HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Not sure if vanderer checks here for stuff like this, but using "can't" here is wrong, should be can.
View attachment 3676322

Second time I see wvm mentioned on the site, what is it?
yes vanderer is active in the thread

and wvm is a other avn (one whit some controversy around its development but you can read about it in the wvm thread)

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Thanks to modern science, now you don't even need to get out of bed to man the cannons.
Yeah, I need to remake that one...

Sarah hasn't been in the game very long, but this update made me fall in love with her.

My one problem with this update, and it's been happening for a while, is how MC treats Solange. Don't get me wrong, she's treated well and often much the same as Maria, but MC doesn't treat her or see her as his daughter. Every so often he'll refer to Solange as his stepdaughter, but most of the time he treats her as simply his daughters friend even when granting her the same things as Maria. It's wrong. Especially when he himself treats Athagan in every way like his father, when it's only been an official adoption a couple of months. I don't care that one girl is a commoner and the other a born noble, if they're to be sisters let them actually be sisters. Both should be referred to as his daughters, they should be referred to as each others sister. There's a distasteful irony that this continues in an update heavily focusing on the impact of how two sisters were treated.
Dude, the MC just met her! And yes, the MC is Athagan's son for a short time, but Athagan took care of the MC for more than a decade before that. Comparing the two is disingenuous.

And I really don't see how the MC mistreat Solange. He's going to buy her a pony like Maria, took her to the captial in a skyship like Maria. Sure, he don't treat her like her daughter, bacause she's his stepdaughter. For now.

Not sure if vanderer checks here for stuff like this, but using "can't" here is wrong, should be can.
View attachment 3676322
Thanks, corrected for the next update.

im sure regrading solange will be treated more as a daughter along the way, sure like e6mill said harem courtesy or customs play some role, but its also a time factor ,athagan raised the MC so they build a father son relationship over the years, so same will most likely happen whit the MC and solange when she starts to develop more individuality as a person.

for she's still a stepdaughter from a concubine, their father-daughter relationship will need some time to develop but we already see the mc at least help raise her and treat her like part off the family, if he didn't care for her happiness he wouldn't have offered her the same pony deal as maria

I do hope the MC finds a way around or a loophole kinda thing for the only one ishtar priestess thing because i'd like to add all 3 windale priestesses shown to the harem and the yes ofcrouse lilianna after she had time to grieve
You got it for Solange!
As for the pristesses rules, it's for the warded ones. Basically, it's a rule that's in place so one man cannot claim tham all for himself, so after that they are considered normal women. Being a Priestess of Ishater is a role that stop the day they marry. Then, their duty is to their husband.

So how often do releases come for this game? What's the turnover and if i were to subscribe, when would be the smartest time to do it?
Here is a post from Tiur with the size and dates of the releases.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Here is a post from Tiur with the size and dates of the releases.
Oof, that was a bit data dense on first seeing it, brain kinda jammed up from the overload but breaking up it looks like you go roughly 4 to 6 weeks between updates (just like HiHaHo said)... guess i'll pop in with a donation in about 3 or so weeks :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vanderer and HiHaHo

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Found the game recently and been playing for a little while. Not sure how close I am to the end of content yet, but from comments it feels like I'm getting close.

Two things that kinda got in my mind as a curiosity and that I haven't seen clearly explained in the game though:

1 - Was Karla a virgin when the MC took her in the tower? That is never clarified. MC states she was his first but the reverse is never stated. That on top of her being a mage (and thus being far more independent than most women and having the societal rules apply differently to her). She does mention "having one last adventure" before acquiescing to her jerk father's (and Eloise's) demands, but the MC put a stop to that when he claimed her;

2 - Priestesses of Ishtar: It is generally frowned upon to make a move on them, and it's expected of them to make the move if and when they are interested in someone, not the reverse. It is never said anywhere that they are forbidden from having partners before their belly ward expires though. At the same time, during the Ishtar ritual of marriage, the priestess always make it a point to indicate to the husband-to-be if the lady he is about to marry is a virgin or not. So with that preamble out of the way, are the priestesses supposed to be and stay virgins until they choose/marry a partner? Are they "free" to engage with others due to their position? Or does it vary depending on the individual priestess?

Finally... can we abolish the rule that a guy can only have 1 priestess with him? Cause I just played through the wedding scene after the orc raid on Wildale and it'd be lovely to have both the High Priestess as well as the normal priestess (the one who pressured the High Priestess into making a decision about the MC) in the harem.

Overall, I've been enjoying the game for what it is. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything and it has a fair number of flaws, but it's a pretty good "comfort game" (in a similar way to which we'd use the term "comfort food"). It's nice.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Dude, the MC just met her! And yes, the MC is Athagan's son for a short time, but Athagan took care of the MC for more than a decade before that. Comparing the two is disingenuous.

And I really don't see how the MC mistreat Solange. He's going to buy her a pony like Maria, took her to the captial in a skyship like Maria. Sure, he don't treat her like her daughter, bacause she's his stepdaughter. For now.
Comparing to Athagan isn't disingenuous at all. MC changes his relationship dynamic with women at the drop of a hat all the time. MC barely knows Solange's mother and has already effectively married her. And he always immediately starts thinking of the women as being his, there's no waiting, there's no "waiting" a period of time. There's practically jewelry placed on them before MC has finished cumming in them.

I'm not saying Solange is being treated badly, but the dynamic between her and MC needs to be improved. MC needs to start thinking of her as his. She's his daughter now. And bringing up that she's his stepdaughter is a pathetic defense. There is absolutely no good reason to mark that distinction. "For now", I can only hope means you plan of some formal adoption happening. Because I can't see anything else of worth for that. And even if she is to be formally adopted at some point in the future, that is no reason why terminology about her can't be changed both in MCs own thoughts and in how he speaks both to and about her in the present.

I'm not saying he has to be completely used to it immediately, but having him make mistakes and correcting himself even in his own thoughts would be a good step in the right direction.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
1 - Was Karla a virgin when the MC took her in the tower? That is never clarified. MC states she was his first but the reverse is never stated. That on top of her being a mage (and thus being far more independent than most women and having the societal rules apply differently to her). She does mention "having one last adventure" before acquiescing to her jerk father's (and Eloise's) demands, but the MC put a stop to that when he claimed her;
im 90% sure she had her chastity ,she explains their first encounter during a scene in the garden pools

2 - Priestesses of Ishtar: It is generally frowned upon to make a move on them, and it's expected of them to make the move if and when they are interested in someone, not the reverse. It is never said anywhere that they are forbidden from having partners before their belly ward expires though. At the same time, during the Ishtar ritual of marriage, the priestess always make it a point to indicate to the husband-to-be if the lady he is about to marry is a virgin or not. So with that preamble out of the way, are the priestesses supposed to be and stay virgins until they choose/marry a partner? Are they "free" to engage with others due to their position? Or does it vary depending on the individual priestess?
staying a virgin until marriage seems to be the general custom but naturally some people disregard these,being part off the clergy that hold the customs in high regard i doubt any would brake them
as for why its frowned up to court them is due the their Ward protecting their womb from the global curse (which is still kind off a mystery to me on how it works but it basicly inhibits pregnancy especially if its a male offspring)

Reactions: Vanderer

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Comparing to Athagan isn't disingenuous at all. MC changes his relationship dynamic with women at the drop of a hat all the time. MC barely knows Solange's mother and has already effectively married her. And he always immediately starts thinking of the women as being his, there's no waiting, there's no "waiting" a period of time. There's practically jewelry placed on them before MC has finished cumming in them.

I'm not saying Solange is being treated badly, but the dynamic between her and MC needs to be improved. MC needs to start thinking of her as his. She's his daughter now. And bringing up that she's his stepdaughter is a pathetic defense. There is absolutely no good reason to mark that distinction. "For now", I can only hope means you plan of some formal adoption happening. Because I can't see anything else of worth for that. And even if she is to be formally adopted at some point in the future, that is no reason why terminology about her can't be changed both in MCs own thoughts and in how he speaks both to and about her in the present.

I'm not saying he has to be completely used to it immediately, but having him make mistakes and correcting himself even in his own thoughts would be a good step in the right direction.
Well, dude, since my opinion on it is, to quote you, pathetic, you should play another VN, because he ain't going to go away soon.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023

well first off Lia is a concubine ,she's isn't married to the MC and probably never will so officially solange isn't his step-daughter at all
And yes the "step" is a clear and valid distinction ,blood is blood especially in a feudal based society and in this avn it holds even more importance whit the addition of magic potential
now these distinctions matter little in a modern western society but the novel isn't based in such a place

still the MC treats solange like his step-daughter because off his character ,its often said in the novel that most men treat women quite badly so solange and Lia struck gold when in a moment off lust the MC took Lia and claimed her for himself as a concubine (whit her consent of course)

the MC has interacted about what? 3 times whit solange? its to early to form any real father daughter relationship currently hes still getting to know and understand her its to early to parent her they need to establish trust first then go from there
Which im sure off that it something vanderer had planned for already

your grievance is valid but also premature IMO

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
This has got to be a Pulp Fiction reference. Based dev.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not gonna do a play by play, but this one made me go "Hah! I know that one!"

...If I'm wrong about it, don't tell me.

• Hey there
Reactions: Vanderer

Armo99

Nov 26, 2019
just going to say there are too much talking and meeting and to little action, but with this update its solved. not yet action, but emotionaly intense

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
as for why its frowned up to court them is due the their Ward protecting their womb from the global curse (which is still kind off a mystery to me on how it works but it basicly inhibits pregnancy especially if its a male offspring)
my understanding is the curse don't change the chance of pregnancy, but change the male/female rateo from 50/50 to 10/90
obv vanderer can chime in and prove me wrong.

Nope, not wrong. ;)

But contrary to Pulp Fiction ,we are going to know what the McGuffin is, and do, later.
so this will stop it to be a mcguffin for definition, no? ;)

Reactions: Ssato243

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
im 90% sure she had her chastity ,she explains their first encounter during a scene in the garden pools

staying a virgin until marriage seems to be the general custom but naturally some people disregard these,being part off the clergy that hold the customs in high regard i doubt any would brake them
Interesting. The Karla thing is speculation though, right?

The writing so far has been very intentional and clear about this matter with all the girls... except her. Which did raise a "!" in my mind, due to how clear everything else was. Some little things that add to the vagueness of it like when Karla is being self-conscious about her butt, and the MC says that he "is the only man she needs to care about pleasing", but no mention of him being the only man she'd been with either from the MC's mouth or Karla's.

On the other hand, the game is also vague about a couple of the maids (but not all of them. Anne is kept vague, and seemed to me that she wasn't a virgin when we first take her in the baths. Others, like Aline, are clear about their lack of experience).

That makes me think about the overall culture and rules of the world (in Aetan primarily but also in Keysillia). The position of "maid" to a Lord doesn't include the necessity (or expectation) of chastity, but does come with some "vague expectations" of their master making use of them. Those who are even able to have maids in the first place, such as nobles, would then have a very "lazy" and hedonistic lifestyle on account of how rare it is to be male AND a noble. (and fits into the whole idea of the MC and Athagan being the exception instead of the norm when it comes to how they carry themselves)

The main question for me now then is how mages (specifically, female mages and Karla as an extension of that point) fit into this setting. Karla's former master is a master enchantress and I'm sure there are other talented female mages out there (that might be mentioned in a point after the one I'm playing through now).

The elves of Keysillia seem quite different from that, in that Arwen and her lady were the exception due to political reasons.

And how about male mages such as the two that accompany the queen?

How is Asambé viewed through the lens of power?

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
my understanding is the curse don't change the chance of pregnancy, but change the male/female rateo from 50/50 to 10/90
obv vanderer can chime in and prove me wrong.

so this will stop it to be a mcguffin for definition, no? ;)
Yep, it changes the ratio of males and females born. 10/90 is the current ratio but it's progressive, and the number of males born dwindle with each generations.

As for the McGuffin, of course.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Interesting. The Karla thing is speculation though, right?

The writing so far has been very intentional and clear about this matter with all the girls... except her. Which did raise a "!" in my mind, due to how clear everything else was. Some little things that add to the vagueness of it like when Karla is being self-conscious about her butt, and the MC says that he "is the only man she needs to care about pleasing", but no mention of him being the only man she'd been with either from the MC's mouth or Karla's.

On the other hand, the game is also vague about a couple of the maids (but not all of them. Anne is kept vague, and seemed to me that she wasn't a virgin when we first take her in the baths. Others, like Aline, are clear about their lack of experience).

That makes me think about the overall culture and rules of the world (in Aetan primarily but also in Keysillia). The position of "maid" to a Lord doesn't include the necessity (or expectation) of chastity, but does come with some "vague expectations" of their master making use of them. Those who are even able to have maids in the first place, such as nobles, would then have a very "lazy" and hedonistic lifestyle on account of how rare it is to be male AND a noble. (and fits into the whole idea of the MC and Athagan being the exception instead of the norm when it comes to how they carry themselves)

The main question for me now then is how mages (specifically, female mages and Karla as an extension of that point) fit into this setting. Karla's former master is a master enchantress and I'm sure there are other talented female mages out there (that might be mentioned in a point after the one I'm playing through now).

The elves of Keysillia seem quite different from that, in that Arwen and her lady were the exception due to political reasons.

And how about male mages such as the two that accompany the queen?

How is Asambé viewed through the lens of power?
So, to answer, yes Karla was a virgin. For the maids, yes too, except for Latia.

A maid is not automatically expected to satisfy her Master sexually. It depends on the contract. Like Amielia, the new maid, having a child can be part of the compensation, but you can put everything you want in the contract. Including no sex. Of course, some people like Naesala's former Mistress do not respect the law and it can be difficult to have your rights enforced.
They cannot have another man, though, no Master will accept that.

Female mages are knight too, and also free to choose their man, while a normal woman must seek the approval of the pater famillias. They are genereally viewed as prized wives, and eqiual to their male counterparts.

Elves can choose their man, but the parents can ask for a duel. You must be ready to fight for your woman.

The mages/bodyguards of the Queen are treated as normal mages legally, but it is a very prestigious position. Kantor is also Master of the Brands and control the condemned, so there's another layer with him. But yeah, both have their own harem and are viewed as very important people.

Asambé is not very important in the grand scheme of things. But he's still above average because he's a Captain in the Militia, and a bladesmith. Smiths in general are viewed as above peasants, or even a simple guard. BUt Asamb" is a man that is very happy with his lot. He loves his wives, love his job, and love his town. So he do not seek power, and would have a hard time to attain it anyways.

4.30 star(s) 47 Votes