HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Just a question out of interest, if they are all males, was it explaines why the queen didnt use her guard as breeders?
if i had to guess that the royal guards aren't noble's maybe the captain and 1 or 2 others as a exception...
also the breeder thing is done as a compensation to get the MC to be with sarah primarily, and others in the Aetas household as secondly

Last edited:
Reactions: caspian90

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Just a question out of interest, if they are all males, was it explaines why the queen didnt use her guard as breeders?
as any other royal family the level needed to in the social hierarchy to be a suitor are very high. and usualy they require a full wedding, MC situation is special, because his social standing is very high. he is a mage, so a noble by right, and a rare type of mage, because is ancestry, he's the heir of a very important fielfdom, i think a RL corrispetive is a marquis, not a small noble, and is the son of the lord protector and most powerful human mage alive. with that pedigree even as 'breeder' is acceptable for a royal family (for sure there are some nobles will whine, but they will never have the spine to said that to the queen or the princess)

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
as any other royal family the level needed to in the social hierarchy to be a suitor are very high. and usualy they require a full wedding, MC situation is special, because his social standing is very high. he is a mage, so a noble by right, and a rare type of mage, because is ancestry, he's the heir of a very important fielfdom, i think a RL corrispetive is a marquis, not a small noble, and is the son of the lord protector and most powerful human mage alive. with that pedigree even as 'breeder' is acceptable for a royal family (for sure there are some nobles will whine, but they will never have the spine to said that to the queen or the princess)
That's mostly it. House Aetas is very pecullar about who they make children with. They carrefully crafted their lineage for generations. The MC is an attractive prospect because of his elemental magic.

The House Guards are strong men, and have a prestigious position, but they are not on the level with a princess, and frankly Sarah was not going to make childfren with "the help".

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
That's mostly it. House Aetas is very pecullar about who they make children with. They carrefully crafted their lineage for generations. The MC is an attractive prospect because of his elemental magic.

The House Guards are strong men, and have a prestigious position, but they are not on the level with a princess, and frankly Sarah was not going to make childfren with "the help".
For Sarah, it makes perfect sense, but for all the Maids, who desperatly wanting children, i would have thought that with enough males around in the capital, there woukd have been entanglements

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
Tried downloading v20E on GoFile.com which said 'folder is not public'... guess we have to wait a while?

damm what a great update but fuck the cliffhanger you made
'A cliffhanger or cliffhanger ending is a in which features a main character in a precarious or difficult dilemma or confronted with a shocking revelation at the end of an episode'-- . According to this, I'm unsure The Fiery Scion (TFS) ever had a cliffhanger, though I'm not against them; they can actually be entertaining. One could say the most recent one was when they found out about The Black Hand (perhaps shocking revelation) but then decided to go after them with a powerful party (could sound difficult but maybe not precarious). I saw it more as a reasonable place to continue the story later with the amount of content that update had.

Cliffhanger was defined by the example of a television show the hero was in a precarious position hanging off a cliff, literally his life in extreme instant danger, before the next episode. TFS never had any such precarious (original definition) ending to an update (okay, maybe moreso than The Black Hand, the plague in part 1, though solution was on the way, so not as precarious as original definition). Definitions loosened, and now it seems videogame/visual-novel players (not only above post, but several/many here and elsewhere) define 'cliffhanger' as 'ending to an update'.

You call the character taking a nap a 'cliffhanger'?! Come on--what's the precarious issue--you wonder if he's going to make it to late supper or just sleep overnight? This is not precarious nor even dilemma nor shocking. Have a little more respect for a creator/artist/writer/programmer/developer! It's like players wish there was 100+ hours of content per update so they could play until they collapse of stress, or urgently focus on real life, perhaps having a cliffhanger in real life (IRL)... only so much content can be made at a time.

Last edited:

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
For Sarah, it makes perfect sense, but for all the Maids, who desperatly wanting children, i would have thought that with enough males around in the capital, there woukd have been entanglements
Oh, some left after getting a man.

They are there on a contract, and frankly if they wanted to leave Sariel would allow it. But the maids are living a life of luxury compared to people from the streets, so...

But a Noble House like House Aetas will not have a breeder just for the maids. Not when you have a young marriageable heir like Sarah. If she was to marry, then you have another man in the house, so to speak. Most guys who would marry Sarah would hates that. After all, enjoying the maids of the house is the highest ranked male of the House prerogative.

Sariel did make an exception for Faraah, but that's due to her nature. Generally, it's not done. Even fior the MC, it's more an exception than anything common.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
No. The clergy in the Capital were NOT decimated. They were annihilated. If they were merely DECImated, %90 of them would still be alive. Kinda as if DECImated means 1/TENTH of something is killed or destroyed. Hence, the prefix DECI.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
No. The clergy in the Capital were NOT decimated. They were annihilated. If they were merely DECImated, %90 of them would still be alive. Kinda as if DECImated means 1/TENTH of something is killed or destroyed. Hence, the prefix DECI.
It can mean both, in this context though decimate would have only worked if the last one wasn't also killed. Decimate being 1/10 is an older definition of the term that was specifically when 1/10 of a group were eliminated as a punishment. It can also mean to kill or remove a large percentage of something. However, annihilate does make more sense in this context, since they were all killed.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Is there a way to save only your final part #1 savefile for part #2, and same with part #2 for part #3?
Unless you are wiping out your AppData folder every time (or wherever Ren'Py saves persistent stuff on Mac or Linux), that should already be happening. All your Ren'Py games' saves should persist even if you delete every time after saving.

If you mean Android, no idea (but I believe that's up to the person who makes the port).

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
Unless you are wiping out your AppData folder every time (or wherever Ren'Py saves persistent stuff on Mac or Linux), that should already be happening.[...]
Well, I copied TFS-Update_12a-pc/game/saves into TFS-Update_20e-pc/game (or the initial part #2 update) and it's not only my final savefile, but all from part #1 that can't be used in part #2 except the final one. It's not unplayable, just at times confusing when I replay.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer
4.40 star(s) 53 Votes