for the MC to corrupt herself, or for the crew to be corrupted, so everything feels fake in a certain way. Also, in terms of game design, the ship is too big to travel between and that makes it hard to find the H-events and also the dungeons feel unappealing and blatant.

There are not so many and some had only minor modifications between artwork, so this is a game that has a lot of potential but is dragged back because of some bad mechanics,lacking writing and lack of more artwork.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

myjammies

The Fall of Ship doesn't really deserve to be called a game. It's more of an interminable slog through labyrinthine maps, mind-numbingly slow and pointless battles, only to achieve some scenes that are pixelated so heavily that you might as well have drawn them with a three foot crayon. In essence, while the setting is titillating enough and there is a lot of potential to be had with scenes, the way they're linked with the game itself means this is an awful experience that should be avoided.

The story, as always in H-Games, is a placeholder. It's usually the worst thing about an H-Game. But for The Fall of Ship, it's the only thing that doesn't suck. The setting is palatable. Ship breaks down on an abandoned planet, you need to find crystal macguffins to power your ship. Some mercenaries have already found one and you need to scrape together 100k gold to pay for it. Fair enough.

The gameplay is where this "game" utterly fails you. For one, the maps are maze-like. You have to walk around a fair bit to actually find the teleporter to go the first dungeon. The dungeons themselves are similar. What's worse is that they're empty. You will walk a fair bit to find a useless item and have to backtrack because that particular way was a dead end. The movement speed isn't all too fast either.

The combat is a severe let down. The stats don't seem to matter at all. Buying fancy new guns will only increase your damage by a very modest amount. The combat is grindy as hell. It also cannot be sped up. Which means if you want to fight, you'll have to suffer through actions that take up to several seconds at a time. The combat is also utterly pointless since you can run away from most enemies and just go to the final place in the dungeon for a cutscene anyway. There is no battle-fuck system. There are no scenes on defeat. You just get a Game Over if you lose with nary a GOR scene to at least alleviate the pain you felt grinding through the combat. So why have it in the first place? At the very least, it's entirely skippable but you still have to slog through the horrid labyrinthine dungeons anyway.

Which brings us to the final crux of the game - the H-Scenes. While the setting is fine and the scenes themselves are set up while story/content wise, the CGs are awful. The amount of pixelation on display here is just bemusing. It leaves everything up to the imagination since you can't see shit. I've played my fair share of horribly pixelated, censored, mosaic'd games but rarely have I encountered something this awful.

All in all, a meandering, pointless, frustrating waste of a few hours.