5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
For anyone having the black screen issue I was able to fix it by installing on the game, just run the point it to the game .exe and press "INSTALL". Running the game I was able to pass the first CG scene and get to the mahjong tutorial.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Briheas

Nov 21, 2021
Every time I see a mahjong game I'm always like "oh, I haven't played mahjong in years, let me try this!" And then when I play it, I remember that all these games have way too different scoring rules than I'm used to. Like every yaku is worth roughly double the amount of han than I'm used to, so that seriously messes me up when I'm deciding how aggressively I want to play.

Reactions: ddjmax

Kryomancer

Feb 7, 2022
For anyone having the black screen issue I was able to fix it by installing on the game, just run the point it to the game .exe and press "INSTALL". Running the game I was able to pass the first CG scene and get to the mahjong tutorial.

The explanation why this works is the most software developer thing I've read all day and I absolutely hate the fact that I had the same issue and this fixed it... Goddamn Unity.

Reactions: lalalandland11

Psijii

May 6, 2022

Thanks. The advice helped.

Kryomancer

Feb 7, 2022
The game starts out fun but a bit past the halfway point when the opponent starting points start becoming worth multiple yakuman it turns into a grindy chore. Also, do not be deluded for a second that knowing mahjong strategy helps, as the game gives the characters a luck stat which directly rigs the game in their favor. I've seen more yakuman in an hour of this game than the rest of my life and I play a lot of mahjong. And raising that luck stat involves grinding currency that will see you repeating a lot of the earlier matches.

Also, the luck system is kind of stupid in that it only seems to consider pure tile efficiency, which means that if you have high luck and are trying to do something like chinitsu, you'll constantly get anything but that suit because technically having tiles in all suits will increase the number of tiles your hand accepts. Well okay, playing pure efficiency instead of high value hands wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that you have to deplete the entire pool of the opponent's points, a pool that may be worth multiple yakuman. Good luck chipping that down with tanyaos. While we're at it, it takes a big grind to get your own starting points even above a single mangan, so while you have to whittle down the opponent's massive points pool, they will quite often kill you in a single round.

Then there's the wall rigging mechanism that can guarantee you a specific starting hand, which is as powerful as it sounds. The problem is that using it, again, requires you to expend a resource you'll have to grind for tens of hands for even just one use. Oh, and the opponent can use it too, except of course they have no cost for it and can literally start out with 1-shanten to tenpai hands every single round if they so choose. Fun.

The game also has some unorthodox implementations of riichi rules. Swap calling is allowed so abuse that to your heart's content. The help menu has a page titled "Furiten" which does not describe the furiten rule nor does it appear to be in play. You'll get money bonuses after the match but I have no idea if their description actually matches when they're given out because every time I don't win with a yakuman I get a bonus for "winning with a yakuman" and every time I do I don't get the bonus... There are no points awarded for being in tenpai at ryuukyoku and the 2 player format makes games very short so you can easily go tens of rounds without any points exchanges which can get a bit boring quick.

Tl;dr: It starts out fun and slowly spirals into sheer frustration. It's not really a mahjong game but an RPG grinding game where you raise a luck stat to win games that on the surface look like mahjong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajm

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
The game starts out fun but a bit past the halfway point when the opponent starting points start becoming worth multiple yakuman it turns into a grindy chore. Also, do not be deluded for a second that knowing mahjong strategy helps, as the game gives the characters a luck stat which directly rigs the game in their favor. I've seen more yakuman in an hour of this game than the rest of my life and I play a lot of mahjong. And raising that luck stat involves grinding currency that will see you repeating a lot of the earlier matches.

Also, the luck system is kind of stupid in that it only seems to consider pure tile efficiency, which means that if you have high luck and are trying to do something like chinitsu, you'll constantly get anything but that suit because technically having tiles in all suits will increase the number of tiles your hand accepts. Well okay, playing pure efficiency instead of high value hands wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that you have to deplete the entire pool of the opponent's points, a pool that may be worth multiple yakuman. Good luck chipping that down with tanyaos. While we're at it, it takes a big grind to get your own starting points even above a single mangan, so while you have to whittle down the opponent's massive points pool, they will quite often kill you in a single round.

Then there's the wall rigging mechanism that can guarantee you a specific starting hand, which is as powerful as it sounds. The problem is that using it, again, requires you to expend a resource you'll have to grind for tens of hands for even just one use. Oh, and the opponent can use it too, except of course they have no cost for it and can literally start out with 1-shanten to tenpai hands every single round if they so choose. Fun.

The game also has some unorthodox implementations of riichi rules. Swap calling is allowed so abuse that to your heart's content. The help menu has a page titled "Furiten" which does not describe the furiten rule nor does it appear to be in play. You'll get money bonuses after the match but I have no idea if their description actually matches when they're given out because every time I don't win with a yakuman I get a bonus for "winning with a yakuman" and every time I do I don't get the bonus... There are no points awarded for being in tenpai at ryuukyoku and the 2 player format makes games very short so you can easily go tens of rounds without any points exchanges which can get a bit boring quick.

Tl;dr: It starts out fun and slowly spirals into sheer frustration. It's not really a mahjong game but an RPG grinding game where you raise a luck stat to win games that on the surface look like mahjong.
Agreed, I basically stoped playing by the 4th girl because I defeated her with 2 yakuman. It simply wasn't fun, and while the cg is good the "english" distracts too much from it for it to be enjoyable. Reading this makes me glad I didn't get as far as you did... At least this game made me go back to Mahjong Soul again.
anyone know of some other r18 mahjong games prefferable like this one?
From what I saw there are a few in DLsite, has like 14 mahjong games. All in moonrunes though so i have not tried them.

Last edited:

mgb79

Jul 16, 2020
In addition to what the other comments have noted, there's also something a bit odd that I encountered. To this point, I don't think I've seen the A.I. chi/pon/kan a single time off one of my discards. The only time one of my discards is ever used is if they're declaring a win. For whatever reason, the opponent always plays fully concealed. I know JP style has the yaku requirement so calling these is probably less common, but surely it's unnatural to never make use of them, not to mention inefficient. The A.I. is basically playing with a handicap all the time. I suppose you could say this is "balanced" by the devs giving the later opponents absurd amounts of starting points, but that doesn't really make the game more interesting, just more grindy.

Last edited:

saitemaru

Jul 23, 2017
1 vs 1 mahjong
yeaaah.... this is not what i'd describe as "fun" mahjong
if this game unlock 4-player mode in any point of the game, please tell me
don't have any motivation to continue to find out, lol

meanwhile imma go back to mahjong souls

rouge_g

Jul 1, 2017
Be it puzzle, candy crush copy or mahjong, as long as someone has a full save the grind can be avoided. And this has some top quality animations, goddamn

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote